Author Topic: Need help with restoring License eeprom Lecroy 7200A Wavepro  (Read 5932 times)

Offline hpw

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Need help with restoring License eeprom Lecroy 7200A Wavepro
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2023, 11:58:16 am »
Maybe you sketch has a bug or the clock rate is too fast.  ...

So to me it looks like 1) your sketch has a bug but otherwise 2) the contents of your EEPROM are correct.

Well, this comes to my conclusion, that no ScopeId is stored on that EEProm or I am wrong as only license keys stored?

As long this ScopeId is  is wrong, no deal to decode the options keys.

Offline hpw

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2023, 01:25:06 pm »

Just to see if all else is good and the only thing missing is the acceptance of the licenses, I would calculate the licenses for ScopeID = FFFFFF-C4 and flash them in the EEPROM.   ;)

Well, any hint where the 3 ScopeID digits are placed, as EEProm location as 

Example 1:

ScopeId =x1x2x3 [?] = x1; [?] = x2; [?] = x3 really address as on EEProm... or are the ASCI coded as the options?

Example 2:

As from a different DSO dump: The Scopy ID is complete incorrect

00000000   F0 00 00 01 02 00 00 02 00 00 FF FF 00 00 42 38  ð.............B8
00000010   34 33 39 36 41 38 36 38 43 31 34 43 42 34 00 01  4396A868C14CB4..

Online tv84

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2023, 02:45:30 pm »
Example 1:

ScopeId =x1x2x3 [?] = x1; [?] = x2; [?] = x3 really address as on EEProm... or are the ASCI coded as the options?

Example 2:

As from a different DSO dump: The Scopy ID is complete incorrect

00000000   F0 00 00 01 02 00 00 02 00 00 FF FF 00 00 42 38  ð.............B8
00000010   34 33 39 36 41 38 36 38 43 31 34 43 42 34 00 01  4396A868C14CB4..

1. The options have ScopeID inside (the correct one).

2. Where did you get this dump? Place here the whole dump (or via pm).

Offline ollopa

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2023, 04:50:01 pm »
Sorry hpw, I joined this thread to help DaJMasta fix his scope, not explain to you about the scope id  ^-^  Try shorting your EEPROM data line to GND or pulling it high with a small resistor and see what happens.  An inquisitive mind with the reading skills of a bassoonist should be able to figure it out if he tried a bit.

Offline hpw

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2023, 06:11:37 pm »

1. The options have ScopeID inside (the correct one).

2. Where did you get this dump? Place here the whole dump (or via pm).

1) YES this known.... so the ScopeID reading from the first or any options key??

2) This was already given within "LeCroy Recovery" thread. In addition the mentioned EEProm Reset Tool   :-+

So as @ollopa mentioned, if the the contents is marked as trash, now way to clear the contents and enter the options key as from scratch.

This is IMHO all very scare as looking about a dog  :-DD

Offline DaJMasta

• Super Contributor
    • medpants.com
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2023, 05:40:53 am »
Well, it appears ollopa was right on the money - it took me some time to get back to it, but I reflowed and reinspected the chip, reconnected the card and cables, and it read as a 7300 with the correct options!  I've also removed the fan controller/touchscreen controller board and basically just wiggled the touchscreen flex connector and the screen calibrates again.  I will be applying some hot glue to some connectors internally, and will need to test a couple more times, then put the top back on and shake it around good and test again, but it appears my problems have been solved.

I've seen other intermittent faults with contacts and whatnot on these scopes before (this one even wouldn't boot until the RAM was reseated), but I wonder if this unit was dropped or something - it seems like quite a few contacts were slightly ajar and I don't see any signs of corrosion or a humid environment or something.

As for the incomplete EEPROM dump, I used the onewireProxy sketch, but had modified the read function to use Serial.print instead of Serial.write, since it allowed for me to define the output over serial as hex instead of just as a character, and I wonder if the timing of returning two characters through that interface messed with the timing of reading from the onewire interface.  I doubt it was significant delay in the reading of it from the MCU's side just because the functions seem to only read until the dump is complete, and since the bit-banging of the Arduino's onewire interface is already going to be substantially lower data rate than the EEPROM is capable of.  I reworked the sketch to instead do two separate operations - one reading everything into an array, and then a second returning it all to the serial port - so if that was the problem, it would be worked around (and the original sketch appears to be written for absolutely minimum hardware, so there's plenty of memory available), but since I didn't have to remove it to inspect it, haven't tried the new variant.

I'd rather not keep the top off for too many more days, but if it would be helpful to try and get a complete 512 byte dump of the EEPROM, now confirmed working, let me know and I'll try and make a complete copy.

The following users thanked this post: nctnico

Offline ollopa

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2023, 06:54:53 am »
I'm glad you got it repaired :)  I have no need for a dump -- there's nothing it could reveal that I don't already know.  So I say button it up and enjoy!

Offline hpw

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2023, 02:04:59 pm »

As for the incomplete EEPROM dump, I used the onewireProxy sketch, but had modified the read function to use Serial.print instead of Serial.write, .....

I'd rather not keep the top off for too many more days, but if it would be helpful to try and get a complete 512 byte dump of the EEPROM, now confirmed working, let me know and I'll try and make a complete copy.

Hmm, did you used any python scripts running on target W2K/XP system, so I get any chance to dump it once..

Offline DaJMasta

• Super Contributor
    • medpants.com
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2023, 11:34:23 pm »
Nope, no python scripts whatsoever.  I just used an arduino and connected up the DS2433 to it out of circuit, then used a sketch that used the OneWire library to read from it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf