Author Topic: Micsig Tablet Oscilloscope tBook mini TO1000  (Read 112906 times)

Offline tsman

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Micsig Tablet Oscilloscope tBook mini TO1000
« Reply #300 on: January 07, 2019, 01:04:50 pm »
Ah, STO1000 ... TO1000 series has only 256Mb RAM for applications (not to be confused with  separate 1Gb or so for acquisition or something). I'd say it's not enough :(.
Good point. I thought the STO1000 was similar hardware to the TO1000 but with more buttons but it must have some upgrades in that case.

Offline exe

• Supporter
  • self-educated hobbyist
« Reply #301 on: January 07, 2019, 01:26:44 pm »
I thought the STO1000 was similar hardware to the TO1000 but with more buttons but it must have some upgrades in that case.

Afaik not all memory is soldered on TO1000.  Also, modules with bigger capacity could be used. The SoC (if https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/micsig-tablet-oscilloscope-tbook-mini-to1000/msg1262014/#msg1262014 is correct) supports at least 1Gb of RAM. I'd love to see TO1000 on Android as I'd expect UI to be a bit less sluggish. On the other side, the model is quite old now, MicSig might not be interested in supporting it (but it's still on sale).

Offline tsman

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #302 on: January 07, 2019, 01:37:56 pm »
Yep. The STO1000 definitely has more RAM. hgjdwx's PCB photos show 2x K4B4G1646Es which are 4Gb DDR SDRAMs.

Offline exe

• Supporter
  • self-educated hobbyist
« Reply #303 on: January 07, 2019, 02:13:16 pm »
But is the board the same as TO1000? If so, I'd love to upgrade my TO1104 with newer firmware and more memory :)

Offline tsman

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #304 on: January 07, 2019, 02:18:53 pm »
But is the board the same as TO1000? If so, I'd love to upgrade my TO1104 with newer firmware and more memory :)
It is definitely based on a TO1000 but not quite the same when comparing hgjdwx's photos against Mike's teardown. A heatsink has appeared on the SoC as well.

Offline tsman

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #305 on: January 16, 2019, 02:45:22 pm »
New v349 firmware for the TO1000 and v56 for the STO1000 has appeared on the China and RoW auto update sites. No clue what has changed as there aren't any release notes on the web site or the forum. Probably not a huge difference since the previous China firmware was v343 and this is just making a RoW release + bugfixes. Apply at your own risk etc... Somebody on the forum wanted to downgrade from v343 and got help from tech support on how to do it which probably needs a special firmware file.

The STO1000 has two different model suffixes now. STO1000C which has the same specs as a TO1000 and a new STO1000E which has a deeper memory (70M vs 28M) + higher waveforms/sec (150K vs 80K). I suspect it is a software license difference like the TO1000 and TO1000M where the M models had lower specs. All of them still use a 1GS/s ADC.

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #306 on: January 19, 2019, 03:21:29 am »
Just Auto updated here this morning to v349 on my TO1104 in case you haven't tried yet or keep yours offline.
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

The following users thanked this post: hammy

Offline Micsig_support

• Regular Contributor
  • Manufacturer of digital oscilloscopes from China
« Reply #307 on: February 16, 2019, 09:43:41 am »
New v349 firmware for the TO1000 and v56 for the STO1000 has appeared on the China and RoW auto update sites. No clue what has changed as there aren't any release notes on the web site or the forum. Probably not a huge difference since the previous China firmware was v343 and this is just making a RoW release + bugfixes. Apply at your own risk etc... Somebody on the forum wanted to downgrade from v343 and got help from tech support on how to do it which probably needs a special firmware file.

The STO1000 has two different model suffixes now. STO1000C which has the same specs as a TO1000 and a new STO1000E which has a deeper memory (70M vs 28M) + higher waveforms/sec (150K vs 80K). I suspect it is a software license difference like the TO1000 and TO1000M where the M models had lower specs. All of them still use a 1GS/s ADC.

thanks for your support to Micsig. We do not notice the firmware upgrade because there is no big changes in software functions, and we are always to try provide better functions of Micsig oscilloscope, our customers can get the news function easily by Wi-Fi upgrade.

TO1000M model is stopped because the price is too low, and most customers like TO1000 more.
STO1000C series English version in ready in website.
JL

The following users thanked this post: Synthtech

Offline TK

• Super Contributor
  • I am a Systems Analyst who plays with Electronics
« Reply #308 on: February 16, 2019, 03:52:36 pm »
I upgraded my TO1104 and noticed there is a new serial decode list option.  It takes the full screen, so it is not possible to see the waveform and the serial decoded data at the same time, but it might be useful for some situations.

Offline StillTrying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #309 on: February 16, 2019, 05:47:52 pm »
It would be good if they changed the 4ms/div. to 5ms.div. and added a fine amplitude adjustment. :)
.  That took much longer than I thought it would.

The following users thanked this post: pomonabill221

Offline voltsandjolts

• Supporter
« Reply #310 on: February 16, 2019, 05:51:31 pm »
I purchased a TO1104 a couple of weeks ago and I have to say it works better than I expected.
Micsig have done a great job making a very intuitive touch UI - I thought a touch screen scope would be clunky. I was wrong.

It has some neat features but of course the best feature is its small size and portability. Even in the lab, you don't dread dragging the scope to a different workbench, finding space for it,  finding a spare power socket, booting up etc. Just pick it up and go. Built-in memory for screenshots and video is useful. Triggering, filter options and serial decode are great features to have in such a small form factor.

Well done Micsig.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 06:19:24 pm by voltsandjolts »

The following users thanked this post: pomonabill221, Micsig_support

Offline exe

• Supporter
  • self-educated hobbyist
« Reply #311 on: February 16, 2019, 08:47:43 pm »
Dear MicSig,

Where can I download the latest firmware for my to1104? My oscilloscope doesn't have internet connection.

Offline edsjac

• Contributor
« Reply #312 on: February 25, 2019, 11:32:22 pm »
MICSIG,

When will you release the update with the option to change the background color of the files saved as .png to the white or black?

This is very useful! The results with a black background cannot be used in research articles. The journals don't accept black background!

The following users thanked this post: pomonabill221

Offline tsman

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #313 on: February 28, 2019, 02:02:35 am »
Another rebranded Micsig TO1072 has appeared - The French Jeulin F072.

Where can I download the latest firmware for my to1104? My oscilloscope doesn't have internet connection.
The autoupdate function looks at http://www.micsig.com/upgrade/config.xml for the firmware. Check what the current version of your firmware is as the first number is actually some kind of hardware version number. Find the hardware version + model in config.xml to get the URL to the firmware image. Put that file onto a USB stick and plug it into your scope.

I don't know why Micsig have stopped uploading the firmware to their websites or their forum.

The following users thanked this post: hammy, exe

Offline Micsig_support

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #314 on: March 04, 2019, 06:14:27 am »
Another rebranded Micsig TO1072 has appeared - The French Jeulin F072.

The autoupdate function looks at http://www.micsig.com/upgrade/config.xml for the firmware. Check what the current version of your firmware is as the first number is actually some kind of hardware version number. Find the hardware version + model in config.xml to get the URL to the firmware image. Put that file onto a USB stick and plug it into your scope.

I don't know why Micsig have stopped uploading the firmware to their websites or their forum.

Hello, TO1000 series support Wi-Fi, the user can upgrade their firmware by internet automatically. so we do not put more firmware in our website.
JL

Offline Micsig_support

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #315 on: March 04, 2019, 06:17:49 am »
MICSIG,

When will you release the update with the option to change the background color of the files saved as .png to the white or black?

This is very useful! The results with a black background cannot be used in research articles. The journals don't accept black background!

hello, I know your demands, and i will forwarder to our team.
JL

Offline Micsig_support

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #316 on: March 04, 2019, 06:20:46 am »
I upgraded my TO1104 and noticed there is a new serial decode list option.  It takes the full screen, so it is not possible to see the waveform and the serial decoded data at the same time, but it might be useful for some situations.

TO1104 with battery, the customer can get free bus decoding(5 kind, do not include 1553B and 429). pls send us your SN, then we will provide you the code.
JL

Offline Micsig_support

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #317 on: March 04, 2019, 06:21:44 am »
Dear MicSig,

send me your SN firstly, then I will try to find a solution to you.
JL

Offline Igon

« Reply #318 on: March 09, 2019, 08:43:19 am »

TO1104 with battery, the customer can get free bus decoding(5 kind, do not include 1553B and 429). pls send us your SN, then we will provide you the code.

Hello Micsig!

How about TO1152 with battery?

Offline mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #319 on: March 14, 2019, 12:22:09 pm »
Just received a STO1104C from micsig - basically a TO1104 with knobs added.
Seems generally pretty good, though some knobs are under-used, and UI has a few things in odd places.

However you may want to wait for new firmware, as the high waveform update rate appears to be nonfunctional at the moment. I've asked for more info from micsig, not had a reply yet.

Attatched pic shows a 1MHz sinewave with FM on both scopes - STO trigger-out shows 50hz at all times

Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

Offline Synthtech

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #320 on: March 14, 2019, 05:51:59 pm »

TO1000M model is stopped because the price is too low, and most customers like TO1000 more.

Can I ask, if the Tbook Mini is now discontinued will replacement batteries for it no longer be available?

Offline TK

• Super Contributor
  • I am a Systems Analyst who plays with Electronics
« Reply #321 on: March 14, 2019, 06:45:03 pm »
As far as I know, the tbook mini is not discontinued

Offline hgjdwx

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #322 on: March 15, 2019, 03:34:14 am »
Seems generally pretty good, though some knobs are under-used, and UI has a few things in odd places.

However you may want to wait for new firmware, as the high waveform update rate appears to be nonfunctional at the moment. I've asked for more info from micsig, not had a reply yet.

Attatched pic shows a 1MHz sinewave with FM on both scopes - STO trigger-out shows 50hz at all times

STO you need to open the afterglow

Offline tsman

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #323 on: March 15, 2019, 04:22:03 am »

Can I ask, if the Tbook Mini is now discontinued will replacement batteries for it no longer be available?
The TO1000 Tbook Mini hasn't been discontinued. The M models were software limited versions of the regular TO1000 that were sold for less. You could buy extra licenses to add back the missing features. The hardware is exactly the same.

The following users thanked this post: Synthtech

Offline mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #324 on: March 15, 2019, 09:40:30 am »

So it seems that the initial issue is that they have changed the default persistance setting to "none", when set to "auto" it behaves as expected.
However persistance is not the same thing as high update rate, and as the minimum persistence time you can set is 100mS, it's not quite equivalent to conventional high update rates. Can't immediately think how much of an issue this is in practice, other than cosmetic.
Looking at the trigger-out shows it is taking about 1000 samples every 20mS, though there are significant blind periods of about 8mS.
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf