Author Topic: List your test equipment "scores" here!  (Read 775058 times)

Offline joeqsmith

• Super Contributor
Re: List your test equipment "scores" here!
« Reply #175 on: March 29, 2015, 03:16:16 pm »
my warm 8 Channels  :)  less then 150€ + Restoration

Imagine trying to solve a digital problem on the ENIAC with this thing.   

Offline miguelvp

• Super Contributor
« Reply #176 on: March 29, 2015, 10:44:46 pm »
I got two old analog scopes for just $50 for both.
They've seen better days:

The top one is a Tek 7613 with 2 80 MHz amplifiers and a 100 MHz dual time base. One of the amplifiers has a broken voltage divider knob but luckily the broken off cal knob is in the cal position, so I won't be able to exit the cal value on that channel to make it fit on the screen but that's ok.

The bottom one is a Tek 5110 with two 2MHz amplifiers without a time base.

The only thing I've done so far is clean the screen and trim the gain and sweep on the 7613

Here is a picture of a 26MHz clock (OCXO) 5 Vpp using a x10 probe (so 1 V per division) at the maximum x1 time divider (50ns per division) if you notice I get 13 full cycles in 500 ns.

Here is the same signal but using the x10 magnification in the time base module, so it's 5ns per division.
A 26MHz clock has a period of ~38.46154 ns divided by 5ns that will give me ~7.7 divisions.

Goes to show you that back then you had to do the math to figure out the frequencies and you only could use the grid, DSOs are so much easier.

This one has storage and persistence but I rather don't use it, it's a pain.

My plan is to clean them up, maybe pickup some modules (for example 100MHz amplifiers)  for them and donate them to a local hackerspace.

The 7613 has a sawtooth generator in the back, that is controlled by the time division knob up to 560 KHz at the 50ns setting down to 18.73mHz at the 5s setting (takes over 50 seconds to do one period) and I can trim it to any frequency using the cal knob.

This probably can used that to make a curve tracer using a different scope or maybe even the same one. Will have to revise alan's video (W2AEW) if I could use the timebase that affects the frequency of the sawtooth.

The crud on the screen was hard to dissolve (I used water and a bit of soap followed by my fingernail so I won't scratch anything), Also I'm not sure why both of them had some tape residue in the screen, it felt like hard glue, but believe it or not, it was harder to remove the splatter of who knows what.

Not sure what to use to clean the splatter on the rest of the scope without affecting the legends. Also not sure what to use to clean the BNCs they are crusty beyond believe.

The 2MHz scope is a 5000 series, not sure if I can get better plugins for it, but one of the knobs in one of the amplifiers broke, but it can take up to 60 volts AC or DC, I need a horizontal base for it or just use it to draw vector graphics :)

The 5110 calibration hook is 400 mV 4 mA 2x mains frequency (120Hz) :)

Not really a score since they are old and I already have a 7603 but has a bad dual trace amplifier.

Other than the sawtooth thing they are not that great compared to my Rigol DS2072, but for the price I couldn't pass it up and will try to bring them back to their former luster.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 11:28:55 pm by miguelvp »

Offline firehopper

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #177 on: April 01, 2015, 03:48:21 pm »
just won a auction for a fluke 289 for $335 used. I'll post pictures when it arrives

its here :) and as promised pictures

only parts missing were the black alligator clip thingy, and the fluke view forms cd

anyone have a spare black alligator clip for fluke? or the fluke view forms they could make a iso for me? basic version is fine. wouldnt say no to the designer version though
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 03:50:12 pm by firehopper »

Offline blackbird

• Regular Contributor
  • Ooohhhh, what does this button do???
« Reply #178 on: April 01, 2015, 04:39:25 pm »
Scored some PSUs from the Broadcom auction. I'll collect them next week. These cost about 73€ each (including the 16% buyers premium)

The PL330QMD (or QMT) is at the top of my shopping list. To bad most of the affordable ones are at the other side of the pond. With shipping and import taxes they are rapidly becoming unaffordable to me  :'(

Does anyone have one for sale, preferably in The Netherlands or Germany? I'm not sure what the shipping cost of a power supply like this is within the EU so I like to keep it 'local'.

Offline SaabFAN

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #179 on: April 01, 2015, 08:51:00 pm »
Not really "scores", but they should suffice until the DS1054Z arrives:

DSO203 aka DSO Quad (Hardware-Version: 2.72 and already flashed with a custom App^^) for about 100€, including 2 Probes.

AND:

Philips PM3350 for 150€, without probes and a few quirks I have to solve (see this thread: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/repair/beginner-trying-his-luck-at-fixing-a-philips-pm3350/). But my first own real Scope! Yay! :)

I was first bidding on a PM3320, fully digital scope made by Philips with basically the same specs as the Rigol in 4-Channel Mode (200Mhz Bandwith on the Inputs, 250MSample/s), but someone beat me to it at the last second.
I then settled for this one, because I need Single-Shot capability, as well as reasonably high sampling rate to capture the reaction of a switching regulator (SEPIC-type) to load-dumps and sudden turn-on currents.

Offline kaz911

• Super Contributor
« Reply #180 on: April 03, 2015, 03:59:31 am »
a few broken Fluke 287/289's for < $200 - then sent to Fluke and got repaired free of charge

A couple of newly CALIBRATED HP 1141A Differential probes for $220-250 incl power supply - great for bench work but absolutely not portable

Agilent N2792A 200MHz differential probe in perfect condition in original box etc  - looks almost unused for $350 (SRP about $1900) Great for my portable CAN work - Same price as the 25Mhz version usually goes for on eBay.

And the latest - an Tek MDO3012 with MDO3PWR and MDO3SA for $1900,- while that is not a great scoop - I sure look forward to it for my BLE stuff :) and the MDO3012/MDO3SA bundle is no longer available cheap as before. And came with a nice Pelican case and quite a few BNC adaptors. On route with DHL to me as we speak. Now looking for some 500 MHz probes and some Logic Probes (I wonder why.... :-/O )

Offline The Doc

• Contributor
« Reply #181 on: April 03, 2015, 05:36:59 am »
I scored another HP 3456A today, and an Ando LCR meter...  €50 for both!

Too old to die young

Offline tec5c

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #182 on: April 04, 2015, 05:55:48 am »
These were given to my workplace from another department. Our department had never used them once. About 2 years ago the section I work in had to move to a different workshop and there was a mass clean out of unused gear. I grabbed a whole car load of old equipment.
In the attached photos are a HP 89440a vector signal analyser with the RF section, sitting on top of a HP 8753a network analyser. I have maybe turned these on ~ 5 times since I have owned them (once I zapped a cockroach who had found a new home in the VSA, thought it was the equipment itself so I opened it up to find charred remainders of the little guy)

I am currently considering selling the pictured equipment, along with some other gear I have acquired over time seeing as I don't use them (someone convince me not to!?)

The following users thanked this post: smoothVTer

Offline tec5c

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #183 on: April 04, 2015, 05:57:04 am »
The network analyser. Sorry for the average quality of the photos.

Edit: The "Calibration Not Required" sticker is because our department never used this bit of equipment so it was given that sticker to not confuse it with all of the equipment that did have to go for annual cal.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 05:59:33 am by tec5c »

Offline miguelvp

• Super Contributor
« Reply #184 on: April 05, 2015, 11:58:22 pm »
I had time over the long weekend to turn the two scopes that I got for $50 combined with local pickup.

And turned them to this:

Also I got 3 modules for $36 including shipping:

7A11 (was missing the pull tab so I used one from a 7A15A) , 7A13, 7B53A

Also I got another 3 modules coming for another $36 including shipping.
7A18, 7A26 and 7A22 (last one missing the pull tab)

Plus the last one three times more expensive is a 7D15 225MHz Universal Counter/Timer for $36.

Offline SoundTech-LG

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #185 on: April 10, 2015, 03:39:20 pm »
maybe more scores tomorrow... ???

http://www.electronicsfleamarket.com/

Offline Wytnucls

• Super Contributor
« Reply #186 on: April 20, 2015, 10:27:59 am »
Not sure if it is that much of a score, but I acquired a mint Keithley 2000 for 290$, local pickup.
Last calibrated 2013, one calibration only. Inside case stamp dated 2010.
Is it possible to derive any date from the serial number?

Offline xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #187 on: April 20, 2015, 12:23:54 pm »
Tektronix CMC251 off Ebay. Listed for parts or not working, but works perfectly. $70 -

I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline alterbaron

• Contributor
« Reply #188 on: April 20, 2015, 11:24:12 pm »
Fully working HP 8566B for $425 shipped.  ;D

Offline affe

« Reply #189 on: April 21, 2015, 08:44:40 am »
Got a Tektronix TLA5204B 136-channel logic analyzer in like new condition with largest possible memory (32M) for a bit over 500€.
I already have a MSO so pondering now whether I should sell her or keep her.  :scared: :scared: :scared:

Offline xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #190 on: April 21, 2015, 12:18:21 pm »

We had some of those in our lab at work, man those things are monster-sized. Work good though. :)
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline xwarpTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #191 on: April 23, 2015, 08:22:28 am »

We had some of those in our lab at work, man those things are monster-sized. Work good though. :)

There is a local surplus dealer that sells those on occasion. One day I will get one......maybe......

Offline deadlylover

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #192 on: April 23, 2015, 02:25:26 pm »
I have a few goodies to share, first up is an Advantest R6161 voltage/current source.

A bit of a sick puppy though, only the 1V,10V,100V ranges work, I'll do a teardown when I repair the thing. I have a feeling the relays are shot. Thank goodness the voltage/current limits work just fine, because if I dial in anything on the 1000V range it instantly shoots into the set voltage limiter (not so fun when I set the limit to 1050V and dialled in said 5V to test the range).  :-\

Next up is a Panasonic VP-7722A audio analyzer. I'm kinda sorta into audiophoolery and I had no idea Panasonic used to make these things until recently! It's actually quite a respectable performer too, 0.00025% THD+N 2.5V @ 1kHz, 30kHz BW. It weighs a bloody ton at 17kg, might need to start a new thread for a proper teardown if anyone is interested.

I'm super impressed by the unit, because while it won't spit out pretty FFT's which are all the rage these days, I think it will be very handy for quick and dirty production line testing since you don't need a computer to operate it. It will happily dance with 'entry level' Audio-Precision analysers, I think you need an AP 2722 ($10k+ used) to better it in terms of THD+N anyway.

It's insides are so colourful, having modules and right angle pots make it easy to service/calibrate.  ^-^

Man I've got the hots for a HP 8566B, but I think shipping would cost as much as the unit...  |O

Online Vgkid

• Super Contributor
« Reply #193 on: April 23, 2015, 02:30:37 pm »
That audio analyzer looks quite nice.
If you own any North Hills Electronics gear, message me. L&N Fan

Offline dom0

• Super Contributor
« Reply #194 on: April 23, 2015, 02:50:18 pm »
Yep, those are digitally controlled analog analyzers much like the venerable HP 8903. Interesting thing about the Pana analyzers is that their source sections are truly floating ; although for 99.99 % of all usage scenarios a proper differential output would be just as well usable. They are available under at least three brands (Panasonic, National and Matsushita). There are some other models in that line up, namely VP-7721A (no GPIB iirc), VP-7722A, VP-7723A, VP-7724A, VP-7725A and VP-7726A. There are also *B variants. The higher the number the newer. 

Offline deadlylover

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #195 on: April 23, 2015, 04:10:43 pm »
Yep, those are digitally controlled analog analyzers much like the venerable HP 8903. Interesting thing about the Pana analyzers is that their source sections are truly floating ; although for 99.99 % of all usage scenarios a proper differential output would be just as well usable. They are available under at least three brands (Panasonic, National and Matsushita). There are some other models in that line up, namely VP-7721A (no GPIB iirc), VP-7722A, VP-7723A, VP-7724A, VP-7725A and VP-7726A. There are also *B variants. The higher the number the newer.

Wow that's neat, thanks for the info.  ^-^

The 7722 and 7725 has the lowest THD+N from the research I've done. I'm on the lookout for the 7725 to see if it performs any better than the -22. It's specs are about the same, it just has an LCD screen. Maybe I'll complete the happy family one day. XD

Online Vgkid

• Super Contributor
« Reply #196 on: April 23, 2015, 04:24:59 pm »
Are those red capacitors socketed?
If you own any North Hills Electronics gear, message me. L&N Fan

Offline dom0

• Super Contributor
« Reply #197 on: April 23, 2015, 04:42:57 pm »
Those things at the caps look like THT distance rings to me.

Offline deadlylover

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #198 on: April 23, 2015, 04:52:24 pm »
Mhm.  :-+

Offline firehopper

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #199 on: April 23, 2015, 09:18:55 pm »
interesting glass beads on those leads.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf