Products > Test Equipment

LeCroy WaveAce 2002

(1/5) > >>

senzafine34:
Hello,
what the experienced people think about the LeCroy WaveAce 2002  (70Mhz 2 Channel) in its price class?
Costs in my region around 1.140Eur

http://teledynelecroy.com/oscilloscope/oscilloscopemodel.aspx?modelid=6881

This looks a bit low?
* Memory Length 12 kpts/Ch
* Maximum Memory 24 kpts

i work with switching powersupplies and other mixed ACDC signals.
im also thinking about the lot cheaper Rigol DS2072 but im unsure if it can handle those often nasty signalmixtures.

thanks for help.

ddavidebor:
I love this black scopes, they're pretty

nctnico:
I'd go for a 4 channel scope. I never ever want a two channel scope.

JoeyP:
1140 Euro sounds  like quite a lot of money for a 70MHz bandwidth and 12K memory. I think you could put that kind of money to much better use buying a second-hand Agilent, or one of the chinese scopes if you have the stomach for it.

I personally wouldn't be at all concerned about getting more than 2 channels. Given a limited budget, I'd much prefer 2 higher performing channels than 4 lower performance channels, 2-3 of which will be dormant 90+% of the time. Virtually all of the times I've needed more than 2 channels it was because I was looking at digital signals, so I used a logic analyzer instead - much cheaper per channel.

Wuerstchenhund:

--- Quote from: senzafine34 on February 24, 2013, 10:45:17 pm ---what the experienced people think about the LeCroy WaveAce 2002  (70Mhz 2 Channel) in its price class?
Costs in my region around 1.140Eur
--- End quote ---

In my opinion there's very little reason to buy the WaveAce. . The WaveAce are relabelled Atten/Siglent scopes which as Siglents can be had for a lot less if you can live without a black case and the LeCroy label. These scopes also have quite a few nasty issues which may or may not get fixed in future firmware updates. Considering that LeCroy also buys the firmware from Siglent, I wouldn't hold my breath though.

I'd rather even go for the Rigol DS2000 any day before spending money on a WaveAce. Or better yet, buy a 'real' LeCroy (or one of their Iwatsu variants) on the 2nd hand market.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version