Author Topic: Commodore Amiga IEEE-488 interface to communicate with test equipment  (Read 2163 times)

Online pascal_swedenTopic starter

• Super Contributor
I recently found out about this IEEE-488 board from ASDG for the Commodore Amiga:
http://amiga.resource.cx/exp/twinx

Quite impressive. It does support Intel iSBX modules and comes with an IEEE-488 iSBX module.

ASDG offered two modules: a GPIB (IEEE-488) module and a dual serial port module.

Any other iSBX module can be installed: A/D and D/A converters, digital I/O, servo controllers, stepper motor controllers, etc. They even made video graphics controllers in these iSBX modules!

Here is an overview of the available Intel iSBX modules:
http://www.intel-vintage.info/intelsystems.htm#876284174

Wanted to check if some people here have used this board for automated test measurements with the Commodore Amiga, and if some people have used other iSBX modules as well with it.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 02:33:53 pm by pascal_sweden »

Offline BH

• Contributor
  • Electronics Engineer
    • brianhoskins.uk
Re: Commodore Amiga IEEE-488 interface to communicate with test equipment
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 05:04:13 pm »
If I'd been born 10-15 years earlier, I'd probably have been interested in this.  I did grow up with the Amiga, but I was a child back then so I was mainly interested in gaming and programming with it.

These days I still maintain a small fleet of Amiga machines for hobbyist purposes but if I was going to do any instrument control I'd almost certainly do it with a standard PC.  I do like the idea of data acquisition with the Amiga, though.

I think it would be very difficult to locate one of these expansion cards now.

BJH.

Online pascal_swedenTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Re: Commodore Amiga IEEE-488 interface to communicate with test equipment
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 10:03:48 pm »
They appear on Ebay regularly. So not that rare at all. Believe me.
Even some people that wrote an improved AmigaDos device driver for it =)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf