Author Topic: Need help hacking DP832 for multicolour option.  (Read 151957 times)

dekagon and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline techymechy

Re: Need help hacking DP832 for multicolour option.
« Reply #375 on: August 23, 2020, 04:49:41 am »
Howdy,

I'm a complete novice in unlocking devices and pretty much a novice to this EE world.  I pretty much suck at software so C++, Linux, etc. is a mystery.

I am trying to start a new hobby of antique radio and TV repair.  My first *new* instrument was the Rigol DG1022Z.    I have successfully unlocked it so it is now a DC1062Z but I cannot figure out how to get the ARB16M installed.

I read through the threads and I saw that others were having the same issue, but I could not figure out how to enable this option.

Can someone please reply to my post, in great detail, on how to get ARB16M installed?   I don't need the granularity of  *breathe in, breath out* but I don't do well when big chunks of the instructions are left out.

I really appreciate your help. 

thanks,

Dave

Offline apelly

• Supporter
  • Probe
« Reply #376 on: August 23, 2020, 05:57:03 am »
Can someone please reply to my post
Dave, you should start a new thread with an appropriate topic, or find a thread specific to your problem. It's considered bad form to hijaak a thread with off topic posts.

Granted, this thread is related, but it is (well, ought to be...) specifically about the DP832

Welcome to the forum.

Offline techymechy

« Reply #377 on: August 23, 2020, 06:35:40 pm »
Hi Apelly, PeDre, et.al.,

Thanks for your responses.   Apelly, the reason why I posted on this thread is that this topic is covered in depth in this thread for the DG1022Z unlock (pages 11-15 and others).  I don't really consider my post as a hijacking of this thread - but I do agree that hijacking is poor form and should be avoided.

I've tried the method suggested by Vaiti for the unlocking of the DG1022Z:

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/need-help-hacking-dp832-for-multicolour-option/msg2582898/#msg2582898

and this indeed will unlock the higher DG1062 configuration and provides a Trial for the ARB16M.   The nice part of this is that I can change my serial number back and it the ARB16M becomes uninstalled and then I can revert to the neat DG1022Z configuration using TELNET commands.   This may be important if I have a warantee issue.   Luckily, the Rigol repair center is about 30 min from my house.   I highly expect I won't have a warantee issue so this is more of a peace of mind approach to get this functionality.

This really isn't that hard to unlock and thanks to Vaiti for summarizing the method.  I also appreciate the EEVblog contributors who contributed to this thread and who've answered my PM's for getting this done.   This is one of the reasons I am taking up this hobby - so I can learn.

Thanks again!

The following users thanked this post: Vaiti

Offline belzrebuth

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #378 on: August 23, 2020, 11:43:25 pm »
Here's a short guide on how to compile the modified riglol.c to generate the ARB16 licence.

1)Get a linux distribution working. (virtualbox is fine, 64 or 32 bits doesn't matter)

2)Download the attached riglol.c file.

3)Download miracl library from here :
   https://github.com/miracl/MIRACL

4)Make a new folder somewhere.

5) Open the terminal and navigate to the folder you've just created (or just type cd and then drop it in terminal and press enter).

Type:

unzip -j -aa -L (here drop the MIRACL-master.zip you've just downloaded to get its full path), press enter.
Answer "A" when asked.

This should extract the miracl .zip file to that folder.

6) Place the riglol.c file inside the folder containing all the miracl files you've just extracted.

7) Assuming you are using a debian based distro and while still in terminal type:

sudo apt-get install gcc-multilib (answer yes when asked) if you're not asked for anything you may have this already installed..

when done type:

sudo apt-get install g++ (also answer yes when asked)

and finally :

sudo apt-get install g++-multilib (answer yes when asked, again disregard this if it's already installed)

(I've tested this in a newly installed distro and this is all I needed in terms of dependencies, this may vary among various configurations. )

8 ) (we're in still in terminal)

Navigate to the directory you have unzipped the miracl.zip and type 'bash linux' or 'bash linux64' <- for 64bit (without the quotes) and wait for it to finish.
It seems like it's not doing much but it is.
It should finish without errors.

7)Type:
gcc -m32 riglol.c -I./ miracl.a -o riglol to build the riglol executable.
You can also type : gcc riglol.c -I./ miracl.a -o riglol if you're using a 64bit distro.

8)type ./riglol then type your serial number <space> 'JBNE' ,then press enter to run the program and generate the licence.

If you don't want to go through this just download Ubuntu for Windows from here:
https://ubuntu.com/wsl
Unzip the attached riglol_64 .zip file somewhere and using the Ubuntu terminal cd to that folder, then type: ./riglol <here you should enter your SN and options>

« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 07:58:28 am by belzrebuth »

Offline techymechy

« Reply #379 on: August 26, 2020, 07:01:28 am »
Very clear explanation belzrebuth!   Thank you for teaching!

The following users thanked this post: belzrebuth

Offline czecht

I need to hack my DP831 to unlock it all, if possible. I never done anything like this before, but if someone gives me exact info how to, I'll get it done, I think.
Thanks guys!

Offline Gandalf_Sr

• Super Contributor
I need to hack my DP831 to unlock it all, if possible. I never done anything like this before, but if someone gives me exact info how to, I'll get it done, I think.
Thanks guys!
My preference would be to use the 'magic' USB drive method.  You can then use Windows or Linux (whichever you prefer) to Telnet to the DP831 and convince it that it's a different model.

Read back into the thread - it's only 16 pages long.  I say read back as it's better to find a recent example of success than a much older one.
If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer

Offline kentarhos

« Reply #382 on: September 11, 2020, 04:09:07 pm »
Hi all  and sorry for my English.
I want to upgrade my dp832  to  dp832A.
I have to enable lan option to send commands via telnet.
When i insert any option  key from riglol i get  'Invalid serial number'  message

System info
Digital ver . 00.01.16.00.02
boot version 1.09
analog version 04.02.04.03.02.04  .

Am i doing something wrong?

EDIT ...   
OK , I  did it  using tossu method .
Thank you
« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 05:30:40 pm by kentarhos »

Offline ligteltelecom

« Reply #383 on: November 22, 2020, 02:43:46 pm »
Hi bro

This procedure will work with this version below?
My is DP832 (without A) need put Hight Resolution it.

System info
boot version 1.09
analog version 04.02.04.03.02.04  .

Did you solve your problem?  i have same model with same boot and firmware version.

Offline ligteltelecom

« Reply #384 on: November 22, 2020, 02:44:55 pm »
Very clear explanation belzrebuth!   Thank you for teaching!

Hi bro

This procedure will work with this version below?
My is DP832 (without A) need put Hight Resolution it.

System info
boot version 1.09
analog version 04.02.04.03.02.04

Problem solved with Tossu keyfile.bin and ultra sigma sending Scpi command by usb cable.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 06:44:22 pm by ligteltelecom »

Offline joeyjoejoe

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #385 on: December 09, 2020, 03:56:03 pm »
To update your Rigol DL3021 to DL3021A, here is the complete procedure, without the need of buying the LAN option...
You need:
-Computer with RS232 port
-USB stick formatted in FAT32 with the file keyfile.bin from Tossu (many thanks for the hack !)
-Cross cabel RS232 female-female (2->3; 3->2; 5->5)
-Free software Termite from Compuphase (https://www.compuphase.com/software_termite.htm)

Connect everything together. Start the computer first and launch Termite.
Termite Serial port settings:
-Port COM1 (depend on your computer)
-Baud rate 9600
-Data bits 8
-Stop bits 1
-Parity none
-Flow control none
-Forward none
-Transmitted text Append CR-LF

Turn on the DL3021
To check the connection, you can try to type *IDN? in the Termite command line.
He will return the model of your device.
Type in Termite :PROJ:SET MODEL,DL3021A
That all  :D

Regarding 3021 to 3031 hack, if we add the missing MOSFET's will it work? Can anyone who's confident in their RIGOL hacking try setting the model to DL3031A to see if it even boots up? (No need to test load yet, but just see if that is enough to make it think it's DL3031A)

I'm willing to try it if there's a way to un-brick things... not confident in my skills :)

Offline ZVI

« Reply #386 on: February 10, 2021, 06:57:37 am »
Good day! Help! Help! A week ago I received my device. Can't change the model type of my DP832. Installed the program ULTRA SIGMSA connected via USB. I send the command: PROJ: SET MODEL, DP832A. the device displays the message "command entered incorrectly" tried in different versions the answer is always the same. if the device does not give such a message, then the ultra sigma program generates an error. unfortunately my knowledge of programming is too small to win on my own. I will be grateful for any hint and help in solving this problem.

Offline belzrebuth

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #387 on: February 10, 2021, 07:01:34 am »
Is the USB stick correct?
Which way did you use to make it?
This is most likely the problem since Ultra Sigma seems to recognise the instrument.

The following users thanked this post: ZVI

Offline ZVI

« Reply #388 on: February 10, 2021, 07:12:06 am »
I formatted 10 different USB drives and uploaded key file.bin to them. the device sees the USB carrier. ultra sigma sees device on command * IDN? gives back his number.

Offline ZVI

« Reply #389 on: February 10, 2021, 07:44:45 am »
anyone have any ideas for my problem?

Offline belzrebuth

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #390 on: February 10, 2021, 11:20:12 am »
I still think that your USB stick might not be correct.
Did you try flashing the file on page 11 (post #3) of this thread with an imager program?
Or you just formatted the stick and put the .bin file in?
Since the instrument does not recognise the command and it is actually communicating with the software I don't see what else might be wrong except from your USB drive formatting method.
Can you upload a screenshot of your USB "properties" window?

« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 11:22:54 am by belzrebuth »

Offline Gandalf_Sr

• Super Contributor
« Reply #391 on: February 10, 2021, 12:39:11 pm »
I formatted 10 different USB drives and uploaded key file.bin to them. the device sees the USB carrier. ultra sigma sees device on command * IDN? gives back his number.

The syntax is :PROJ:SET MODEL, DP832A it looks like you may have that wrong.

If that doesn't work then, when I had the same issue, it was the USB drive.  Go back and look at my post #245. 

Don't ask me why some drives work and others don't but I had the same issue, if you see a message pop up on the screen of the PSU when you issue the :PROJ:SET command but can get a normal response to *IDN then it's the USB drive.  I have a post further back in this thread that gives more details.
If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer

Offline joeyjoejoe

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #392 on: February 10, 2021, 01:21:21 pm »

Offline ZVI

« Reply #393 on: February 11, 2021, 06:46:38 am »
Thank you very much to everyone who came to my aid and helped me solve this problem. I probably did not read this topic carefully, so I missed the need to use Win32 Disk Imager. Now everything is fine, now I have DP 832A and many thanks to everyone. I have a birthday soon and I made myself a small gift bought DP832, DG4062, MSO5074, DL3021 I want to do this operation with the rest of the devices, I hope everything will be fine. Once again, I would like to thank everyone for their help.

Offline joeyjoejoe

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #394 on: February 11, 2021, 01:41:42 pm »
The image and comment about Win32 disk imager REALLY needs to get stickied/added to the first page. It makes things bulletproof.

Offline MoriDove

« Reply #395 on: February 12, 2021, 11:45:35 pm »
Hello, I apologize for writing off topic
Tell me is there a way to hack the DG4000 series?

Online RoGeorge

• Super Contributor
« Reply #396 on: February 13, 2021, 12:09:59 am »

Yes, there is!  Mine is a DG4202 now, very grateful for that, thank you again tv84.   :D
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/dg4000-a-firmware-investigation/msg2829452/#msg2829452

Offline MoriDove

« Reply #397 on: February 13, 2021, 01:27:40 am »

Yes, there is!  Mine is a DG4202 now, very grateful for that, thank you again tv84.   :D
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/dg4000-a-firmware-investigation/msg2829452/#msg2829452
thank!

Offline mike_drz

« Reply #398 on: March 08, 2021, 02:41:14 am »
Thanks everybody!  Was able to unlock my DG1022 to DG1062, special thanks to tossu and Gandalf_Sr, your posts were very help in the process.  I had a hell of a time establishing a telnet connection, I had to directly connect my sig gen to my gateway for it to work.  Now I'm viewing my beautiful 60 MHz sin wave on my unlocked Rigol scope.  lol

Offline thushku

« Reply #399 on: April 03, 2021, 09:18:21 am »
To update your Rigol DL3021 to DL3021A, here is the complete procedure, without the need of buying the LAN option...
You need:
-Computer with RS232 port
-USB stick formatted in FAT32 with the file keyfile.bin from Tossu (many thanks for the hack !)
-Cross cabel RS232 female-female (2->3; 3->2; 5->5)
-Free software Termite from Compuphase (https://www.compuphase.com/software_termite.htm)

Connect everything together. Start the computer first and launch Termite.
Termite Serial port settings:
-Port COM1 (depend on your computer)
-Baud rate 9600
-Data bits 8
-Stop bits 1
-Parity none
-Flow control none
-Forward none
-Transmitted text Append CR-LF

Turn on the DL3021
To check the connection, you can try to type *IDN? in the Termite command line.
He will return the model of your device.
Type in Termite :PROJ:SET MODEL,DL3021A
That all  :D

Important : For RS232 Communication with PC and DL3021 you can use RS232 Cross cable (2->3; 3->2; 5->5) as mentioned above .
But in case of DP832 you have to use Straight Connection (2->2;3->3;5->5) .

Not sure why Rigol decided to use two types of RS232 Cables ...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf