Author Topic: List your test equipment "scores" here!  (Read 775058 times)

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
Re: List your test equipment "scores" here!
« Reply #1025 on: December 09, 2016, 09:07:52 am »
They are on banggood.com as well.

I ordered a pair and will sweep them when they arrive.

Great  :-+, looks like they're identical to mine, looking forward to see the sweep result, and if you don't mind, please share it at a new thread.

Online Berni

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1026 on: December 09, 2016, 10:04:08 am »

Yeah, for something that heavy you'd definitely want to step up to butcher paper as packing material.   ;)   :P

What some people consider to be adequate packing simply boggles my mind sometimes.  The Electro Instruments DVM I got from the 'bay a while back springs to mind.  It basically had NO packing - the guy folded up and hot glued corrugated cardboard around it.  (Though I suppose it could be argued that he made a custom box for it...   :palm: )

-Pat

Have not had something packed quite that bad, hope it didn't get too beat up.

But looking at the other end of the spectrum i seen some amazing packing jobs. For example that SMU that just cost me a fortune in the stupid triax cables came packed in a huge box with the instapack foam bags all around it a good 15cm thick. Naturally the unit got here without a single scratch from shipping despite the box exterior looking like it got a good beating.

Having a look at the sellers ebay store can give you a hint about the packing to expect. If the store if full of large test gear and they have a reasonable ebay rating you can be sure they will pack it properly (They likely already learned the hard way the importance of packing heavy stuff). When the seller sells various little non technical nick nakcs expect your shiny new bit of gear to get a bit banged up. Something to keep in mind when buying a piece of gear in like new condition (Tho it sure was satisfying peeling the screen protection film off a Keithley 2015 DMM that i scored for cheep).

Offline neil t

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1027 on: December 09, 2016, 10:47:36 am »
Thanks for the info on the feed thru's  people. :-+

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1028 on: December 09, 2016, 03:01:07 pm »
Aliexpress, just search for "P7001 BNC" , currently only one shop sells this, at least from my search.
Thanks for the tip.  :-+

Offline rastro

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1029 on: December 09, 2016, 07:56:36 pm »
I just received two Fluke 27/FM DMM's for $30.00 ... Delivered!
They are both in very good shape.  Installed a 9V battery and tested them out.  Everything works, very accurate, safety fuses intact. 
The vendor even did great job insta-packing the 2 units. 

Should have a couple of low cost Keithley 197's coming from the same vendor - Hopefully more good news.

Offline svenk177

« Reply #1030 on: December 10, 2016, 02:20:23 pm »
Recently I acquired a HP 8616A signal generator for around 30€. It can be adjusted to frequencies between 1.8-4.5 GigaCycles (who uses Hz anyway?).
I retrofitted a IEC-C13 connector on the back, as I could not find a suitable cable for it. Probably I should also swap some of the electrolytic capacitors in it.

In the future I want to get more into RF stuff, so I will be looking for more gear like this  :-+

Offline Marc M.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1031 on: December 10, 2016, 03:43:01 pm »
I picked this up for $79.00 (+$150 freight, taxes, etc)  8).  It was a gamble because I could make out in the out of focus picture that it had a Defective tag on it.  Upon arrival, I was able to read the tag: 200A Switch Bad.  It was up for Cal the previous month which it failed presumably due to the bad 200A switch which wouldn't stay latched. Where in the world was I going to find a replacement ganged switch??? I desoldered the switch assy. and got a number off one of the switches.  Individually in stock at Digikey for $2-3 each.  Upon closer inspection, the shaft of each switch was symmetrical so I simply flipped the locking plate and spring the other way round, put it back together, and I now have a fully functioning 600V / 400A / 4Kw DC load  ;D.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 05:47:36 pm by Marc M. »
Don't replace the cap, just empty the filter!

Offline Falkra

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1032 on: December 10, 2016, 05:18:14 pm »
Excellent ! And very nice piece of equipment, well done !

Online Vgkid

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1033 on: December 10, 2016, 05:23:49 pm »
Show us the load bars on the backside.
If you own any North Hills Electronics gear, message me. L&N Fan

Offline Marc M.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1034 on: December 10, 2016, 05:50:53 pm »
Show us the load bars on the backside.
Ahhh, you like the backside do ya?  It won't disappoint if you like 'em big  ;)

Edit: Arrgghhh, I'm such an idiot |O.  I hate preview not showing the attached pics.  Got up and realized I stuck the wrong pic in there missing your arse shot.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 04:51:22 am by Marc M. »
Don't replace the cap, just empty the filter!

The following users thanked this post: Falkra

Offline karoru

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1035 on: December 15, 2016, 10:17:06 am »
Recently I acquired a HP 8616A signal generator for around 30€. It can be adjusted to frequencies between 1.8-4.5 GigaCycles (who uses Hz anyway?).
One calls them "kilomegacycles", not this new "giga" rubbish:))

Online Vgkid

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1036 on: December 22, 2016, 08:53:15 am »
L&N URS, 4393. Bet no one knows what it is/ owns one.

Offline VK5RC

• Supporter
« Reply #1037 on: December 22, 2016, 09:15:11 am »
Isn't it a precision set of resistor dividers, Leeds and Northrup Universal Ratio Set? Looks beautifully built.
One on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Leeds-and-Northrup-Universal-Ratio-Set-Cat-4393-w-Lid-/291774334846?hash=item43ef1b077e:g:cyYAAOSwagdXR1EA
What sort of accuracy do you get out of it?
Whoah! Watch where that landed we might need it later.

Offline Sbampato12

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1038 on: December 22, 2016, 12:00:25 pm »
I've found in scrap yard.
About US$ 30-40, as-is.

Arriving home, it was only two slow 0,7A fuse, and it works!

Need some cleaning now.

Offline vinicius.jlantunes

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1039 on: December 22, 2016, 05:42:18 pm »
Sbampato12 - I am always amazed that you manage to find anything at all in our country. I constantly monitor the usual websites for test equipment and all sorts of things hoping to ever find a bargain / reasonable deal, but am never lucky! The few I came across in the last few years (like a wavetek sig gen) I wasn't able to land. The only piece of test equipment I ever bought used in Brazil was an Agilent E3634A power supply - the seller was clueless though and didn't pack it right, so it got broken in-transit. No worries, I managed to buy a replacement front panel but after a few weeks of light usage it died. I am yet to succeed in my repair attempts.

Bottom line - if you ever come across something you don't want, ping your fellow country man here  ;D

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #1040 on: December 22, 2016, 07:11:24 pm »
I picked this up for $79.00 (+$150 freight, taxes, etc)  8).  It was a gamble because I could make out in the out of focus picture that it had a Defective tag on it.  Upon arrival, I was able to read the tag: 200A Switch Bad.  It was up for Cal the previous month which it failed presumably due to the bad 200A switch which wouldn't stay latched. Where in the world was I going to find a replacement ganged switch??? I desoldered the switch assy. and got a number off one of the switches.  Individually in stock at Digikey for $2-3 each.  Upon closer inspection, the shaft of each switch was symmetrical so I simply flipped the locking plate and spring the other way round, put it back together, and I now have a fully functioning 600V / 400A / 4Kw DC load  ;D.
I would have liked getting that deal because I really could use such a DC load for a project :'( I missed out on a couple of 6kW DC loads a couple of months ago.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Online Vgkid

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1041 on: December 22, 2016, 08:01:46 pm »
Isn't it a precision set of resistor dividers, Leeds and Northrup Universal Ratio Set? Looks beautifully built.
What sort of accuracy do you get out of it?
Accuracy as a decade resistor 0.01% +0.005. Which is interesting since it has a 0.001 ohm decade(2111.11 Ohms total) Those will be put to work in another project >:D.
As a urs 0.002 Ratio on the 100 setting. With a rather strange specs on the others. :-//

Offline VK5RC

• Supporter
« Reply #1042 on: December 23, 2016, 12:56:04 am »
@Vgkid, interesting gear, 0.01% :-+
Whoah! Watch where that landed we might need it later.

Offline lty1993

• Supporter
    • LTY's Space
« Reply #1043 on: December 23, 2016, 06:38:10 am »
Got this Hitachi V-1085 for $100.

Offline xwarpTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1044 on: December 24, 2016, 10:26:58 am »
Found a Simpson 260 series 6 at a local thrift for 4.95.

Leaking D cell ate on the positive terminal, but that will be an easy fix.

Nothing else was with the meter, although it still has Simpson's red warning tag hanging off the handle.

This makes 260 number 3 in the collection of Simpsons that I'll use once every other blue moon  :palm:

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1045 on: December 24, 2016, 10:43:20 am »

Nothing else was with the meter, although it still has Simpson's red warning tag hanging off the handle.

This makes 260 number 3 in the collection of Simpsons that I'll use once every other blue moon  :palm:
You can always send it my way.  :o  >:D

Seriously... If you've a 260-x series M (mirror) you're willing to part with, let me know.

Offline xwarpTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1046 on: December 24, 2016, 11:23:27 am »
No mirrored 260's yet. If I run across any, I'll let you know.

You can always send it my way.  :o  >:D

Seriously... If you've a 260-x series M (mirror) you're willing to part with, let me know.

Offline macboy

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1047 on: December 24, 2016, 07:47:11 pm »
Christmas came early for me. An elf dropped a package at my doorstep yesterday, containing a LeCroy WavePro 960 DSO. Four channels, 2 GHz, 16 GS/s, 16 MS memory. It has many options including Ethernet interface, PCCard slot, hard copy (built in printer), and various math/analysis features including WaveAnalyzer and WaveAnalyzer Pro for FFT, jitter analysis and more. It works perfectly, and the icing on the cake is that it was calibrated this past summer so it's still within traceable cal! I paid only $1200 USD plus shipping and taxes. Used LeCroy scopes are a tremendous value. Now I have something to use with my Tek P6158 3 GHz low-Z probes (which I scored for $5 each BTW). I'm way too busy today and tomorrow to really play with it, but I'm off for the next two weeks so I'll find time.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 03:10:29 pm by macboy »

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #1048 on: December 24, 2016, 08:08:19 pm »
Christmas came early for me. An elf dropped a package at my doorstep yesterday, containing a LeCroy WavePro 960 DSO. Four channels, 2 GHz, 16 GS/s, 16 MS memory. It has many options including Ethernet interface, PCCard slot, hard copy (built in printer), and various math/analysis features including FFT, jitter analysis and more. It works perfectly, and the icing on the cake is that it was calibrated this past summer so it's still within traceable cal! I paid only $1200 USD plus shipping and taxes. Used LeCroy scopes are a tremendous value. Now I have something to use with my Tek P6158 3 GHz low-Z probes (which I scored for $5 each BTW). I'm way too busy today and tomorrow to really play with it, but I'm off for the next two weeks so I'll find time.
That's cool.  :-+
No USB though.  :--  Are card slot to USB readers available ?
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline PA0PBZ

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1049 on: December 24, 2016, 08:22:51 pm »
Not sure if the software supports this, but:

Keyboard error: Press F1 to continue.

The following users thanked this post: tautech

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf