Author Topic: Looking for a manual for a Fluke 710 Impedence Bridge, i.e. boat anchor  (Read 869 times)

Offline Stray ElectronTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  I spotted one of these in a surplus store today and I'm thinking of going back and picking it up. Does anyone know where I can find a manual for it?

<https://www.radiomuseum.org/r/fluke_universal_impedance_bridge_710b.html>

Offline bob91343

• Super Contributor
Re: Looking for a manual for a Fluke 710 Impedence Bridge, i.e. boat anchor
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2021, 03:45:12 am »
1.  That link brings up the stupidity of cookies and I won't go there.
2.  I don't know anything specific about the Fluke but I suspect it has a lot in common with the GR 650A.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2021, 06:09:12 pm »
  I agree about the site, I won't use it either due to all of the cookie nonsense but it was the only place that I could find anything about the 710.  I will take a look at the GR 650a and see if it appears to be similar.  FWIW, I'm surprised at how difficult it is to find any documentation on some of the old Fluke stuff. Radiomuseum was the only place that I found any mention of the 710.

OTOH I guess that I could list to 710 on Flea-Bay with the title RARE! :-)

Offline bob91343

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2021, 11:57:46 pm »
The 'rare' adjective refers to items that either have fallen apart from age or that didn't sell well.  I chuckle when I see it because that tells me I will probably do better without it.

I don't know how old that Fluke is.  The GR 650A was an early version (Heathkit made a clone of it) and the more modern one is GR 1650A.  I own one, as well as the even more modern GR 1658.

Online bdunham7

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2021, 12:03:57 am »
No schematic or service manual, but here is a short operators manual.
A 3.5 digit 4.5 digit 5 digit 5.5 digit 6.5 digit 7.5 digit DMM is good enough for most people.

The following users thanked this post: Stray Electron

Offline bob91343

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2021, 01:20:11 am »
I see it's not like the GR, but resembles the ESI units.  See if you can find an ESI manual for a similar unit.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2021, 06:53:19 pm »
The 'rare' adjective refers to items that either have fallen apart from age or that didn't sell well.  I chuckle when I see it because that tells me I will probably do better without it.

I don't know how old that Fluke is.  The GR 650A was an early version (Heathkit made a clone of it) and the more modern one is GR 1650A.  I own one, as well as the even more modern GR 1658.

Bob, From what I've read, the Fluke dates from about 1964. I've played with the older manually operated ESI and GR bridges and I have own a Heathkit own. I also have a couple of GR 1657s and a 1658 Digidridges (I love those!)

The Fluke is just for the sake of novelty.

My favorites on FleaBay are the "Reconditioned" items.  You know, the filthy ones with all of the broken knobs and smashed meters!  :palm:
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 06:55:29 pm by Stray Electron »

Offline bob91343

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2021, 08:58:56 pm »
The 1658 is amazing.  I would like more of that series but when they turn up they are out of my class.

I recently got a ZM-11A but sold it, as it's not too user friendly and not too accurate.  It does have a nice electrolytic leakage test but I have other gear for that.

My 1650A is also for novelty, as it's outshined by the 1658.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf