Author Topic: Keysight hit a new low with spamming YouTube subscription feed.  (Read 3267 times)

Offline _Andrew_Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
Keysight hit a new low with spamming YouTube subscription feed.
« on: October 04, 2016, 08:31:27 am »
This is test equipment manufacturer related rather than just an item of test equipment.

This morning I look to see if there is anything new from the YouTube channels I subscribe too only to find that Keysight have done one of there video dumps again but this time to an all new extreme, somewhere in excess of 150 videos in one go. (lost count at around 150 was not going to try and count them again)

Now there videos can be of interest but these massive dumps are just not worth trawling through and can obscure content from other subscriptions that can get lost amongst these mass video dumps. There was one from Dave lost in somewhere the middle of them.

It is a shame that they don't take the approach of most youtube content producers and spread the release of videos.

Offline sainter

• Regular Contributor
Re: Keysight hit a new low with spamming YouTube subscription feed.
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 10:55:29 am »
I would totally believe that it was more a mistake then intention. But all in all, after Keysight giveaway, I think more that this could be forgiven ;)

Offline Keysight DanielBogdanoff

• Supporter
  • ALL THE SCOPES!
    • Keysight Scopes YouTube channel
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 04:43:46 pm »
I'll start by saying that I wasn't involved in this and didn't know it was happening.

I do know that we've been trying to consolidate a number of, um, "lightly-managed" YouTube channels into the corporate channel. It looks like all of the videos from the wireless/spec an channel were moved into this channel (171 videos by my count).

The goal is to have these videos available for people to link to or to be found through searches, not as much to trickle out new content. It's not ideal, but I imagine it's better to not trickle out content that's already been posted and may have varying levels of relevance for subscribers.

Now for the mostly-shameless plug, we have new content every other Tuesday on the Keysight Oscilloscopes YouTube channel :). https://www.youtube.com/user/KeysightOscilloscope

Offline GlowingGhoul

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 05:01:30 pm »
This is test equipment manufacturer related rather than just an item of test equipment.

This morning I look to see if there is anything new from the YouTube channels I subscribe too only to find that Keysight have done one of there video dumps again but this time to an all new extreme, somewhere in excess of 150 videos in one go. (lost count at around 150 was not going to try and count them again)

Now there videos can be of interest but these massive dumps are just not worth trawling through and can obscure content from other subscriptions that can get lost amongst these mass video dumps. There was one from Dave lost in somewhere the middle of them.

It is a shame that they don't take the approach of most youtube content producers and spread the release of videos.

"A new low"

Oh the horror, lol. Such melodrama.  ::)

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2016, 05:51:44 pm »
I'll start by saying that I wasn't involved in this and didn't know it was happening.

I do know that we've been trying to consolidate a number of, um, "lightly-managed" YouTube channels into the corporate channel. It looks like all of the videos from the wireless/spec an channel were moved into this channel (171 videos by my count).

The goal is to have these videos available for people to link to or to be found through searches, not as much to trickle out new content. It's not ideal, but I imagine it's better to not trickle out content that's already been posted and may have varying levels of relevance for subscribers.

Now for the mostly-shameless plug, we have new content every other Tuesday on the Keysight Oscilloscopes YouTube channel :). https://www.youtube.com/user/KeysightOscilloscope

Figured as much, but as I only turn on the email notifications for some channels I did not get the 170 odd emails at once.  While you are doing well to consolidate the channels, I would recommend next time to do so in batches of 20 or so at a time, and not any time near your regular Tuesday release, otherwise the new stuff will be buried under the noise. That way you will at least have them in a short enough form that you can actually soo if there is one of interest in there, and not just scroll by them in the feed as being just noise. too many at once and people will unsubscribe.

Offline kripton2035

• Super Contributor
    • kripton2035 schematics repository
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2016, 06:47:33 pm »
do a Keysight giveway every year ( and let me win once! ;) ) and I will forgive you for that intrusion !

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf