Author Topic: MSO5074 MSO options  (Read 3852 times)

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
Re: MSO5074 MSO options
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2020, 06:59:31 am »
So I was wondering if you guys like your 5074 scope and if you were satisfied? I heard the buttons are cheap? Really?

And also, how do you like the MSO options?

I'm saying that because I have a siglent sds2352XE that is still late and and supposed to arrive at Saelig pretty soon, and then to me.

But now... I discovered a few thing, and am a bit pissed.

X-E

http://www.saelig.com/sds2000x-e-series/sds2352x-e.htm

I think soon you will have pissed the whole forum off! And then "the hammer" comes out.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2020, 07:27:12 am »
I might stay with Siglent. Just because I don't like companies that pull off half-bullshit tactics. There should never be different particular/company treatment.

Everybody needs to get sued, hacks should be difficult and risky and websites should obey the law.

I am VERY displeased by these sneaky dishonest tactics.

And a bunch of little illegals acting like this is cool. A scope is like legal software, you don't just be a hacker with cracked SW when everybody
else is paying seeing this as a legal requirement.
:-DD

If you take the time to hunt back to the early posts when this was a newly formed forum you'd see this practice of hacking gear was happening 10+ years ago.....nothing new invented by it recently at all and over the years some discussion as to whether it's ethical or not.
We been there, done that and argued all over the place about it.

I was around in those days, Rigol had just become a thing and I think it was Dave's second video that was about the scope. I think Rigol owe Dave a lot but at the same time is was the discovery of how to hack them that made them the go to scope for the hobbyist and propelled them. I suspect it was accidental at first, they wanted a quick way to end of line set the model and never dreamed people would go looking and find out they could do what Rigol themselves do as it was left unlocked.

I found Dave but looking for my first DSO as he had just released his first video on the scope.
Yep Simon all that's on record as was the adding of the additional memory chips to SDS1102CNL to make them a CML which was fresh news to me when joining up here 7 years and a week ago.  :o
We are so lucky as equipment users to have available what we have now and how the industry has progressed in just those few years.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline TK

• Super Contributor
  • I am a Systems Analyst who plays with Electronics
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2020, 02:15:13 pm »
I need to check the signal integrity of 1.7 nS rise-time and such.

100-150 MHz signals will require that, to see correctly.
If you are more interested in signal integrity, you can get a vintage Lecroy DDA-120 for around $300-$400 on eBay... 1GHz with tons of features (16Mpts, 8GSa/s, 50Ohm input...)

Offline Noy

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2020, 06:46:53 pm »
In Europe / Germany its completly legal to do whatever you want with your own gear. You can hack / modify / open it if you want to. You can install a water cooling if you think it will help. So there is no "hope you get caught" :-P

You are only loosing warranty..
But you can still revert the Software hack. And even a Hardware mod if you have new warranty stickers / can remove them without destroing them...

« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 06:50:00 pm by Noy »

Offline lastguy

• Contributor
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2021, 08:11:07 pm »
"In Europe / Germany its completely legal" I envy you but I'm in California republic.
I also agree that, when I bought something I should have rights - just like human rights - to work on it as I like.
Sb says there shall only be one model, 2CH or 4CH, no scope mfg in the earth do that. I issue PO for $500K scope, various h/w and s/w options.
As for BNC, its BW is 3GHz. I do like Keysight/Tek/Lecory uses extra probe contacts, but they also in change. As far as there is USB near by, active probe is not difficult to add.
I personally not sure shall I pickup Keysight or MSO5074. I issued an PO a few months ago for co. the probes are 4x expensive than a 2nd 1GBW scope.
At last I would say, sampling rate is more important. Lab has a 200M Tek simply garbage, DOS like GUI, a Eth card costs me $600+. My 1GBW has 5GSa much better, ETH card only $200.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf