Author Topic: 500$ for Micsig or Siglent or Agilent  (Read 14657 times)

Offline BouteilleTopic starter

• Contributor
Re: 500$ for Micsig or Siglent or Agilent
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2019, 05:33:16 pm »
The official store from MicSig should also work. MicSig usually responds to enquiries quickly. But be aware of the shipping costs, import paperwork costs (10 to 30 euros), import duties and VAT. Before ordering from China make sure you can't find a better deal taking all the extra costs into account. Usually a local (EU) dealer is cheaper all things considered.

They actually provide shipping from various places on their Aliexpress shop.
Getting it from Spain sounds like a good compromise.

• Contributor
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2019, 05:37:21 pm »
I'm not sure that comes with the protocol decoders. The TO1104+ bundles from the EU distributor all seem to include it but the ones coming from China don't say or explicitly say they're an optional purchase. The protocol decoder license for I2C/SPI/UART/CAN/LIN is ~40 EUR so that eBay auction is still cheaper.

I'd also suggest buying it from a EU distributor if possible for least amount of headaches. However, I know people who have ordered from eBay/Aliexpress and have had no problems. I bought mine from a UK distributor and at the time it included the protocol decoders + a carrying bag.

I have dealt with that Seller several times before and not had an issue.

I did buy mine off Aliexpress and MICSIG directly and the once I contacted them reply was prompt and got me the answer I needed.
Other than Paypal short term protection your backup options after buying are limited with most ebay sellers and factory backup tends to be harder to get.

Low price is tempting indeed but one needs to understand the risks... Thank you for sharing your experience.

• Contributor
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2019, 05:40:47 pm »
I have Micsig TO1152 and STO1104C. STO1104C is the latest model.

Can you tell us where you ordered it from and how much you had to pay for it ?
Any idea when it will become available globally ?

Offline FERCSA

• Contributor
    • www.fercsa.com
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2019, 04:33:47 pm »
Thank you for the suggestion, I am definitely not able to populate the mainboard myself... But what does the modified firmware add to a DSOX1102G ?
Sorry, I skipped reading messages about this hack after seeing hardware modifications :)
2.5 channels is 2 analog + 1 digital 'only' input (using trigger BNC) ?

Yes you can use the trigger as a digital input channel, handy for SPI decoding. Just look around youtube, there are a lot of videos out there demonstrating this feature.

With the modded firm, you got a lot of serial decoding options, including unofficial ones. UART,I2C,SPI,I2S,LIN,CAN,flexray and some aerospace related ones, but I doubt you every gonna touch a airplane like a mirage or an airbus. Also extra timebase, 2ns/DIV for 200MHz, circular segmented memory which is very-very handy! And a few other small things.

One thing for sure this device gonna be continuously supported for a very long time as usually most of the HP/A/K devices, compare to the others.
Don't ask. I'm the same guy who gave you ultra fast internet in the '00s..
#FERCSA

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2019, 05:45:36 pm »
But downside of the DSOX1102G is the extremely short memory. Don't underestimate that. With deep memory you likely never need segmented recording and you can record an event in one go and then zoom in to certain areas of the signal.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline Micsig_support

• Regular Contributor
  • Manufacturer of digital oscilloscopes from China
    • Manufacturer of digital oscilloscopes from China
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2019, 03:14:45 am »
hello STO1104C will be available in Feb, and you can contact micsig directly or local France distributor.

here is the picture for your reference.
JL

• Contributor
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2019, 10:34:45 am »
hello STO1104C will be available in Feb, and you can contact micsig directly or local France distributor.

Thank you for the update.
For the sake of comparison, it is also good to note that Agilent and Micsig support are the only ones I saw active on the forum.
Any intervention noticed from Siglent or Rigol techs/sales ?

It looks like this unit builds up on previously demonstrated success (TO series):

100MHz and 150MHz (2ch only) versions
1Gs/s (shared)
28Mpts memory
80k waveforms/s
20MHz filter
Wifi (Remote control), LAN, HDMI, USB (host & mass-storage), Video recording

But compared to previous models we finally have buttons (well... for buttons lovers ^-^), removable battery, and probably more...
Sounds like a nice challenger. Can't wait to get more info or try one.

PS: 1000E series specs are even more impressive but price range is probably higher.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2019, 10:42:57 am »
For the sake of comparison, it is also good to note that Agilent and Micsig support are the only ones I saw active on the forum.
Watching.....what do you need to know that you can't find here on the forum or in datasheets from the manufacturers websites ?
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2019, 10:47:25 am »
Watching.....what do you need to know that you can't find here on the forum or in datasheets from the manufacturers websites ?

Shouldn't you be fishing or something  :D
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

• Contributor
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2019, 11:09:05 am »

Maybe support ?
A representative standing behind his product is somewhat reassuring.
At least it gives the illusion (?) that if If something goes wrong with the product, we have someone to contact...

Also interesting for reporting small bugs, asking features or information, or simply giving user feedback (listening to customers can make the difference).
If not useful it makes us feel important ;)

In my sense, it is profitable for both the community and the company...
And I bet these companies know the impact this forum can have on sales.

Offline Hydron

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2019, 11:22:02 am »
Back to the new Micsig option, does it come with a cover to protect the knobs/buttons when being transported around (like a portable scope would often be)? Or is this intended to be more of a desk version, with the existing TOxxxx models remaining as the "portable" version?

• Contributor
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2019, 12:56:39 pm »
Back to the new Micsig option, does it come with a cover to protect the knobs/buttons when being transported around (like a portable scope would often be)? Or is this intended to be more of a desk version, with the existing TOxxxx models remaining as the "portable" version?

Good point, I have not seen one on pictures or specs I found...

I thought TOxxxx didn't have one either (though no buttons) but @Micsig_support suggested that:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/micsig-tablet-oscilloscope-tbook-mini-to1000/msg1187516/#msg1187516

People also found nice alternative cases/bags to fit the device in:
See here: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/micsig-tablet-oscilloscope-tbook-mini-to1000/msg1206382/#msg1206382
And here: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/micsig-tablet-oscilloscope-tbook-mini-to1000/msg1206368/#msg1206368
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 01:11:06 pm by Bouteille »

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2019, 06:45:31 pm »

Maybe support ?
A representative standing behind his product is somewhat reassuring.
At least it gives the illusion (?) that if If something goes wrong with the product, we have someone to contact...

Also interesting for reporting small bugs, asking features or information, or simply giving user feedback (listening to customers can make the difference).
If not useful it makes us feel important ;)

In my sense, it is profitable for both the community and the company...
And I bet these companies know the impact this forum can have on sales.
Be assured there's ~10 Siglent dealers and distributors that are members here and Siglent staff that watch proceedings on EEVblog.
Several of their beta testers around the world are members here also.
Siglent themselves have been a member here since 2013.
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-technical-support-join-in-eevblog/

Many Siglent products have been improved and/or had features added as a result of suggestions and contributions from members on this forum.
EEVblog is a valuable resource for many TE manufacturers and as such Dave gets numerous new products to reveal to the community and the world.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline Hydron

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2019, 09:07:45 pm »
From what I've seen of the Siglent threads (note: I don't own any of their kit) they do seem to pay attention to bug/feature requests on the forum or at least sent in via forum members.
Rohde & Schwarz (note that I do own one of their scopes) have also been paying attention to requests here - took a while to trickle down into firmware releases but there have been some nice recent upgrades.

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2019, 09:31:47 pm »
The TO1104 also offers input filtering which might be useful to turn PWM signals back into 'analog' signals by filtering the high frequency content away.

So it got low-pass filter function with free choosable cut-off, indepent from the actual timescale ?
My rigol 5074 got filter function too, but the lowest cutoff depends on the timescale.
To filter a 400hz sinewave out from a 10.8khz PWM, you have to choose a cut-off of say 1khz.
On the rigol it means you have to select a timebase of 500ms to adjust the cut-off to 1khz......400hz sine got a cycle of 2.5ms..... :P

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2019, 09:34:14 pm »
The TO1104 also offers input filtering which might be useful to turn PWM signals back into 'analog' signals by filtering the high frequency content away.
So it got low-pass filter function with free choosable cut-off, indepent from the actual timescale ?
Yes. IIRC this is done in the signal processing path so it is not a post-processing feature which slows things down.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2019, 09:41:16 pm »
Superb....

Rigol told me to choose the 500ms timebase and then zoom into the low-pass.....Nice idea, but with zoom activated the filter functions are disabled.... :palm:

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2019, 09:45:25 pm »
I just checked. It seems the lowest low-pass frequency on the TO1000 is 30kHz (regardless the samplerate).

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2019, 09:52:15 pm »
That´s far, far away from what I Need, thanks for testing.  :)

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2019, 10:42:24 pm »
An alternative would be the scopes from GW Instek (GDS1000B, GDS2000E or MSO2000 series). There are some limitations on input filtering (1Mpts depth maximum) and the update rate will drop but it does work. I have used the filtering on my GDS2204E extensively while developing a product which needs to detect a small signal in the low kHz range which is modulated onto a very strong signal.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 10:42:29 am by nctnico »

• Contributor
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2019, 08:45:40 am »
Be assured there's ~10 Siglent dealers and distributors that are members here and Siglent staff that watch proceedings on EEVblog.
Several of their beta testers around the world are members here also.
Siglent themselves have been a member here since 2013.
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-technical-support-join-in-eevblog/

From what I've seen of the Siglent threads (note: I don't own any of their kit) they do seem to pay attention to bug/feature requests on the forum or at least sent in via forum members.
Rohde & Schwarz (note that I do own one of their scopes) have also been paying attention to requests here - took a while to trickle down into firmware releases but there have been some nice recent upgrades.

Thank you for the info, I think it can be an important point for people choosing a first/new oscilloscope.

Offline ServiceXp

• Contributor
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2019, 08:57:13 pm »
Anyone have a change log for the new firmware update for the Micsig TO1104 (Build .349)?

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2019, 09:50:44 pm »
I wouldn't buy the U1620A. It is a typical handheld scope with all the limitations that come with these kind of scopes.

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2019, 10:33:45 pm »
A good handheld scope got isolated inputs - do the micsig have them ?

Offline tsman

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2019, 10:47:35 pm »
A good handheld scope got isolated inputs - do the micsig have them ?
The TO1000 scopes don't but their MS300 and MS500 handheld scopes do. Dave did a teardown video on a MS310 -

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf