Author Topic: List your test equipment "scores" here!  (Read 775100 times)

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
Re: List your test equipment "scores" here!
« Reply #2150 on: November 29, 2018, 02:09:12 am »
Just scored a HP 5350B, it was going to be ewasted

Seen in attached photo with a 5315A I scored last year free, saved from ewaste

Excellent e-waste you've got there. Do keep rescuing all that test equipment goodness. :-+
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Offline wolfy007

• Regular Contributor
  • Back into electronics again, as a hobby this time.
« Reply #2151 on: November 29, 2018, 10:20:11 am »

NICE!!  Looks like a pristine unit - very clean.  I just wish I had a dumpster like that.  :-+

Excellent e-waste you've got there. Do keep rescuing all that test equipment goodness. :-+

Some renovations happening and old equipment found in cupboards, some was taken to be reused, some was slated for ewaste. I cant watch lightly used equipment go to waste so between a couple friends and myself, we rescue it. This doesnt happen all the time, but Ill keep intercepting it before its binned while it lasts.

PS: all it needed was a wipe down, really was lightly used.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 01:00:24 am by wolfy007 »

Offline shakalnokturn

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2152 on: November 29, 2018, 12:41:29 pm »
Look what just turned up...
Another bloody DMM, as if I needed this! >:D

Offline rastro

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2153 on: November 29, 2018, 06:31:37 pm »
Look what just turned up...
Another bloody DMM, as if I needed this! >:D

This looks like a re-badged fluke 87 EX.  Maybe a 87(II)EX ... I could only find a picture of an 87V EX for comparison.  Looks like the 87(II) standard also had the yellow back light button and no marking for high resolution(4-1/2);  Maybe a different model as the there are some variation in the LCD layout.  If you don't look directly at the vendor/model you would mistake it for a fluke 87.

rastro

« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 06:50:05 pm by rastro »

Offline gnavigator1007

• Supporter
« Reply #2154 on: November 29, 2018, 08:00:38 pm »
This looks like a re-badged fluke 87 EX.  Maybe a 87(II)EX ... I could only find a picture of an 87V EX for comparison.  Looks like the 87(II) standard also had the yellow back light button and no marking for high resolution(4-1/2);  Maybe a different model as the there are some variation in the LCD layout.  If you don't look directly at the vendor/model you would mistake it for a fluke 87.

rastro

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/ecom-ex-dm-1000-a-rebranded-fluke-87-iii-ex/

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2155 on: November 29, 2018, 09:34:58 pm »

I owned one of those a decade ago, didn't keep it long though.
6 bit ADC's I could just about live with but the UI was just too much to handle.

I have been known to have an appreciation for the odd.  The UI is nothing else if odd and it simply tickles my funny bone.  I would love to know what the HP engineers were thinking smoking when they came with that.
Well, that would explain it. But then I want to know under which influence the designers of the Createc Signalcomputer series aka Tek T201/T202 have been standing. Nothing I would endorse, so much is certain. And that is a feat.

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #2156 on: December 02, 2018, 01:20:51 am »
I really don't know why I brought this or if it is even a score but well TEA and it has been 6 months since I brought ANY test gear of any sort :-DD

Advantest R6871E-DC 6.5 digit (displays up to 7 1/2) DC V A and Resistance only Multimeter. Does some fancy storage and integration and has at lower voltages a 10^10 ohm input impedance. Currently set to run on 100V and I haven't found anything online to know if that is changeable internally or not so I may need to break out the variac.

So a fun plaything while the 3458 budget grows to where it needs to be (Unless TiN keeps buying them all). $300 AUD so about $210 USD ETA late next week.

Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline PTR_1275

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2157 on: December 02, 2018, 03:22:42 am »
Nice, I saw that but decided against it.

The seller is a member of the forum too, different username to his eBay name though. Haven’t seen him around for a while, so might not be active anymore.

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2158 on: December 02, 2018, 03:32:40 am »
I brought a 6632b from him earlier in the year which was in excellent/mint condition. Chances are I will have a play with it test is against my gear and move it on when I get the $ for 8 1/2 digits.

If anyone else is interested this is the seller https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/silvia99gt?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2754
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 03:47:17 am by beanflying »
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Online Berni

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2159 on: December 02, 2018, 10:35:17 am »
I really don't know why I brought this or if it is even a score but well TEA and it has been 6 months since I brought ANY test gear of any sort :-DD

Advantest R6871E-DC 6.5 digit (displays up to 7 1/2) DC V A and Resistance only Multimeter. Does some fancy storage and integration and has at lower voltages a 10^10 ohm input impedance. Currently set to run on 100V and I haven't found anything online to know if that is changeable internally or not so I may need to break out the variac.

So a fun plaything while the 3458 budget grows to where it needs to be (Unless TiN keeps buying them all). $300 AUD so about $210 USD ETA late next week.

I'm sure the price of HP 3458 should drop once Keysight finally gets around to making a successor to it and people start switching to those instead. That is if TiN dosn't end up also buying all of those too that end up for sale...

Fingers crossed

The following users thanked this post: beanflying

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2160 on: December 02, 2018, 10:46:16 am »

I'm sure the price of HP 3458 should drop once Keysight finally gets around to making a successor to it and people start switching to those instead. That is if TiN dosn't end up also buying all of those too that end up for sale...

Fingers crossed

Will be interesting to see if a 'significant' improvement can be made to call it a new model over say just a major overhaul and modernisation of the interface and such.

Hopefully TiN will be out of space before then  >:D

Offline LapTop006

• Supporter
« Reply #2161 on: December 03, 2018, 02:24:32 pm »

Fingers crossed

Will be interesting to see if a 'significant' improvement can be made to call it a new model over say just a major overhaul and modernisation of the interface and such.

Hopefully TiN will be out of space before then  >:D

I'm honestly surprised they haven't at least made a B version replacing the UI etc. with that from their current devices.

Offline mtdoc

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2162 on: December 03, 2018, 06:21:47 pm »
I'm not sure if it qualifies as a "score" but I just purchased 2  HP 6268B 40V 30A power supplies.  Both in "used" condition.  One for $210 shipped and another for $334 shipped.

Will be using these primarily to do some large capacity battery charging and testing.

At 76 lbs (34.4 kg) each. They definitely could be used as boat anchors.

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2163 on: December 03, 2018, 10:43:24 pm »
I was lucky again with TM500 gear: caught a DC503 timer/counter with Opt.1 (OCXO) for 40.-!
Listed as completely working (tested and aligned).
That is especially nice, as the defective one that did go before it yielded about the same!

Also, 5.5m of Keithley triaxial cable (without connectors) for 15.- and an older Neuberger catalogue for 1.-, which might help my research into the PKD4 modules and provide some info on the variants of the Unavo multimeter series.
And a pack of semiconductor spares, which are supposedly for HP gear. Even if they aren't, VN10KM FETs and Plessey matched pairs sound interesting and the remainder will be spares for whatever.
So, could be worse! 8)

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2164 on: December 03, 2018, 11:12:07 pm »
I'm not sure if it qualifies as a "score" but I just purchased 2  HP 6268B 40V 30A power supplies.  Both in "used" condition.  One for $210 shipped and another for $334 shipped.

Will be using these primarily to do some large capacity battery charging and testing.

At 76 lbs (34.4 kg) each. They definitely could be used as boat anchors.

Anchors or even ships ballast  :D There is times I wished my Manson 15V/60A had a few more volts as adding a 12V AGM to boost the voltage is a bit of a bodge.

I'm honestly surprised they haven't at least made a B version replacing the UI etc. with that from their current devices.

Thinking about it some more the A in traditional looks, mystique, heritage etc combined with see Humans our company got it 'perfect' X years ago and our bs bs spin newer designs, equipment are built to the same insert more spin  bs bs .....

Offline LapTop006

• Supporter
« Reply #2165 on: December 04, 2018, 12:02:27 am »

Thinking about it some more the A in traditional looks, mystique, heritage etc combined with see Humans our company got it 'perfect' X years ago and our bs bs spin newer designs, equipment are built to the same insert more spin  bs bs .....

I think that's reasonable enough, until this latest generation of bench multimeters which truly do have new, extremely useful capabilities.

Offline PaulAm

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2166 on: December 04, 2018, 03:12:26 pm »
The cost of shipping is really killing me on getting more equipment  :-DD

I picked up a late model Tek 2465b for US $100  (+$50 sh) that was inoperative.  Seller said the HV was bad despite replacing the HV board but he included the old board.  Initial problem was the grid bias needed adjustment to get a display.  Now I think the Z hybrid is bad (NOS $150 + 40 SH from Canada, OUCH) and of course the SRAM and cap issues.  But it only has 8800 hours on it, the caps haven't started leaking yet and it had the cover and pouch.  Everyone loves these so I'm looking forward to putting it on my bench.

In view of that, I also picked up a TM503 with a TG501 and separately a PG506 to be able to callibrate it when I lose the callibration info in the SRAM   :palm:.  An SG504 would be nice, but I already have a couple SG503s

Not a test instrument, but to kind of offset that, I picked up an HP CP3525 duplex color laser printer for $25.  I can use it to print out the service manual.

Offline PTR_1275

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2167 on: December 04, 2018, 03:35:34 pm »
Picked up 2 Keysight U1282B meters, brand new in boxes with factory cal certificates (that match the keysight website search) for AU$270 each after shipping, fees, currency conversion etc... to Australia.

A friend pointed them out to me and said the price has been dropping every few weeks, I said I’ll make an offer for both if you want one.

They arrived today and they are as described. Boxes look like they’ve been opened once (to take the photos on the listing)

Pretty happy with that

Online Berni

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2168 on: December 04, 2018, 04:18:05 pm »
Its also possible they have been part of the "recall" of the U127x meters that had common mode issues on the amps range. Instead of doing the classical recall they just instead gave you a meter that doesn't have the issue. This sort of support is the reason why you pay a premium for Keysight gear versus say Rigol.

I still haven't found the perfect handheld meter yet but im pretty happy with Keysights ones so far. Calibration on all of them is still spot on to the last digit after years.

Offline BillB

• Supporter
« Reply #2169 on: December 05, 2018, 01:48:58 am »
Picked up a new power supply for half-price because people don't seem to understand how voltage input selection switches work.  I saw the auction picture and knew this was going to be a score!   :-DD

The following users thanked this post: rsjsouza, Dwaine, salvagedcircuitry

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #2170 on: December 05, 2018, 01:57:41 am »
Picked up a new power supply for half-price because people don't seem to understand how voltage input selection switches work.  I saw the auction picture and knew this was going to be a score!   :-DD
:-DD   :-+
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline Hydron

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2171 on: December 05, 2018, 09:46:00 am »
This mistake doesn't normally end as well in 230V land!

Offline bsudbrink

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2172 on: December 05, 2018, 04:16:18 pm »
Good eye!

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #2173 on: December 05, 2018, 06:08:45 pm »
This mistake doesn't normally end as well in 230V land!
All the Siglents that use a linear supply are set to 230 ex factory (Shenzhen is 230VAC) and are shipped with a warning tape over the IEC socket so to warn the user to set the correct voltage.
Like Bill says, someone couldn't read.....and that's a real worry in electronics !  :scared:
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Online Ice-Tea

• Super Contributor
    • Freelance Hardware Engineer
« Reply #2174 on: December 05, 2018, 06:42:15 pm »
Recently blew up an R&S SMHU because I didn't check the selector.

Tally thus far: 2 glass fuses, one SMD fuse, one 7812, one 2n2222A, one UC2840, one 10V TVS.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf