Author Topic: UNI-T UT89XE: 20000 manual ranging counts of pure fun - impressions & teardown  (Read 6460 times)

Offline Avelino Sampaio

• Frequent Contributor
Hi

I also purchased ProbeMaster probes from Welectron.
A big "ball out" of the UNi-t with the UT89XE was the lack of a "relative" option for resistance measurement. With ProbeMaster's probes the issue was well circumvented.

1- ProbeMaster probes
2- Measurement with the original UT89XE probes (40mR)
3- Measurement with ProbeMaster probes (zeroed)

Offline Avelino Sampaio

• Frequent Contributor
Performing tests with the ProbeMaster. I bought a precision resistor (100R) and the results are in the images below:

1 - 100R resistor
2 - Using ProbeMaster with BM869S
3 - Using ProbeMaster with UT89XE

Offline Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
My probemasters arrived today, very good ones...

Concerning your measure table:

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/uni-t-ut89xe-20000-manual-ranging-counts-of-pure-fun-impressions-teardown/msg4307725/#msg4307725

I´m missing AC measurements with various frequencies.
That would separate the boys from the men or the brymen from the rest... ;)

Online rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
I´m missing AC measurements with various frequencies.
That would separate the boys from the men or the brymen from the rest... ;)
I don't quite get what you mean by your last sentence. What matters is what the manufacturer specifies and the market that specific models are focusing. The UT89X is specified for 1kHz across all ranges and I was able to reach 4.1kHz on low voltage sinewaves (<30V), which is a reasonable margin - unfortunately I don't have the equipment to reach 1000V @ higher frequencies. As for Brymens, surely the BM869S will be a much more wideband as it is specified for 100kHz, but many other series are also only 1kHz (the BM23x or BM25x series, for example).
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf