Author Topic: Leader LBO-325 owners  (Read 440 times)

Offline brndn84Topic starter

Leader LBO-325 owners
« on: October 17, 2020, 06:25:49 pm »
I'd like to start off by saying I'm a beginner hobbyist, so please forgive my ignorance.

I found a really nice LBO 325 on ebay that came with a carry case, sun shield and was in really great shape, the only thing I can get to work are the Illumination, intensity, focus, holdoff and trace controls. They all happen to use the same style pots that I can't seem to source the exact model of. They seem proprietary since they can be retracted or extended for use.

I've attempted cleaning them with deoxit D5 and the show no change in resistance when checked with a meter.

I suppose the upshot is I was able to focus the trace and lower the intensity using the appropriate trimmers inside the case, but that's not really ideal.

This isn't a scope I plan to use all the time, I have a DS1054z, but I do want to get it fully functional.

I'm hoping some d100 will clean up the pots a little better, short of that, does anyone with experience with this scope have any other suggestions?

I should mention I also have a LBO-323 that's mostly a parts machine at this point and it suffers the same issue. I'm guessing these pots are commonly bad?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf