Author Topic: Micsig Tablet Oscilloscope tBook mini TO1104 review (100Mhz 4 channel 'scope)  (Read 74933 times)

Offline exe

• Supporter
  • self-educated hobbyist
Re: Micsig Tablet Oscilloscope tBook mini TO1104 review (100Mhz 4 channel 'scope)
« Reply #150 on: November 13, 2019, 09:54:54 am »
А week ago I bought an oscilloscope sto1104c on aliexpress.

Did you buy from the official store? If so, I'm afraid you reached their main point of contact (probably the same lady replying here on the forum). You'll have to convince them.

Having said that, let me share my story. When I bought my scope, there wifi option was paid. After a year I decided to buy it, and activate all the other options. Guess what, wifi is now for free. So, I got wifi for free. However, other options got proportionally more expensive, and I wasn't given detailed explanation what they do (I'm talking about automotive features), so gave up on them.

Offline angleshrinker

Re: Micsig Tablet Oscilloscope tBook mini TO1104 review (100Mhz 4 channel 'scope)
« Reply #151 on: November 13, 2019, 10:20:18 am »
Did you buy from the official store?

Official store have no devices on local country store and shipment cost from china ~$150.
I bought from generic ali seller, he sad: "our product is not fake"

Offline TK

• Super Contributor
  • I am a Systems Analyst who plays with Electronics
« Reply #152 on: November 13, 2019, 11:33:00 am »
Micsig offers different bundle options at different prices: basic (no battery, no options), basic + battery (no options) and the full version that has battery and all options.  So it depends how much you paid.  Buying the options shouldn't be expensive, more than what you have paid if purchased bundled, but not expensive at all.  The scope is definitely capable of having all the options activated by passcodes generated after sale by micsig.  Ask the seller how much for only the options purchased after sale.

Offline GeorgeOfTheJungle

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #153 on: November 13, 2019, 11:36:44 am »
sales@micsig.com or asia@micsig.com
The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #154 on: November 13, 2019, 10:21:52 pm »
Did you buy from the official store?

Official store have no devices on local country store and shipment cost from china ~$150.
I bought from generic ali seller, he sad: "our product is not fake"
But not as described so send it back and get a refund.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline angleshrinker

« Reply #155 on: November 19, 2019, 10:31:22 am »
Dispute results I need send it back and lose $80+ on backward shipment.  :--
It is a very wise dispute resolution. They never pay for his mistakes.  :-//

As alternative is to pay Micsig $38 for unlock.

PS. Aliexpress store name is "Shenzhen SuperDeal Technology Co., Ltd."

Offline TK

• Super Contributor
  • I am a Systems Analyst who plays with Electronics
« Reply #156 on: November 19, 2019, 11:44:13 am »
Dispute results I need send it back and lose $80+ on backward shipment.  :--
It is a very wise dispute resolution. They never pay for his mistakes.  :-//

As alternative is to pay Micsig $38 for unlock.

PS. Aliexpress store name is "Shenzhen SuperDeal Technology Co., Ltd."
As I said before, it all depends on how it was listed by the seller and what you paid.  You need to look for the PLUS which is the bundle that includes all the options and the battery.  If you paid for the PLUS, then you deserve to have the unlock keys for free.

Offline angleshrinker

« Reply #157 on: November 19, 2019, 12:15:11 pm »
As I said before, it all depends on how it was listed by the seller and what you paid.  You need to look for the PLUS which is the bundle that includes all the options and the battery.  If you paid for the PLUS, then you deserve to have the unlock keys for free.

I believed what the seller wrote.
Chinese people, of course, cunning people.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 08:23:23 am by angleshrinker »

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #158 on: November 19, 2019, 06:07:01 pm »

I believed what the seller wrote.
Chinese people, of course, cunning people, but Trump to help them.

Lets keep the politics out of this please.

Offline pmaggi

• Contributor
« Reply #159 on: February 02, 2020, 06:56:08 pm »
Does the android firmware version work on TO1104 apart from working on STO1104?
If it does, is it available to update on it?

Offline exe

• Supporter
  • self-educated hobbyist
« Reply #160 on: February 03, 2020, 09:48:15 am »
Does the android firmware version work on TO1104 apart from working on STO1104?

Do you mean the phone app? (TO1104 is not based on android)

Offline pmaggi

• Contributor
« Reply #161 on: February 03, 2020, 11:40:28 am »
No, I was talking about the device itself, but Micsig just confirmed me that TO1104 doesn't support Android system at the moment. Only STO1104C support it.

Offline exe

• Supporter
  • self-educated hobbyist
« Reply #162 on: February 03, 2020, 01:28:56 pm »
Why do you think STO1104C is based on android? From what I see on youtube, it's exactly the same ui as on to1104.

Offline pmaggi

• Contributor
« Reply #163 on: February 03, 2020, 02:30:48 pm »
I tought the same that you, but after seeing this video I got a bit confused.
So I asked Micsig about it and they answered me that only STO1104C line suport android firmware.
As you can see in the video, aparte from the common interface of TO1104, this firmware version also includes extra functionality like electrical calculations, calculator, web browser, etc.

I was thinking of buying a TO1104, but now I have a doubt about whether it is worth buying an STO1104 instead of it.

The following users thanked this post: GeorgeOfTheJungle, Markus2801A

Offline exe

• Supporter
  • self-educated hobbyist
« Reply #164 on: February 03, 2020, 02:59:45 pm »
this firmware version also includes extra functionality like electrical calculations, calculator, web browser, etc.

Wow, it really looks so. Thanks for sharing. I wish they upgraded their TO1104 line (not sure what else to add there, but I like the product and would like it to be around as long as possible).

Offline GeorgeOfTheJungle

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #165 on: February 03, 2020, 04:21:17 pm »
There's a new version for the STO1000C:

"Smart STO User Manual.pdf" (10MB, AND IN CHINESE!)
https://is.gd/NWFPpg

And a new STO1000E:
http://cn.micsig.com/html/list_63.html
https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=603948720898

« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 04:27:00 pm by GeorgeOfTheJungle »
The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.

The following users thanked this post: exe

Offline vladsol

• Contributor
Is there a way to purchase \ unlock an "Automotive" License on TO1104 ?

Offline exe

• Supporter
  • self-educated hobbyist
Ask support on their official aliexpress store, or write to sales@micsig.com .

Offline DaneLaw

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #168 on: December 01, 2020, 06:51:53 am »
Great thread and kudos for the thorough user-reviews, highly read-worthy.
But it looks like this thread and the other main thread here, are all based on the Linux based TO-version.
Any thread for the Android STO line?
Picked one of these up from China (BG) at the start of the year, when you could slash the price by another -20% with these user-purchasable coupons (I reckon it was not intended, as it was removed soon after, and now the price changes too some elevated MSRP that you then get this given percentage off.)
Though all these options seem to be mandatory and installed from scratch (at least on my unit) only the 1553B and the 429 are not present and those cost like way more then the scope itself.
For a fraction of over 400bucks (USD), I think its the best portable bang for buck scope on the market tthat delivers the best balance between portable battery scope that can also front as a bench scope, without driving you nuts., even at normal MSRP here in Europe its a very good portable scope IMO with good buildquality and very decent modern board design and component quality when you have the price in mind, and I love the portability with battery implemented and you can easily put it away when done in the Micsig tablet bag (30USD) where you can have you current clamps and your cables and probes. (ideal in lack of a specific bench)
Though if Micsig are watching.
Would make it even better if you could make the 256 grading feature valid for one of the X or Y knobs at the right top, perhaps thrue the shift button, as it is a vital feature I use a lot and the X & Y knobs are mostly used for cursors.
Here basic fool around from a noob perspective..

Pictures (link) since I got it, as it is quite easy to upload to either YT or to other places with the inbuilt browser..(I get a lux/nits reading that peaks at 414, and the wireless App-latency I recall were around 0.250ms from scope to tablet or PC)
https://imgur.com/a/bZKztlL
Also apreciate that you on the fly can plug scope-value into a spreadsheet' on the scope itself with the office-like app that is in the Micsig App market but these apps will take its toe on the scopes loadup-time, though would be nice if Micsig implemented some more apps in their Android App-market but mostly a dedicated knob to the 256 levels of grading I really miss, so the user doesn't have to go through the menu each time.

Any Android STO-owners that have been able to sideload generic android APKs.? (looks at first glance like its restricted)

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #169 on: December 01, 2020, 08:53:58 am »
Any Android STO-owners that have been able to sideload generic android APKs.? (looks at first glance like its restricted)

Not yet.

It looks for APK files but if you try to install one it says, "Install Blocked: Your administrator doesn't allow installation of apps obtained from unknown sources".

It also doesn't respond to the usual tricks for enabling developer mode.

Maybe we could ask Micsig about this. I want to turn mine into a huge HP15C.

Offline exe

• Supporter
  • self-educated hobbyist
« Reply #170 on: December 01, 2020, 02:46:34 pm »
There was this thread about STO series: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/micsig-sto1104c-tablet-scope-with-knobs-on!/ , although it's very short.

The following users thanked this post: Fungus

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #171 on: December 01, 2020, 03:06:08 pm »
There was this thread about STO series: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/micsig-sto1104c-tablet-scope-with-knobs-on!/ , although it's very short.

This video is cool!

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #172 on: December 01, 2020, 03:11:34 pm »
And check out the serial decoding:

« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 10:29:37 am by Fungus »

Offline StillTrying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #173 on: December 01, 2020, 03:57:40 pm »
This video is cool!

It's a good demonstration to show that the knobs aren't needed at all. >:D
.  That took much longer than I thought it would.

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #174 on: December 01, 2020, 04:06:42 pm »
It's a good demonstration to show that the knobs aren't needed at all. >:D

After owning one for a few weeks I'm starting to think they added them just to placate people who think an oscilloscope won't work properly without knobs.  I find myself using them less and less as time goes by. :-DD
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 07:19:51 pm by Fungus »

The following users thanked this post: nctnico, StillTrying

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf