Author Topic: MHS-5200A Serial Protocol Reverse Engineered  (Read 55708 times)

Offline nickcres13

Re: MHS-5200A Serial Protocol Reverse Engineered
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2017, 04:39:08 am »
Jhav,

Cool, looking forward to it, lemme know!

Nick

Offline diyfan

« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2018, 02:19:53 pm »
Indeed! Yup im using it to monitor the frequency of external sources...though what is very interesting to me (and as other people in this thread have pointed out) is that if you wire the output into the EXT_IN, the value of the input and output don't agree! For example, you set the generator to "sine wave" at 10 Mhz and read that signal on the EXT_IN, and you will see something like 10.000123...so the counter and generator don't agree, even though they are presumably running on the same clock! Not sure why this is, maybe someone who knows more about FPGA/signal generators can comment...

Hi, I´m new in this forum.
I just bought one of this sets (KKmoon...) mainly as acounter and I could need some help.
I am repairing a wallclock , the pendulum is swinging with 0.86666666 Hz T = 1,153846s.If I want to adjust the pendulum for qanerror of 1s per day I need a resolution of 12ppm, or I have to wait many hours for the next adjustment.
With the period measurement I am not really successful because the periods are not consistant, depending on the accuracy of the cowheels and mainly of the escapement wheel which has 26 teeth. I would have to measure at least 26 periods or better a multiple of that. At the moment the 5th digit is changing continuously.
To read out aall results would help, so I could do the averaging in Excel

thanks in advance
paul

Offline kevinateev

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2018, 01:27:31 pm »
Here is a different approach.  It is MacOS based and command line driven.  written in Swift 4.2.  It will work for a number of variants of this device and can upload waveforms (this was my primary reason for writing it).
 https://github.com/kpishere/mhs52xxA

Offline kevinateev

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2018, 11:29:01 pm »
Thanks to all for the research and work around this!  Labours of love but still, thanks.

Here is what I managed to put together from this info ... a native macOS control utility written in Swift to control and upload arbitrary waveforms on the  MHS5200 related units.

https://youtu.be/43wMURP_9eg

Offline proppa

« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2019, 03:32:04 pm »
Can anyone recommend a way to change the sweep function on channel 2 using the serial monitor?  I can't seem to find a code to select channel. I am using ext.in.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf