Author Topic: LeCroy 44MXi-A power issue  (Read 156 times)

Offline darkstar49Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
LeCroy 44MXi-A power issue
« on: February 16, 2024, 08:50:30 am »
Hello all,

I'm facing some issue with a gen2 (red acq board) WaveRunner Xi-A scope, the symptoms are:

It runs fine for quite some time (several hours), then abruptly "shuts down", and only the backlight of the LCD keeps flickering, about once every 1-2 seconds... no fans, no nothing.
I can then 'really' power it off (long pression on the power button), but it won't (re)start, excepted to have the backlight flickering again...
That goes on for a few hours (quite a long time), then it works again 'normally'.

I'll of course disassemble it, but given the difficulty (long delay) to reproduce the issue, I'm collecting any comments/ideas upfront...

I've already had bad PSU's in these LeCroy scope, but the failures I've seen had the PSU stop alltogether, as the backlight gets power from the (PC) motherboard (which is then 'dead'), I'm a bit sceptical that this might be a PSU-only issue...
Here, after the 'failure', I need to stop the PSU by a long push on the power button first.

Long story short, I'm not expecting miracles, just that if someone already encountered similar symptoms, his/her input could definitely be valuable before digging into this.

All suggestions/comments/ideas welcome !!

« Last Edit: February 16, 2024, 08:52:18 am by darkstar49 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf