Author Topic: KP-184 Carrying case  (Read 546 times)

Offline SpecialKTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
KP-184 Carrying case
« on: May 17, 2021, 09:35:30 pm »
I'm enjoying my KP-184 electronic load very much.  However, I would like to take it out in the field and test 48V UPS battery packs at field locations.  I have a more portable BK Precision 601B, but it only tests 6V & 12V batteries.

I think I could put a handle on the top of the unit, but the power cord and test leads would need to be carried loose or in an attached pouch. I'm thinking I should be able to get some sort of carrying case.  A leather one would be cool, but I'm think a resin plastic one might be much more available.  A Pelican is probably overkill.

What is the term I should be searching? Tool box, plastic tote, ammo box, field box?  Any recommendations?

Online duckduck

• Frequent Contributor
  • 20Hz < fun < 20kHz, and RF is Really Fun
Re: KP-184 Carrying case
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2021, 11:17:38 pm »
Try "airtight case" or "waterproof case". There are tons on Aliexpress. I know that Harbor Freight Tools in the USA sells cheaper Pelican knockoff cases. I don't know if that helps you in Canada.

Offline SpecialKTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: KP-184 Carrying case
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2021, 11:41:24 pm »
Try "airtight case" or "waterproof case". There are tons on Aliexpress. I know that Harbor Freight Tools in the USA sells cheaper Pelican knockoff cases. I don't know if that helps you in Canada.

I will give that a try.  In the meantime, I found a small piece of luggage my wife has never used.  It says it's a tote bag(I think that's incorrect) and it's a nice size.  Has a separate zippered compartment I can keep cables in which should keep the perspex from getting scratched.  I might make a foam to slip over the front connectors and guard them from bumping.  Good enough for the trunk of the car. Boot of the ute, or whatever the bogans call it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf