Author Topic: List your test equipment "scores" here!  (Read 775058 times)

Online Ice-Tea

• Super Contributor
    • Freelance Hardware Engineer
Re: List your test equipment "scores" here!
« Reply #2475 on: June 11, 2019, 10:00:27 am »
I'll also prod the boss at work about getting a probe/amp set from you if there are any left (we desperately need a good current probe); unfortunately there is a lot of bureaucracy involved but if I get any interest I'll send a PM.

Thanks. If you have Agilent scopes: have some 1147A's as well (a bit cheaper too). Also have a P6022A that does 120MHz (AC only) that is good deal cheaper but is in a somewhat worse cosmetic shape.

Edit: the "new for 5x the price" number was pulled out of the air, but I've checked and it's almost exactly right based on a TCPA300 and TCP312 from the usual rip-off merchants (RS/Farnell).

Yeah, you can probably get them a bit cheaper if you negotiate or are listed in the  Fortune 500 list ;)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 10:05:03 am by Ice-Tea »

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2476 on: June 11, 2019, 08:30:33 pm »
So, uh....

EDIT: Rotation whu???  :o
Nice haul. Any Info on the other Probes? (Hint: TekProbe II user).

Online Ice-Tea

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2477 on: June 12, 2019, 07:12:20 am »
Aside from the stuf already mentioned: some P7240's, 2 x N2771 HV probes, 5 P5100's, a few TCA-BNC's, something-like-the PCA-BNC-but-with-more-plastic-of-which-I-cant-remeber-the-name

Online Ice-Tea

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2478 on: June 12, 2019, 08:23:45 am »
Oh, and a few TCA-1Megs

Offline Falkra

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2479 on: June 12, 2019, 09:32:11 am »
Ice-Tea, those power supplies are really sexy, nice catch !  :-+

The following users thanked this post: Ice-Tea

Online shakalnokturn

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2480 on: June 13, 2019, 05:34:48 am »
BK Precision 2712 40000 count DMM for 30€ delivered (still 1 available on eB.. France).
PCB photo added there:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/reviews/bk-precision-2712-dmm/msg2466324/#msg2466324
Michel.

The other one is on the way here, I saw your photos after buying it. From what I see there's nothing in the box that's worth more than 30€ shipped.

Online Ice-Tea

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2481 on: June 14, 2019, 12:42:06 pm »
19"Power (about 13kW of it..)

Just OT, but do you happen to know where to get cheap units of those things in USA (if you happened to acquired them from the US) or do you sell extras to US?

Our lab is in great need of them on a budget.

Looking for something like 100V+ output, preferably to 1kV, 1kW~10kW each, 3P208V or 1P240V/277V input. A pair of your 600V 2.6A units (presumably series connect capable) look delicious.

These are not from the US, sorry. But I don't mind at all selling to the US at and and have done so often enough in the past.

As for series connectability: 2 can be put in series according to the datasheet but also according to the DS:

- For models greater than 60 VDC rated output, no point on the Positive output shall be more than ± 600 VDC above or below chassis ground.
– For models greater than 60 VDC rated output, no point on the Negative output shall be more than ± 400 VDC above or below chassis ground.

The following users thanked this post: blueskull

Offline ArthurDent

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2482 on: June 16, 2019, 03:14:38 am »
Fedex just delivered this GW INSTEK PSM-2010 power supply that was listed as-is for parts because the fan speed seemed to wander and they weren’t sure what else might be seriously wrong. New these go for about $1000 but can be quite a bit less used. This dual range model outputs 8VDC/20A or 20VDC/10A and has similar features to the HP e3632A but is newer. The manual lists one of the features as: “Intelligent control fan (Vary with different output power)” so what they thought was a fault, was a feature.

The front panel and display look like new and I re-calibrated it so it is within about 1mv and I paid well under $100 for it.

The following users thanked this post: tooki

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #2483 on: June 16, 2019, 05:26:18 am »
Ah, so you got that one. Nice score, indeed!
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Online Vgkid

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2484 on: June 16, 2019, 09:36:15 pm »
Not sure if it is a score , as shipping was 50% of the unit costs(went 3/4 buy it now)
a sad looking hp239a , my first useable(or easy to fix) oscillator.
If you own any North Hills Electronics gear, message me. L&N Fan

Offline CJay

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2485 on: June 17, 2019, 08:51:54 am »
Racal Dana 1998 Universal Counter, this one has the 04E option installed, the high-stability ocxo. It's not been calibrated in a while but I will use a friends gpsdo to adjust it.

Gesendet von meinem Nokia 6.1 mit Tapatalk

Mine hadn't been calibrated for well over a decade, when they say high stability, they mean it, it was millihertz off :)

Offline Ysjoelfir

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2486 on: June 18, 2019, 08:36:36 am »
Just scored a small Nicolet Scientific Corporation 444A "Mini-Ubiquitous Real-Time Spectrum Analyzer" for 35 Bucks. Doesn't switch on, so I hope for an easy repair.
Greetings, Kai \ Ysjoelfir

Online Berni

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2487 on: June 18, 2019, 09:01:06 am »
Funny how we now use the term "Real time spectrum analyzer" for todays expensive fancy spectrum analyzers that do FFT on the IF for providing crazy fast sweep speeds.

The following users thanked this post: Ysjoelfir

Offline exe

• Supporter
  • self-educated hobbyist
« Reply #2488 on: June 18, 2019, 05:22:01 pm »
Just scored a small Nicolet Scientific Corporation 444A "Mini-Ubiquitous Real-Time Spectrum Analyzer" for 35 Bucks. Doesn't switch on, so I hope for an easy repair.

Please post a photo when the device is on (if/when you fix it, you can use Russian flux :)). I'm curious to see what it can do.

The following users thanked this post: Ysjoelfir

Offline Ysjoelfir

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2489 on: June 19, 2019, 08:18:29 am »
I may post a repair log for that thing :) Right now I am waiting for it to arrive.

Offline thinkfat

• Supporter
  • This is just a hobby I spend too much time on.
    • Matthias' Hackerstübchen
« Reply #2490 on: June 20, 2019, 11:52:51 am »
Racal Dana 1998 Universal Counter, this one has the 04E option installed, the high-stability ocxo. It's not been calibrated in a while but I will use a friends gpsdo to adjust it.

Mine hadn't been calibrated for well over a decade, when they say high stability, they mean it, it was millihertz off :)
I introduced "Dana" to Lady Heather and the girls were quite in tune. Just a smidgen under on the last digit [emoji6] Only took Dana an hour or so to warm up to her new acquaintance.

Everybody likes gadgets. Until they try to make them.

Offline CJay

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2491 on: June 20, 2019, 02:19:22 pm »

I introduced "Dana" to Lady Heather and the girls were quite in tune. Just a smidgen under on the last digit [emoji6] Only took Dana an hour or so to warm up to her new acquaintance.

Yeah, I like mine, good, solid counters.

One thing it took me a little while to find, press and hold the up arrow key and it'll select the 20S gate time for the extra accuracy if that's something you need.

The following users thanked this post: thinkfat

Offline thinkfat

• Supporter
  • This is just a hobby I spend too much time on.
    • Matthias' Hackerstübchen
« Reply #2492 on: June 20, 2019, 02:29:44 pm »

Yeah, I like mine, good, solid counters.

One thing it took me a little while to find, press and hold the up arrow key and it'll select the 20S gate time for the extra accuracy if that's something you need.

Ah, that is a good hint. I was already wondering how that would work. Thanks a ton!

Everybody likes gadgets. Until they try to make them.

The following users thanked this post: CJay

Offline Ysjoelfir

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2493 on: June 28, 2019, 08:31:14 am »
Please post a photo when the device is on (if/when you fix it, you can use Russian flux :)). I'm curious to see what it can do.

I may post a repair log for that thing :) Right now I am waiting for it to arrive.

Yesterday it arrived "safely" (was thrown over the fence by DPD and dug itself 15cm deep into the ground. Idiots!). Initial very short test (it's just to hot in the lab to do any real work) showed the fans working and the High voltage for the CRT being generated, but no sign of life other than that. Not even the Power LED turned on. I am strongly thinking it may be just a power supply issue. Wish me luck :)

And by the way: The russian flux is great, I especially like the honey-like orange one.

The following users thanked this post: exe

Offline exe

• Supporter
  • self-educated hobbyist
« Reply #2494 on: June 29, 2019, 09:05:54 pm »
And by the way: The russian flux is great, I especially like the honey-like orange one.

Ask-155-vc, the one that is water-soluble?? It's pure evil, must be thoroughly cleaned or it will destroy the board, wires, everything.

Offline Ysjoelfir

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2495 on: June 29, 2019, 11:49:38 pm »

Ask-155-vc, the one that is water-soluble?? It's pure evil, must be thoroughly cleaned or it will destroy the board, wires, everything.

No, I was talking about FN-255 PRO. I have no idea about the specs though, it just works for me and cleaning is always done afterwards.

Offline exe

• Supporter
  • self-educated hobbyist
« Reply #2496 on: June 30, 2019, 08:58:09 pm »
No, I was talking about FN-255 PRO. I have no idea about the specs though, it just works for me and cleaning is always done afterwards.

Cool, that one has the highest resistance, approved (by the manufacturer, no independent tests) for precision and high-voltage circuits. It's also the least active (=worst soldering), actually. E-700 Pro solders better. I mostly use fn-255 pro as it's sort of safe in all situations.

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #2497 on: July 01, 2019, 01:43:36 am »
Not really a score, but I did pick up a KKMOON 60 MHz function generator for $85 shipped from China.  That was cheap enough for me to try one.  Now I sit, thinking to myself, 'One must have patience, Grasshopper.'
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Offline GregDunn

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2498 on: July 01, 2019, 02:03:11 am »
Is that the FY6800 based one?  I really like mine - it does enough things that my IG5218 and Wavetek don't, to find periodic use.

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #2499 on: July 01, 2019, 05:16:11 pm »
Is that the FY6800 based one?  I really like mine - it does enough things that my IG5218 and Wavetek don't, to find periodic use.

It is. I am looking forward to playing with it.
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf