Author Topic: Lost flukeview forms software  (Read 35749 times)

Offline dadlerTopic starter

• Supporter
Lost flukeview forms software
« on: February 16, 2015, 12:58:43 am »
If you have misplaced your FlukeView Forms software installer, the following is a workaround to restore the software so that you can datalog, create and edit forms, and use the other functions of the software.

Disclaimer: This is not intended to supply you with software you do not already own. This is intended for those who truly have misplaced their disc/installer and need to get back up and running.

Step by step instructions:

Download Fluke Software

First, download the necessary software from Fluke.

Download the demo installer .exe, and the installer .exe for the software that you are trying to restore.

You only need to download Demo, and Basic or Designer, not both (demo &&  (basic||designer)).

Top level download page: http://www.fluke.com/fluke/m3en/support/software/FlukeViewForms.htm

Direct links:

Install Demo Software

Run the demo installer executable and install the software. When prompted with the following dialog:

Select the second option, View and print FlukeView Forms files. This may not matter.

Extract the Installer for your target version of FlukeView Forms

Locate the downloaded .exe file for the version of FlukeView forms you are attempting to restore.

If you want, you can try running this installer. You will receive the following message:

As a workaround, we will extract this installer .exe.

There are many ways to accomplish this, the easiest is to rename the .exe to .zip.

Add a .zip extension to the filename, right click, and click Extract All.

Or you can just unzip the .exe directly with unzip.

Download InstallShield Cabinet File Viewer

This is a freeware application I found on the web, but I had to jump through hoops to download it, so I am mirroring it for more convenient access.

Download link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/juxy8fc79ccfqra/InstallShield_Cabinet_File_Viewer.zip

Unzip the archive, and run ISCabVu.exe to start the application.

Extract fvforms.exe

With the InstallShield Cabinet File Viewer app running, go to the File > Open menu option.

As above, navigate to the directory where you extracted the FlukeView Forms installer, and select the file data1.hdr, then click Open.

In the top toolbar, click the Display Components button (looks like a little folder with a page of paper on top, third from left).

In the left tree panel, navigate to FlukeView Forms Program Files > Files, and click on fvforms.exe in the right list:

Go to the Tools > Extract File menu item, then navigate to the directory where you installed the FlukeView Forms Demo.

This path should be similar to C:\Program Files (x86)\Fluke\FlukeViewForms. Click Save and click Yes when asked if you wish to replace the existing file.

Extract Form Databases

Follow the above instructions for the form databases. Navigate to Data Files - {your language} > Files in the left tree view, and extract each file in the right list to the FlukeView Forms installation directory (as above):

Extract Form Designer

Follow instructions above with the path: FlukeView Forms Program Files Designer > Files, fvdesign.exe

If you are using a language other than English, extract FlukeView Forms Program Files Designer - {your language} > Files, fvdesign.dll

Extract Misc

You may continue to extract other files in the same manner, if necessary and/or desired. The primary required components are enumerated above.

Rename Shortcuts

If the FlukeView Forms Demo Reader shortcut name bothers you, you can rename it to FlukeView Forms by right-clicking on the shortcut, Properties > General and change the name in the top box.

Run FlukeView Forms

You should be able to use the software now. Connect up your meter with the USB dongle and try it out.

The following users thanked this post: Dr_Welt, theirishscion, alm, Mortymore, notfaded1, AleXis6, Royalgrass, evmillan

Offline diego.maga

Re: Lost flukeview forms software
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 09:36:37 pm »
Hi Sir,

I`ve been trying do it a couple times, but no successful. Could you give me a hand ?  Its keeps version demo and I cant connect.

Online shakalnokturn

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 10:12:59 pm »
Thanks for the tip.
Just an opinion, but I find it pathetic that companies like Fluke sell their software considering the price of their meters. Gossen-Metra-Camille Bauer are the same in this respect.

Offline windsmurf

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 12:46:49 am »
Thanks for the tip.
Just an opinion, but I find it pathetic that companies like Fluke sell their software considering the price of their meters. Gossen-Metra-Camille Bauer are the same in this respect.

They have to answer to the shareholders and show ever increasing revenue and profits.  Investors seem to be doing well...

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2019, 12:11:45 pm »
Thanks for the tip.

They have to answer to the shareholders and show ever increasing revenue and profits.  Investors seem to be doing well...
Fluke is no longer part of Danaher, which spun off its test equipment division several years ago.

Offline FREQ

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2022, 03:56:44 am »
Extract Misc
Hi guys! I have a small problem with clear of Flike 289 memory.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oXt6vWiXTtcLxL_YTfk8xp4Vo7lDdKPc/view?usp=sharing
For some reason, this limitation prevents me from deleting previous measurement data from memory. Did everything according to the instructions.

Offline tomasA

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2023, 01:19:37 pm »
Anyone had a try recently?
I am running into an error when trying to run ISCabVu.exe on windows 11.
Any ideas?

Online HighVoltage

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2023, 01:41:10 pm »
FlukeView rar perfectly under Win-XP and limited under Win-7
However, I never got it to work on Win-10 or Win-11
I keep either an old Win-XP machine around or run XP on a virtual system.

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not.

Offline PushUp

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2023, 06:41:18 pm »
I am on Linux, but for testing purposes I did a fresh installation of my "FlukeViewForms 3.8.304" in one of my virtual boxes of Win10. You have to go online to use the FTDI Drivers, but other than that, there was no problem at all. Well, in general I use FlukeViewForms only with my "Windows 7 Offline computers" respectively within my "Windows 7 Offline virtual boxes", so that I also used the compatibility mode "Win7" before installing this software as an admin - but that's it. I guess it is the same with Windows 11...

Here is the process of searching for com port 4:

...and here the process of data transfer:

...and here the result:

Cheers!  ;)

Offline mwb1100

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2023, 07:01:07 pm »
I am running into an error when trying to run ISCabVu.exe on windows 11.

I used "UniExtract2" an open source project that extracts all sorts of archives:

- Project: https://github.com/Bioruebe/UniExtract2/releases
  - the release I used: https://github.com/Bioruebe/UniExtract2/releases/download/v2.0.0-rc.3/UniExtractRC3.zip

The program is pretty clunky to use, and from my recollection (I used it a while ago) I got some inscrutable error messages.  But the .cab files did get extracted.

The following users thanked this post: evmillan

Offline BeBuLamar

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2023, 08:38:34 pm »
I run fluke view form plus on Windows 10 with not problem at all. I use it with the 189, 287, 289 and 45.

Offline chronos42

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2023, 09:54:11 pm »
I run fluke view form plus on Windows 10 with not problem at all. I use it with the 189, 287, 289 and 45.
same here, fluke view is working under Windows 10 without any problems. Maybe the problem only occurs with a fresh installation under W 10. At my pc fluke view was already installed when I updated from W 7 to W 10.

Offline mwb1100

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2023, 10:39:21 pm »
The recent post by tomasA wasn't asking about being able to run FlukeView on Win 11, it asking about how to get the executable files extracted out of the InstallShield installer.

The "howto" document says to use the "InstallShield Cabinet File Viewer" (ISCabVu.exe), but that doesn't run on Win10/11.  An alternative is to use UniExtract2, as explained here: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/lost-flukeview-forms-software/msg4629772/#msg4629772
« Last Edit: January 10, 2023, 10:50:22 pm by mwb1100 »

Offline BeBuLamar

• Super Contributor
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2023, 11:46:14 pm »
Make sure you put the file in an empty folder before you run the extraction. Otherwise after extraction it would run any of the setup.exe file that is in the folder. I had the problem install update it and I found that out. I contacted Fluke and they gave me a link to a full version (so you don't have to install the old version first) but the link only work for 1 download. But I didn't need it after I figured out that I have to put the file in an empty folder before I run it.

Offline Armament

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2024, 01:21:53 pm »
Good day all. I recently acquired a 289 in pristine condition with the IR cord. Where it was a private sale I didn;t look too closely and found that the CD supplied was merely thew user manual. I was able to update the fluke however the original Flukeview CD is long gone. I tried this trick originally with win 11 and I had no success. Is there a chance any of you find upstanding people could send me a DM on this issue?

Offline evmillan

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2024, 02:00:24 pm »
Please check the message above with the workaround to run the software on Windows 11:

The recent post by tomasA wasn't asking about being able to run FlukeView on Win 11, it asking about how to get the executable files extracted out of the InstallShield installer.

The "howto" document says to use the "InstallShield Cabinet File Viewer" (ISCabVu.exe), but that doesn't run on Win10/11.  An alternative is to use UniExtract2, as explained here: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/lost-flukeview-forms-software/msg4629772/#msg4629772

Offline HKJ

• Super Contributor
    • Tests
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2024, 07:04:29 pm »
If you want to just log data you can use TestController, but it cannot download data from the meter (Fluke did not document that).
https://lygte-info.dk/project/TestControllerIntro%20UK.html

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf