Author Topic: Looking for Perkin Elmer OptiQuant software  (Read 635 times)

Offline MindBenderTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Looking for Perkin Elmer OptiQuant software
« on: May 29, 2022, 08:46:34 am »
Hi,

This is a bit of a long shot, but I’ve been looking for it for a long time, so it is time that I try my luck here. I’m trying to get an ‘old’ Perkin Elmer (previously: Packard) Cyclone phosphor image storage eBay auction: #scanner to work, but it came with very specific scanner software named OptiQuant. I believe the latest version, compatible with Windows 7, is version 5.0. Unfortunately it is a bit too old download from perkinelmer.com, and too obscured to find anywhere else.

The Perkin Elmer Cyclone Storage Phosphor System is a piece of medical/research laboratory equipment that scans ‘phosphor’-plates used for X-Ray imaging. ‘Phosphor’, because these plates do not contain phosphor, but europium, an element that when exposed to X-Rays, gets in an excited state, and holds that state for a prolonged time. When hit with (infra-) red light, it falls back to it’s normal state, releasing a blue photon. Ideal for X-Ray imaging. These scanners are available in a wide range of prices:
eBay auction: #284144214191
eBay auction: #334018931600

If anybody could help me out with a copy of OptiQuant, I’d be really grateful.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2022, 08:59:00 am by MindBender »

Offline dtresearcher

Re: Looking for Perkin Elmer OptiQuant software
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2022, 03:17:04 am »
did your system come with phosphor sheets for you to expose with radiation, and then read in the cyclone unit?
if you want to PM me, I have the software.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf