Author Topic: Micsig Tablet Oscilloscope tBook mini TO1000  (Read 112234 times)

Offline paul_ius

• Contributor
Re: Micsig Tablet Oscilloscope tBook mini TO1000
« Reply #175 on: June 28, 2017, 08:01:11 am »
I try to explain to you, but I am not sure if I can explain clearly. It is highly appreciated other's help.
Hey,

In another thread some questions came up about the differences between TO1074 and TO1104. Some of the guys are already testing the firmware which includes serial decoding, but they're doing so on the TO1104, so the question is: will serial decoding be available on TO1074 too?

Another question: is it (or will it be) possible to buy an upgrade for TO1074 to get the specs and features of TO1104?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 08:06:03 am by paul_ius »

Offline Ivan7enych

• Regular Contributor
    • My astronomy projects
« Reply #176 on: June 28, 2017, 02:53:59 pm »
Hello,
I'm not a good speaker, english is not my native language, sorry in advance, but I'm trying to make a review of 4 oscilloscopes I have for now -
 Micsig TO1104, Rigol 2072A, Tek TDS 744A and Agilent 3014A

1st part, bandwicth and FFT function -

2nd part will be about waveform rate and rs232 decoding (I've got Micsig with beta firmware).

If you have a good ideas what to test, let me know.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 03:01:23 pm by Ivan7enych »

Offline lukier

• Supporter
    • Homepage
« Reply #177 on: June 28, 2017, 03:16:14 pm »
Is the beta version of serial decoding shipped with current TO1000 scopes? Any updates on this feature?

I want to buy some low end scope for simple tasks, so I don't have to boot up the 1 GHz one every time. I was thinking either DSOX1102G (well proven serial decoding, but not portable) or TO1104 (serial decoding unknown, but portable and 4CH).

Also, is the TO1074 "upgradable"  (BW, mem) to TO1104 or is it using completely different memory chip?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 03:26:32 pm by lukier »

Offline Ivan7enych

• Regular Contributor
    • My astronomy projects
« Reply #178 on: June 28, 2017, 03:36:46 pm »
Is the beta version of serial decoding shipped with current TO1000 scopes? Any updates on this feature?
I wrote pm to aliexpress official micsig seller and got scope with beta firmware. I think you can do the same, if you don't want to wait for official firmware release.

The following users thanked this post: lukier

Offline lukier

• Supporter
    • Homepage
« Reply #179 on: June 28, 2017, 03:42:06 pm »
I wrote pm to aliexpress official micsig seller and got scope with beta firmware. I think you can do the same, if you don't want to wait for official firmware release.

I might try that, thanks!

For now I'll wait for your part 2 video :), as I want to see how responsive the decoding is - I hope it's not like DS1054Z decoding - slow and decodes only screen data.

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #180 on: June 28, 2017, 04:07:11 pm »
I might try that, thanks!

For now I'll wait for your part 2 video :), as I want to see how responsive the decoding is - I hope it's not like DS1054Z decoding - slow and decodes only screen data.
Unfortunately the decoding isn't fully finished yet so don't expect too much from protocol decoding from the beta version. It works but there are some rough edges and no list view.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline thanasisk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #181 on: June 28, 2017, 11:10:01 pm »
Yes, the To1074 is upgradeable to 100Mhz/28M/low-highpass

Offline paul_ius

• Contributor
« Reply #182 on: June 29, 2017, 08:48:56 am »
Yes, the To1074 is upgradeable to 100Mhz/28M/low-highpass
Did you ask them or is that written somewhere? I couldn't find any info about that whatsoever. Because even if it is upgradeable, there seems to be no way to buy the upgrade.

Offline thanasisk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #183 on: June 29, 2017, 09:50:29 am »
I contacted batterfly.com who sell the micsig and told me that these options are  offered for 75Eur+vat

Offline Ivan7enych

• Regular Contributor
    • My astronomy projects
« Reply #184 on: June 29, 2017, 03:19:35 pm »
part2 of my review -

0:00 - memory depth test
2:28 - waveform / second test
7:22 - runt signal triggering
12:18 - uart decoding and triggering

I've found several bugs in micsig -
1. FFT function becomes flickering red rectangle when input trace is a flat line (disconnect probe, set channel to 1v/div, turn on FFT). You can see in in part1 on 13:08
2. For the FFT trace 2 buttons V / mV must be renamed to something more adequate, because it change dB / division scale. The same is true for horizontal scaling buttons (rename it from "S" "nS" to for example - "MHz" "Hz").
3. There is no way to quickly reset trigger point time offset to zero. When trigger delay is large, I have to zoom out, move trace horizontaly and zoom back in. See 4:40 in part2 Found!

4. UART decoder doesn't correctly set 8bit + parity check bit, it require to set 9bit. Compare Agilent settings and micsig on my video.

Also some wishlist -
- It's not comfortable to see UART decoding in ASCII symbols, and set trigger in HEX. It would be better to use the same (DEC, HEX or ASCII) format in both decoder and trigger setup. Agilent does this. Rigol doesn't.
- UART decoder uses only one channel (unlike Rigol and Agilent - they use 2 channels Rx and Tx in one decoder). So you can't use for example all 4 channels in decoding 2 protocols - I2C (1 and 2 channel) and UART (3 and 4 channel).
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 11:22:53 am by Ivan7enych »

The following users thanked this post: lukier

Offline StillTrying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #185 on: June 29, 2017, 03:32:57 pm »
I contacted batterfly.com who sell the micsig and told me that these options are  offered for 75Eur+vat

Looks like it's cheaper the buy the TO1074 and upgrade it to TO1104.  :-//
http://www.batterfly.com/shop/index.php?route=product/search&filter_tag=micsigmini
.  That took much longer than I thought it would.

Offline TK

• Super Contributor
  • I am a Systems Analyst who plays with Electronics
« Reply #186 on: June 29, 2017, 04:48:29 pm »
3. There is no way to quickly reset trigger point time offset to zero. When trigger delay is large, I have to zoom out, move trace horizontaly and zoom back in. See 4:40 in part2
To set trigger point to zero, press 50% button, then TimeBase.

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #187 on: June 29, 2017, 05:50:20 pm »
3. There is no way to quickly reset trigger point time offset to zero. When trigger delay is large, I have to zoom out, move trace horizontaly and zoom back in. See 4:40 in part2
IIRC there is a way to reset the horizontal position.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline TK

• Super Contributor
  • I am a Systems Analyst who plays with Electronics
« Reply #188 on: June 29, 2017, 06:21:50 pm »
IIRC there is a way to reset the horizontal position.
This is the menu for the 50% button.  Pressing TimeBase will reset the horizontal position.

Offline Ivan7enych

• Regular Contributor
    • My astronomy projects
« Reply #189 on: June 29, 2017, 07:33:56 pm »
Thank you! I've corrected my post.

Offline thanasisk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #190 on: June 30, 2017, 09:55:20 am »
Similar case with batronix.

Please do note that every seller offers a different configuration and also the probes included are different..

Offline lukier

• Supporter
    • Homepage
« Reply #191 on: June 30, 2017, 10:25:15 am »
So I've ordered TO1074 yesterday - I wonder how long it will take to arrive (Aliexpress Shipping).

From the video it seemed to me that serial decoding (even current beta) is quite usable. DSOX1102G might be superior in that respect, but it is quite a bit more expensive and the portability and 4ch were of more importance for me.

Offline StillTrying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #192 on: June 30, 2017, 11:18:30 am »
So I've ordered TO1074 yesterday

Did you check the specs/options very carefully, many of the ads are quite confusing.

Offline paul_ius

• Contributor
« Reply #193 on: June 30, 2017, 11:37:52 am »
I contacted Batronix.com support to ask about the upgrade possibilities for TO1074. Instead of giving me all the details they've updated their website to show what's available on which version. Sadly, the guy didn't provide me with the pricing and said that I need to contact their sales dept. And he couldn't tell me anything about the decoding feature availability as it's still in development.

https://www.batronix.com/shop/oscilloscopes/Micsig-TO1104.html

What seems strange to me is that according to the updated table, the low/high-pass filtering is available on TO1074, which according to the Micsig's website is not.

Offline StillTrying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #194 on: June 30, 2017, 12:01:57 pm »
batronix don't mention the 500uV option anywhere, but it's shown on the 2nd pic.  :-//

Offline lukier

• Supporter
    • Homepage
« Reply #195 on: June 30, 2017, 12:26:54 pm »
Did you check the specs/options very carefully, many of the ads are quite confusing.

Oh, yes it is a mess. Aliexpress system is not bad in general, but I guess it is not suited for this type of sales (multiple products in multiple variants with multiple options). Micsig could work around that by creating multiple listings for each of the base models (i.e. 70MHz-M, 70Mhz, 100Mhz-M, 100-Mhz etc), but some people would find that confusing as well.

I've used this link:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Digital-Oscilloscope-100-MHz-4-Channel-Portable-Electronic-Diagnostic-tool-automotive-Digital-car-detector-kit-DIY/32802131492.html
and ordered "TO1074 Optional 1" which I hope means with battery, carry strap and screen protector (I didn't need their bag, I'll get one from PCWorld mentioned here on the forum).

Offline StillTrying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #196 on: June 30, 2017, 01:12:14 pm »
ordered "TO1074 Optional 1" which I hope means with battery, carry strap and screen protector

I agree that's what you should get with Option 1. This is how bad the cart description is.

"Digital Oscilloscope 100 MHz 4 Channel Portable Electronic Diagnostic-tool automotive Digital car-detector kit DIY usb PC Scope
Color: TO1074 Optional 1"

Offline thanasisk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #197 on: June 30, 2017, 01:57:22 pm »
In my opinion the micsig is missing some important features that could easily be implemented in software. Hopefully this will be heard by micsig in order to make their product more competitive against keysight dsox1102g and other sub-1000E oscilloscopes -

1. FFT on the math channel (to e.g. perform FFT on a differential CH1-CH2 meadurement)
2. d/dt math operation (useful for differentiating pulses, if combined with feature 1 ciuld be used for freq response analysis)
3. A more useful display of the fft function by observing R&S hmo and GwInstek implementations.
4. Fft averaging
5. FFT peak hold(useful for those freq sweeps)
6. Boxcar/hires averaging mode
7. Downloading a csv file of the whole 28mpts memory through the web interface

Offline fishandchips

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #198 on: June 30, 2017, 11:23:49 pm »
I don't need serial decoding function now but it may be good to have it later. Will it be available for free for existing customers or there will be a charge to add this feature when it officially comes out?

Offline paul_ius

• Contributor
« Reply #199 on: July 01, 2017, 10:07:45 am »
I don't need serial decoding function now but it may be good to have it later. Will it be available for free for existing customers or there will be a charge to add this feature when it officially comes out?
it appears that nobody really knows. Maybe Micsig_support guy will give us some info about this matter in the near future.

What seems strange to me is that according to the updated table, the low/high-pass filtering is available on TO1074, which according to the Micsig's website is not.
I just found this post:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/micsig-technical-support-join-in-eevblog/msg1183477/#msg1183477
So it seems that batronix didn't make a mistake.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf