Author Topic: MUSTOOL G1200 Digital Microscope 12MP 7" LCD Display 1-1200X  (Read 5418 times)

Offline tv84Topic starter

• Super Contributor
Any one got one of these?

MUSTOOL G1200

Video

Decided to buy one just to see if it's any good...

Offline maginnovision

• Super Contributor
Re: MUSTOOL G1200 Digital Microscope 12MP 7" LCD Display 1-1200X
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2020, 03:51:26 pm »
Some years ago I had a very similar one(the smaller like 4-5" screen version)... They're ok. I'd prefer a real microscope, even a cheap one, but these little things do work. Soldering is not easy under them but just for inspection they're ok. The main problem I had was the small area you had because of the stand. I had built my own stand to make it useable with larger boards but ended up giving it away and buying a real microscope because without the depth information I had a hell of a time soldering anything.

The following users thanked this post: tv84

Offline tv84Topic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2020, 06:21:29 pm »
Some years ago I had a very similar one(the smaller like 4-5" screen version)... They're ok. I'd prefer a real microscope, even a cheap one, but these little things do work. Soldering is not easy under them but just for inspection they're ok. The main problem I had was the small area you had because of the stand. I had built my own stand to make it useable with larger boards but ended up giving it away and buying a real microscope because without the depth information I had a hell of a time soldering anything.

If it's no good, I'll pass it to the kids to play a little...  >:(

The guy in the video says that he had 6" clearance... with the magnification that he used to desolder the cap.

Offline maginnovision

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2020, 06:49:56 pm »
Yea, working distance was never a huge concern down to 0201 it was that the camera was too close to the stand. So if you have a larger board it can be quite difficult to really view the inner areas due to the stand placement. Tilting can help(mine had that as well) but you start to lose the light pretty quick. The soldering I'm sure you could get use to but when I used one I'd solder by hand with no magnification and then use the camscope to inspect. If there were issues I might try and use it to solder but I always found myself looking directly at the board and not the screen because without depth I had no idea where the iron tip was. It's mostly about the limitations of doing 3d work on a 2d screen. I may just be inept in that realm though.

I should add... The person I gave it to really liked it and found it useful repairing things like gameboy advances and the like. I attached a picture I had taken via the picture taking ability to show an RGB led that had a burned element.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 06:57:50 pm by maginnovision »

The following users thanked this post: tv84

Online Kosmic

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2020, 03:15:35 am »
A bad comparaison, but I got a Mustool G600 some years ago and as soon as I got it, I was really disappointed. The firmware is really buggy (full of features not supported by the microscope  :-//) and visual quality is really bad.

You should look at Andonstar microscopes. A bit more expensive but image quality is a lot better!

I bought a AD206 recently, posted some pics here: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/test-equipment-anonymous-(tea)-group-therapy-thread/msg3077725/#msg3077725

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2020, 04:39:01 am »
FYI Defpom got the G600 a few years back:
https://youtu.be/frQ8-mYKVJ4?t=316
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline jimjam

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2020, 07:44:17 am »
I have an andonstar one that looks similar to this but a bit more expensive. It has a "uv" filter attached in front of the camera so it protects the lens, and also the zoom is mechanical on the lens barrel. It's just about right for looking at SMD stuff, soldering, etc, but not much more. I think calling it a "microscope" is a bit of a stretch. The magnification is almost similar to what you can achieve using a smart phone camera zoomed in a little. If you have an older phone and have a stand / tripod / gorilla pod, give that a try first. But, this mustool one is cheap enough.

Online Kosmic

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2020, 12:01:07 pm »
FYI Defpom got the G600 a few years back:
https://youtu.be/frQ8-mYKVJ4?t=316

I have the one with the metal mount like the G1200. I sure hope the G1200 is a lot better than the G600, because for me the G600 doesn't even worth 10$. It's useless.

I'm starting to be fed up with all those fake paid product reviews on youtube. People are ready to do anything to receive more free stuff.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 12:33:21 pm by Kosmic »

Offline afm

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2020, 06:32:48 pm »
Any one got one of these?

MUSTOOL G1200

Video

Decided to buy one just to see if it's any good...

Did you like the microscope you bought?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf