Author Topic: UNI-T UT210E Mini Clamp Size  (Read 2299 times)

Offline anrqueTopic starter

UNI-T UT210E Mini Clamp Size
« on: October 10, 2022, 04:34:14 pm »
Hello folks, long time lurker but first time registering and posting. I used search here and the rest of the internet and could not find an answer to my (I hope) simple question.

With the UNI-T UT210E which is a "mini" clamp-type meter, is the clamp large enough to use it with an AC line splitter like the one sold by Klein.
In photos it would seem likely, but then I see the clamp meter in someone's hand and it is so small, hence my question.
I want to purchase a decent quality clamp meter (for cheap) and primary use would be with an AC line splitter.
Thanks, everyone.

Offline DaneLaw

• Frequent Contributor
Re: UNI-T UT210E Mini Clamp Size
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2022, 05:02:17 pm »
I don't know the dimension of the Klein, though I purchased a cheap 8USD line-splitter from China a few years back with 1x and 10x with voltage pinholes (KJ79A sadly not available with EU sockets, only US&AU).. with that unit, I can get my 210E around it.
It's a tad under 15mm / squared.
and with 210E you have around a 17 to 17.5mm clamp gap, as far as I can tell and the same goes for the clamp hole closed on the narrow part...so a max of around 17mm on the narrow part and a max of 20mm on the wide' seems to be max.

is it this Klein-unit you referring to?  https://www.kleintools.com/catalog/test-measurement-accessories/line-splitter
Look to be normal-size gaps and almost like a rebadge of the CN-unit I got, KJ-79A from Kejie Intruments - as it has that exact same branding indent (for a sticker).

« Last Edit: October 10, 2022, 06:02:38 pm by DaneLaw »

The following users thanked this post: edavid

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2022, 05:48:27 pm »
The 2 hole (x1 and x10) Klein splitter is discontinued, but the single hole x10 is available and I can purchase locally at the Orange Big-Box store.
https://www.kleintools.com/catalog/test-measurement-accessories/line-splitter-10x

For any other clamp meter, I wouldn't even need to ask. It was only after seeing the Uni-T UT210E mini in hand (for scale) that I had to ask.

Offline DaneLaw

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2022, 06:00:40 pm »
Its looks to be the same dimension.
I reckon it's a tad under 15mm high and 14.2mm wide, and if that's the case, a Unit-t 210E will work.
what price is it being sold at?

« Last Edit: October 10, 2022, 06:07:03 pm by DaneLaw »

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2022, 06:22:47 pm »
Locally and online for just under $16 American. It seems like a handful of other 2 hole x1/x10 can also be had around this price from Jeff Bezos as well.

Offline DaneLaw

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2022, 10:58:02 pm »
Personally, I would pursue one with 1x + 10x from Jeffrey Preston Jørgensen's boutique (Amazon) - if you plan on using it with a 210E clamp meter, which performs quite decent at a low current,
210E performs good with even 1mA DC  https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/fnirsi-sg-003a-sg-004a-signal-generators/msg4454188/#msg4454188

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2022, 11:17:33 pm »
I had to Google Jeffrey Preston Jørgensen's boutique; nice joke. @DaneLaw thank you for the laugh and the measurements.

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2022, 05:33:11 pm »
Just a follow up to my question. I purchased the Uni-T UT210E and an AC line splitter and the clamp size is indeed large enough to work.
Here is a photo for anyone else who has a question like this in the future.
1613560-0" alt="" class="bbc_img" />
Thanks, all, for looking.

The following users thanked this post: DaneLaw

Offline BillyO

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2022, 10:11:14 pm »
I purchased the Uni-T UT210E and an AC line splitter and the clamp size is indeed large enough to work.

Yep, I can 2nd this.  Plenty big enough.
Bill  (Currently a Siglent fanboy)
--------------------------------------------------
Want to see an old guy fumble around re-learning a career left 40 years ago?  Well, look no further .. https://www.youtube.com/@uni-byte

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf