Author Topic: A look at the Uni-T UT210E  (Read 441290 times)

multiJ and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline kkontak

• Contributor
Re: A look at the Uni-T UT210E
« Reply #875 on: November 08, 2023, 12:36:23 pm »
Just found out this hack and tried on my UT210E. Worked great!

Two observations:

1. By adding a 2nd feature (AC mV) in NCV mode, using the below 2-byte hack, you also add a 3rd feature (AC A 6000A) which seems silly to me. The $1D byte is really useful for the mV feature to work? Because all it does, is to enable the 3rd feature.

NCV, NCV mV
---------
9C: 00 02
AC: 00 1D

2. When I opened my unit, I noticed a QC fail. The R37 resistor was soldered only in one of the pads. Still worked tho, even after years of beatings around in the toolbag on many work fieldtrips.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2023, 12:53:25 pm by kkontak »

Offline ceut

• Regular Contributor
Re: A look at the Uni-T UT210E
« Reply #876 on: Yesterday at 11:14:03 pm »
Time has passed since my contribution here...2017   ::)
A quick follow up of a problem of one of my 2 UT210E (the one I have given to my brother).
I have to fix his FAAC D600 motherboard (from a motor garage door) which has failed and some burned part on it.

So, after having fixed it at home, I have gone to his home, and when I have rechecked the power voltage line, his UT210E reads 51V DC  :o  (for a 24AC 86VA transfomer, which I have checked at home at 24.85V RMS on my Keysight U1233A and with my Siglent DSO 68V peak-peak (34V max and -34V min)).

=>So big fail for this 6 years UT210e old that I have flashed and contributed for mod it here  :-+ https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/a-look-at-the-uni-t-ut210e/msg1316832/#msg1316832

I have worked on it for about 3 hours, reflashing other 24C02 calibration file, checking many parts etc..
All other functions worked well.
Then I have removed fully the motherboard, and found the issue  :o
==> Wear of the rotary switch !  :palm:  :palm:
2 traces have lost their solder mask  as you will see on the photos.
I have put a piece af tape, and it is working again, with the good calibration I have made 6 years ago  :-+
Now I have to find how I can isolate this traces... will try some UV solder mask

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 11:18:24 pm by ceut »

The following users thanked this post: multiJ, RoGeorge, Mortymore

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf