Products > Test Equipment

LeCroy oscilloscope info

(1/4) > >>

vaualbus:
Hey guys what do you abot the LaCroy 9370L oscilloscope. It is good? How is the maximum to spent for a working unit?
For me it is a great machine.

free_electron:
uff da.... a few 100 $. no more. old clunker , no spare parts, no schematics , old picture tube often badly burnt-int ... 16Kpoints of memory , shared A/D ( turn on 2 channels and it falls to 500 Ms/s and 8k points..

nctnico:
Sure about that? Here it says 2Mpts per channel:
http://www.frankcollyer.com/samples/bigsamples/LeCroyBrochure.pdf
And it has peak-detect. All in all not a bad scope!

dr.diesel:

--- Quote from: vaualbus on March 28, 2013, 09:18:59 pm ---For me it is a great machine.

--- End quote ---

Sounds like your already in good shape, keep on keepin on!

grumpydoc:

--- Quote ---uff da.... a few 100 $. no more. old clunker , no spare parts, no schematics , old picture tube often badly burnt-int ... 16Kpoints of memory , shared A/D ( turn on 2 channels and it falls to 500 Ms/s and 8k points..
--- End quote ---

OK, no spare parts** - agree on that one, CRT display which can, indeed have burns but you'd be unlucky to get one so bad that it wasn't usable even if the screen burns are readily visible with the power off.

No schematics? Well the 9374 manual is on ko4bb and the 9370 is essentially the same 'scope but with two channels instead of 4.

16k points of memory? - no the 9370L is 2Mpoints per channel. Even the base model 9370 is 50k points.

Shared ADC? - well, you're right that it's either two channels at 500MS/s or one at 1GS/s but the ADCs are separate and then interleaved to give the higher sample rate (ok, ok , splitting hairs :) ) Oh, and 4M points with the two channels combined.

The 9370L is a perfectly good 'scope. I have a pair of 9354's and they work well. Not up to modern 'scopes I agree but for what I paid I'll stick with the LeCroy's for now.

Edit: ** Actually, not quite true - I just remembered I got a quote from LeCroy for a new front panel for one of mine. OK it was about 3x what I paid for the whole 'scope but I suspect they have other parts if your pockets are deep enough.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version