Author Topic: List your test equipment "scores" here!  (Read 777087 times)

veedub565 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline shakalnokturn

• Super Contributor
Re: List your test equipment "scores" here!
« Reply #2425 on: April 23, 2019, 12:22:27 pm »
Americanized Wun Hung Lo.... :bullshit:

The following users thanked this post: salvagedcircuitry

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2426 on: April 23, 2019, 09:49:37 pm »
Americanized Wun Hung Lo.... :bullshit:
Should they ever go bust, they can reform under the name 'Wun Hung Hai'.

The following users thanked this post: Ysjoelfir

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #2427 on: April 24, 2019, 03:09:02 am »
Trumpower?

Obviously way overrated for their performance.  :-DD
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

The following users thanked this post: Ysjoelfir

Offline mikron

• Contributor
« Reply #2428 on: April 24, 2019, 05:05:56 am »
Adequate labelling on a part that is known for bloating and releasing an aggressive smear while heating up and losing its capacity...

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #2429 on: April 24, 2019, 05:22:23 am »
Do the Caps release Orange smoke when placed under pressure and vent?
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline mikron

• Contributor
« Reply #2430 on: April 24, 2019, 07:09:30 am »
Trumpower?

Obviously way overrated for their performance.  :-DD

If that unit does not perform up to spec and the parts surrounding the big guy overheat and need to be replaced all the time, it may be due to bad design. Better replace it before it causes too much trouble. Good alternatives are readily available.
Whatever you do: Don't forget to discharge that fat "Trumpower" component before you touch it. Otherwise it might kill you.

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2431 on: April 24, 2019, 11:57:25 pm »
Cannot keep those multimeters from multiplying!
Aquired a Gossen Mavo30 for a shabby 25.50€. If it works, it will be submitted for calibration with the next batch of company gear. ;D
I will then tell more about it under the 'show your multimeter' thread.

Offline shakalnokturn

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2432 on: April 25, 2019, 08:28:38 am »
Aquired a Gossen Mavo30 for a shabby 25.50€. If it works, it will be submitted for calibration with the next batch of company gear. ;D

Nice! Correct me if I'm wrong but I think there are at least 2 rebrands of this model, one being Siemens, the other I have lost for now.
Who actually designed these?

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2433 on: April 25, 2019, 09:58:53 pm »

Nice! Correct me if I'm wrong but I think there are at least 2 rebrands of this model, one being Siemens, the other I have lost for now.
Who actually designed these?
The third brand is Norma from Vienna/Austria. There it was called Normameter MP13, while it 's lesser siblings were the MP11/MP12 and the top model MP14. At Siemens, it was the B1022 (and 1020/1021/1024). At least I think now that the Mavo30 equates to the MP13. I'm really after the B1024 due to a unique feature. But I am not sure yet.
Should that be the case, I have already a taker.
Who actually designed those is a bit puzzling.
The earlier line of Siemens handheld digital multimeters also had their Norma equivalents. The Norma which is equivalent to the B1010 (with phase rotation, min/max, type K temperature and 30A) is called D1218. I wrote about it in the 'show your multimeter' thread. Interestingly, there is NO Norma version of the ingenious analogue Multizet A1000 (same post). Also, the earlier class 1 Siemens instruments (Multizet S, T, etc) are not found in Norma guise. The earlier Siemens VMG3eff is the Norma digEff. It is a RMS capable multimeter (among the very first) looking like a miniature desk multimeter. The battery pack is exchangeable for a mains power module.
The Siemens VMG1 analogue mm is the equivalent to the 'Normatest' (queer simple/passive meter oriented sideways, but with an interesting lock for the instrument).
Same holds true for the Siemens desk multimeters up to the 5.5digit, IEC bus model with VF display.
Now it gets even more strange: where high quality analogue instruments are concerned, Norma obviously cooperated with Metrawatt. There are Norma versions of the large Unigor instrument, but here a Unigor 3N is a Unigor 3N.  There has to be a connection with Goerz (of Goerz Metrawatt) also being in Vienna.
Now to make it completely unresolvable, earlier on there were instruments which appear both under the Goerz brand and under Hartmann&Braun designations. Later H&B instruments are not seen under any other name.
 :scared:  :-//
So, I can't tell you but I am interested very much myself in the question who of the geman speaking area multimeter brands/manufacturers was in bed with whom at which time.

Offline MadTux

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2434 on: April 26, 2019, 03:52:01 pm »
Which one are you talking about? Among the other plugins I'm going to be getting is another 7A26 dual trace amplifier. The 7A19 is a 600 MHz 50 ohm amplifier designed for reaching the rated bandwidth of the 7904A (500 MHz).
I was referring to the 7A13 differential comparator plugin.
New LED display version of 7A13 is one of the best general purpose plugins for 7000 scopes. Has often dodgy relays inside that are difficult to replace, however.
 It's like a 4digit DVM coupled with scope display, if one side of the differential amplifier is fed from internal voltage source with LED display. Great for checking power rails.
Or it can be used as a differential amplifier with both probes connected to DUT. Great to measure things like current or some signal with large voltage offset.

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2435 on: April 26, 2019, 09:06:04 pm »
Which one are you talking about? Among the other plugins I'm going to be getting is another 7A26 dual trace amplifier. The 7A19 is a 600 MHz 50 ohm amplifier designed for reaching the rated bandwidth of the 7904A (500 MHz).
I was referring to the 7A13 differential comparator plugin.
New LED display version of 7A13 is one of the best general purpose plugins for 7000 scopes. Has often dodgy relays inside that are difficult to replace, however.
 It's like a 4digit DVM coupled with scope display, if one side of the differential amplifier is fed from internal voltage source with LED display. Great for checking power rails.
Or it can be used as a differential amplifier with both probes connected to DUT. Great to measure things like current or some signal with large voltage offset.
It's clear to me now. I was mentally led astray by the designation as a comparator. So I expected it to act like a variable threshold input, the output of which would be a digital signal on the scope. Then I wondered why someone would want that.

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #2436 on: April 27, 2019, 09:33:39 am »
This has already been posted in the TEA thread but I guess I'll toss it in here too because it is a true "score"

Tek 7904 with 7A24, 7A26, and 2 - 7B80. All for $100 USD. Caveat is that the 7904 doesn't power up but it's the famous "tick-tick" of the switch mode supply trying to come up. Should be an easy fix.

An old gray beard with an attitude.

The following users thanked this post: bitseeker, kj7e, beanflying

Offline rastro

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2437 on: April 27, 2019, 02:14:46 pm »
This has already been posted in the TEA thread but I guess I'll toss it in here too because it is a true "score"

That is an extremely clean looking unit - must have been kept in a lab environment and well cared for. 
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 02:16:53 pm by rastro »

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2438 on: April 27, 2019, 03:24:37 pm »
On the first look this does not seem to be TE related, but I did make a cheap catch at 20€ for this assortment of crimp contacts for various Mil connectors. Most are 26482 and 38999 luckily, where I'm fully equipped with tooling.

TE related it is, because a lot of them will go into the production of adaptors, so that I do not have to sell someones organs because POMONA.

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2439 on: April 27, 2019, 08:47:16 pm »
And Shakalnokturn did just prove that I was wrong. The one I'm after is not the B1024, but the B1023.
So we have the following Designations:
1st Series
B1020 (no buttons - no additional functions, no RMS) Gossen: ????, Norma: ????
B1021 (8 buttons - Hold, MinMax, manual range, RMS?) Gossen: MAVO20, Norma: MP12
B1022 (15 buttons - as above, +dB, Limits, frequency and type K temp., RMS) Gossen: MAVO30, Norma: MP13
B1023 (15 buttons - as above, + time recording, RMS) Gossen: ????, Norma: MP14

The B1022 and the B1023 are distinguishable by the second pushbutton from the right in the lowest row, which is only +/- on the 1022 and has a shift function 'Time' on the B1023) And 'Time' does not mean merely elapsed time, but you can set a RTC and any min/max event or limit violation will be recorded with the time of occurrence.
THAT is the function I'm after. And now we know that I don't get it with the MAVO30. :( :(

then came a second series in the same form factor:
B1024, which has 4 pushbuttons and no current range, but a special range for current clamps with voltage output. It could also do temperature by PT100 and AC voltage with 1kOhm/V.
B1025, which has 6 pushbuttons, normal current ranges and all of the above plus min/max, and a range for current clamps with current output.
B1026, with 7 pushbuttons, RMS, all of the above + frequency, capacitance and a backlight.
B1027, which I do not know
B1028, with 11 pushbuttons, TRMS, all of the above, plus relative, limits and a zoom function for the bargraph.

I do not know, whether there were Norma/Gossen equivalents to those later ones. There is a Norma DMM950 with the same form factor, which has 12 PB. Here is some additional info:
https://sigrok.org/wiki/Norma_DM950
but that can't be totally correct regarding the equivalencies.
Remarks:
The first series was listed in the Siemens catalogue of 1987, together with the new analogue/digital hybrid B1012.
The Gossen models were all BEFORE Gossen did go together with Metrawatt.
The later series is often seen with a rubber protector, the earlier ones not.

The following users thanked this post: shakalnokturn

Offline TERRA Operative

• Super Contributor
  • Voider of warranties
    • Near Far Media Youtube
« Reply #2440 on: April 28, 2019, 01:53:12 pm »
Just nabbed two more boat anchors from Yahoo Auctions.

A HP 4140B pA Meter/DC Voltage Source just because it looked interesting, and a HP 3325A with options 001 (Ovenised Oscillator) and 002 (High Voltage output).

(Photos from the auction listings)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 01:54:59 pm by TERRA Operative »
Where does all this test equipment keep coming from?!?

https://www.youtube.com/NearFarMedia/

The following users thanked this post: salvagedcircuitry

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2441 on: April 28, 2019, 08:11:05 pm »
And the catch of the day is this Swiss-made E12 resistor sustitution box (not a 'decade' in the proper sense, but going to be useful anyway.) Especially as they claim it to be 2W and 0.5%.
Sadly, I missed out on a Tektronix differential preamp.

Offline 0culus

• Super Contributor
  • Electronics, RF, and TEA Hobbyist
« Reply #2442 on: April 29, 2019, 01:33:19 am »
After a bit of a kerfluffle with FedEx delivering it to the wrong house, a very nice HP 1727A storage oscilloscope. Had a chance to exercise it and everything appears to be in excellent working order. In the pouch is the print operating and service manual and user's guide too!

Offline 0culus

• Super Contributor
  • Electronics, RF, and TEA Hobbyist
« Reply #2443 on: May 03, 2019, 04:26:09 am »
Two consecutive TEA posts  :-DD

53310 Modulation Domain Analyzer purchased from kj7e:-+

The following users thanked this post: kj7e

Offline HighVoltage

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2444 on: May 03, 2019, 10:06:19 am »
And the catch of the day is this Swiss-made E12 resistor sustitution box (not a 'decade' in the proper sense, but going to be useful anyway.) Especially as they claim it to be 2W and 0.5%.
Sadly, I missed out on a Tektronix differential preamp.
I saw that one on ebay and forgot to bid!
You got lucky with a good price for a good item, it seems
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not.

The following users thanked this post: Neomys Sapiens

Offline FuzzyOnion

• Contributor
« Reply #2445 on: May 03, 2019, 02:17:03 pm »
I found a nice HP 438A power meter - refurbished and calibrated for US $115.  Now, if I could find a similar deal for those 84XX power sensors.

Offline xwarpTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2446 on: May 03, 2019, 10:42:13 pm »
I found a nice HP 438A power meter - refurbished and calibrated for US $115.  Now, if I could find a similar deal for those 84XX power sensors.

No kidding!

Offline syau

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2447 on: May 04, 2019, 04:56:52 am »
Two consecutive TEA posts  :-DD

53310 Modulation Domain Analyzer purchased from kj7e:-+

Got infected by kj7e  :palm:
Will do a re-cap later, thanks kj7e for the cap listing  :-+
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 01:33:34 pm by syau »

The following users thanked this post: kj7e

Offline xwarpTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2448 on: May 04, 2019, 02:41:44 pm »
Picked up an 8558b spec/an for $80 bucks. The fingers on the switches need repair, but otherwise a very clean unit. Don't hold your breath for immediate repair postings, this one is going on the "to do" shelf for a while.

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
Fluke 80K-40 HV 40kV Probe
« Reply #2449 on: May 05, 2019, 07:50:16 am »
Probably NOS but not boxed, stored unused for years, a pristine condition Fluke High Voltage Probe (40kV) 80K-40.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf