Author Topic: List your test equipment "scores" here!  (Read 782746 times)

Offline AF6LJ

• Supporter
Re: List your test equipment "scores" here!
« Reply #325 on: September 01, 2015, 08:54:06 pm »
Man, it looks snug as a bug with it's friends in the background.  Nice fix and nice collection.

Thanks,I'm too quite happy with my collection. Mostly/nearly all bought cheaply broken or untested and repaired. If I'd live back in the 80's with all that gear, I'd probably be a test gear millionaire, considering the catalogue price of that stuff back then.

Nice collection I see I have some catching up to do . :)
Sue AF6LJ

Offline dom0

• Super Contributor
« Reply #326 on: September 01, 2015, 09:21:11 pm »
Bought a defective Philips PM6661 automatic counter for 10 euro. Looks to be in a nice condition. It's probably the most cute gear in my collection.  :-DMM May not be a great catch to some of you, but in Europe measurement gear seems to be so much more expensive than in America. Too bad shipping costs from America to Europe are expensive.

Will start troubleshooting tommorow.

The cutieness of the 6661 is probably the only reason why it usually sells for 60-90 €... :)

Offline eas

• Frequent Contributor
    • Tech Obsessed
« Reply #327 on: September 02, 2015, 03:43:56 am »
My HP 6114a showed up today.  Other than some sticker residue and missing front feet, it's in perfect condition and even works.  :-DD

Pretty good for $60.  Now I can throw away one of those crappy PSs I have.  I'll still replace some of the caps though.
Pix, or it didn't happen!

Offline TSL

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #328 on: September 02, 2015, 05:24:50 am »
Very happy with my latest score.

An HP54701A 2.5GHz FET probe for my scope - only $75  :-+

Its in pristine condition, with a tube of spare tips too which are expensive little hens teeth.

Works like a treat too - it was a punt on eBay for a "Parts, not Working" listing.

VK2XAX :: QF56if :: BMARC :: WIA :: AMSATVK

Offline PaulAm

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #329 on: September 02, 2015, 02:59:16 pm »
My HP 6114a showed up today.  Other than some sticker residue and missing front feet, it's in perfect condition and even works.  :-DD

Pretty good for $60.  Now I can throw away one of those crappy PSs I have.  I'll still replace some of the caps though.
Pix, or it didn't happen!

Offline Smith

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #330 on: September 02, 2015, 06:41:07 pm »
Bought a defective Philips PM6661 automatic counter for 10 euro. Looks to be in a nice condition. It's probably the most cute gear in my collection.  :-DMM May not be a great catch to some of you, but in Europe measurement gear seems to be so much more expensive than in America. Too bad shipping costs from America to Europe are expensive.

Will start troubleshooting tommorow.

The cutieness of the 6661 is probably the only reason why it usually sells for 60-90 €... :)

Almost fixed it. One bad hcf4556pc with a shot output messed up the LCD. Quite an easy to fix device, everything is accesible once the case has been removed. Leaves me with one bad input fet wich needs to be replaced, it makes lot of noise above the 10MHz range. You won't believe how stable and fast this little thing is. Its just as precise as my HP5316A, just 1ppm off to our calibrated waveform generator (PM6661 is uncalibrated). It was made halfway 1976.
Trying is the first step towards failure

Offline eas

• Frequent Contributor
    • Tech Obsessed
« Reply #331 on: September 02, 2015, 10:51:49 pm »
Nice. Was that the one the seller was asking ~$260 for?

Offline bson

• Supporter
« Reply #332 on: September 03, 2015, 01:47:35 am »
hewlett packard 3577B
Nice and congrats!  I just got a 3577A with the 35677A test set for a good price.   Love it!   :-+  I've been trolling the bay for one of these for quite a while now...

Once I receive a 2m GPIB cable for it I'm going to see if I can put together some python-vxi based software to grab trace data (D1,D2) off of it.  Will post when I have something working!

It's a sweet little machine!  Not too many VNAs that go down to near DC these days, which seems to have become the domain of impedance analyzers.

Offline eas

• Frequent Contributor
    • Tech Obsessed
« Reply #333 on: September 03, 2015, 03:52:06 am »
My $150 Krohn-Hite/EDC 521 DC Voltage/Current Standard arrived yesterday.

It is huge (20" deep), but not heavy. It has a tear in the red filter over the LED display that wasn't obvious in the eBay listing, and the bottom panel had a big-ass dent. Inside was covered with a layer of persistent dust.

I hammered out the dent using some hardwood blocks, cleaned the insides out with IPA, and checked for damaged components. I didn't find any, so I powered it up and it works!

The manual gives a 2 hour warm-up time. The photo was taken a few minutes after I powered it up this morning. At that time, my Keithley 2700 (powered on for ~20 min, not calibrated in years), read the output as +9.99973v, for +10.00000v after a few hours, the reading settled in at +9.99990.

A quick check of the 100v and 100mv ranges looks pretty good too, as did a quick check of the current settings. I'm logging ~24 hours of readings right now. I haven't tried the GPIB programing yet. Assuming it works, I think I write a little script to cycle it through every output setting in every range and log the measurements.

While doing the initial inspection, I noticed that there is a revision to the circuit, with some added resistors and caps, a cut trace and a bodge wire. It also looks like some power transistors were replaced at some point. The device seems to have been built in early 1997, and most of the parts are from 1996. I couldn't find/see date codes on the added parts. There are codes on the transistors, but I couldn't find the right google invocation to decode them. They are Motorola parts, marked, with a Moto logo followed by "616,” the next line is “JE350,” which is the variant/part number. If 616 means the 16th week of 1996 then it would make the transistors the same vintage as the rest. If it means something else though, it would be nice to know.

Given what Dave has reported from his teardowns of EDC gear, it wouldn't surprise me if the bodges are factory original, but I'd be curious if they were fitted later.

More photos and info in my blog.

Online Vgkid

• Super Contributor
« Reply #334 on: September 03, 2015, 06:20:58 am »
^^^ Nice score
If you own any North Hills Electronics gear, message me. L&N Fan

Offline xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #335 on: September 09, 2015, 05:39:34 pm »
Marconi 2022D RF signal generator. As far as I can tell it's working as advertised. Did a little clean-up and it will now be a valuable piece of test equipment here.  :)
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline PTR_1275

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #336 on: September 09, 2015, 11:17:14 pm »
I've been keeping a eye out for a hp 34970 data aquisition unit for a while now. I've been getting cards when I see them come up cheap but still waiting for a unit to go for the right price. Yesterday I saw one appear as buy it now for AU$150 in working condition with the dmm module and it was in Australia already. I've seen parts units go for more than this so I jumped on it. I'll update here when I get it on my bench.

Offline prot_brot

• Contributor
« Reply #337 on: September 10, 2015, 08:06:52 pm »
Sanwa PC5000 - free
Tektronix TDS3054B+TCP202 probe & Fluke 45 - $500
Fluke 287 brand new in box - $200

I am currently looking at this stuff: Meguro MSG-2560B signal gen. fully working - $70
and Tek 7603 mainframe with 7D02 logic analyzer add on - powers on, but horizontal line on screen (dead CRT vertical drive) for $90
Is it any good?

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #338 on: September 10, 2015, 08:21:59 pm »
Tektronix TDS3054B+TCP202 probe & Fluke 45 - $500
Now that is a score. Just the TCP202 probe is worth more! Where did you get it? Manga dua  ;)
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline prot_brot

• Contributor
« Reply #339 on: September 10, 2015, 08:56:51 pm »
Now that is a score. Just the TCP202 probe is worth more! Where did you get it? Manga dua  ;)

LOL! at Mangga dua's price, I'd better go buy a car instead... A woman was 'cleaning up' her house, she said it was her (ex?) husband's belonging and she wanted to get rid of them quick.

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #340 on: September 11, 2015, 12:44:54 am »

Wow, great score Paul. I like those older 6114A with the metal on/off toggle and square power indicator.
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Offline TorqueRanger

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #341 on: September 11, 2015, 01:17:17 am »
I got a Brand New  Rigol DS1054Z for the Price of FREE...
Will post pics if necessary

Offline xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #342 on: September 11, 2015, 01:24:13 am »
Will post pics if necessary

:wtf:
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #343 on: September 11, 2015, 02:27:13 am »
How did you manage that?

Offline eas

• Frequent Contributor
    • Tech Obsessed
« Reply #344 on: September 11, 2015, 04:05:37 am »
After fighting off the urge the urge to step up from a DMMCheck+, I succumbed when I found a deal on an EDC 521.

The anticipation of the 521 unlocked a new urge, the urge to have a way to check multiple points on multiple AC voltage ranges. And now, for just $29.90 + more than twice that in shipping, I will soon have 65 pounds of vintage AC calibration equipment.

If I'm lucky, this compulsion ends with this 44-year-old HP 745a, and without dropping it on my foot and taking a detour to the hospital along the way.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 04:08:17 am by eas »

Offline PTR_1275

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #345 on: September 11, 2015, 05:49:45 am »
Is it sad that I know which eBay seller you bought the Hp745a from just by the table and bushes in the back ground?

I've bought a EDC MV105G and a arbiter systems panel meter calibrator from him. Good seller, packs things extremely well and shops quickly. It's all from an estate sale, he said he has enough stock to last several months putting up new bits every week.

Offline eas

• Frequent Contributor
    • Tech Obsessed
« Reply #346 on: September 11, 2015, 06:50:41 am »
Is it sad that I know which eBay seller you bought the Hp745a from just by the table and bushes in the back ground?

I've bought a EDC MV105G and a arbiter systems panel meter calibrator from him. Good seller, packs things extremely well and shops quickly. It's all from an estate sale, he said he has enough stock to last several months putting up new bits every week.
I figured people would recognize the seller. I know a few other members have picked things up from him.

I was surprised to realize that he's sold four HP 745a's in the last few months. I thought it was the same unit being relisted, but the serial numbers are all different. I'm a little worried I'm getting a unit the deceased used for parts. Either that, or he really liked HP AC Calibrators.

Offline PTR_1275

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #347 on: September 11, 2015, 07:01:38 am »
The edc unit worked although it didn't appear to have been calibrated since it was made in the 70's.

The panel meter calibrator works on most voltage ranges but the current module doesn't work.

I'm not sure what someone would do with 4 x HP 745's, but I do appreciate the collection of gear. Hopefully it works well for you.

Online Vgkid

• Super Contributor
« Reply #348 on: September 11, 2015, 02:55:33 pm »
I will end up selling my cs-152 current falibrator+ ancient manual. It is just way to big, 4U takes up my whole shelf.
If you own any North Hills Electronics gear, message me. L&N Fan

Online IanJ

• Supporter
  • Full time EE & Youtuber
    • IanJohnston.com
« Reply #349 on: September 11, 2015, 05:41:18 pm »
Used Voltech PM100 Single Phase Power Analyser (the single phase version of Dave's 3-phase PM300).
As new condition, not a scratch. Received today, just got her hooked up and and it works great. I wired up a custom DUT AC outlet to the banana's on the back so it's easy to connect to.

Got it for 300 UKP via Ebay (free delivery)........there are 2 others listed, 583 UKP & 722 UKP, and new they are a helluva lot more.......so I reckon I got a bargain.

A nice addition to the w/shop.

Ian.

Ian Johnston - Original designer of the PDVS2mini || Author of the free WinGPIB app.
Website - www.ianjohnston.com
YT Channel (electronics repairs & projects): www.youtube.com/user/IanScottJohnston, Twitter (X): https://twitter.com/IanSJohnston

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf