Products > Test Equipment

Micsig dp10007 or dp750-100 differential probe

(1/4) > >>

pbs74:
Hi,

I would like to buy a differential probe to make probing with my grounded scope a bit safer. 

I have no prior experience with differential probes, and will probing audio equipment and amplifiers (so faily low voltage) as well as SMPS (higher voltage).

I had my mind set for DP10007,  but DP750-100  is now out, and seems to have superceeded DP10007 on the Chinese Micsig homepage.

The new DP750-100  has 750V peak (vs 700), and according to specs a better CMRR of 80dB to 100KHz, and 60dB to 1MHz (vs 80dB at 50Hz, 60 dB at 20KHz, and 50dB at 1MHz).

On the other hand,  the DP750-100 is worse than DP10007 wrt output voltage of max 1.4V (vs 7V) and ±2% gain accuracy (vs 1%)

Do anyone have experience with the new DP750-100 yet or opinions about whether to favor (claimed) CMRR over max out voltage and gain,  when used with fairly high sensitive Siglent SDS1104X-E oscilloscope?

Thanks

alm:
I don't have experience with either probe, but for my use differential probes with a lower attenuation factor are more useful: the DHP10007 is 10x/100x, while the DP750-100 is 50x/500x. That's because I'm not using them on particular high voltages. I'm more often running into the noise floor of measuring low level signals than the high voltage limit. I would imagine the same is true if you use them on amplifiers.

H.O:
I have a DP750-100. I had my mind set on the DP10007 due to its 10/100 attenuation but got the the DP750-100 instead. For measuring differential bus signals (RS485 etc) it works perfectly fine, see this post for example. I can't comment on CMMR and I have only used for a couple of hours total so take this for what it is.

I like the form factor of it, a whole lot less bulky than your normal HV diff probe. Build quality is overall very nice, it looks and feels like a high end device but if I wiggle the BNC connector/electronic housing around, as you do when pressing the button on it, the trace will move around on me. I'm not sure if the issue is with the actual BNC or with the pogo-pin connection between the probe and powersupply adapter or something else. Obviously this effect is less visible when measuring 400V compared to me measuring 3.3V. For my typical usecase the bulky multimeter brobes with its detachable tips aren't ideal but I don't mind them for probing the DC bus of a VFD so it is what it is.

I wouldn't mind a second one, they're not that expensive so if I get one I'd probably cut the probes off and attach something more suitable for low(ish) voltage measuring on digital bus signals etc.

LaurentR:

--- Quote from: alm on August 21, 2022, 10:02:39 pm ---I don't have experience with either probe, but for my use differential probes with a lower attenuation factor are more useful: the DHP10007 is 10x/100x, while the DP750-100 is 50x/500x. That's because I'm not using them on particular high voltages. I'm more often running into the noise floor of measuring low level signals than the high voltage limit. I would imagine the same is true if you use them on amplifiers.

--- End quote ---

Was looking at exactly that since I have various HV probes I use for lower voltages (incl the 10007).

If you believe the datasheets, despite the 50x attenuation vs 10x, the 750-100 has lower input-referred noise than the 10007... (12 mVrms vs 15 mVrms), and has better CMRR, which makes it quite an interesting choice.

alm:
In theory that makes 120 mV noise relative to the input signal for the 10007 at 10x and 750 mV noise for the 750-100 at 50x.

Since there's people with both probes here, maybe you could come up with a comparison, like measuring a 1Vpp 1kHz square wave with both probes single-ended? So one input to the signal, and the other input to ground.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version