Author Topic: New 2ch pocket DSO+SG - Zeeweii DSO2512G  (Read 106425 times)

Aldo22, djadeski and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online wasedadoc

• Super Contributor
Re: New 2ch pocket DSO+SG - Zeeweii DSO2512G
« Reply #575 on: March 21, 2024, 12:46:49 pm »
can't save XY mode
Neither can its close relative, the Zeeweii DSO3D12.

Online Aldo22

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #576 on: March 21, 2024, 01:36:15 pm »
can't save XY mode

True.
With an AV capture card you can take a screenshot on the PC.
However, the image is slightly blurred.

Offline pawol

« Reply #577 on: March 25, 2024, 08:55:16 am »
@marcs18
I got the same issue but in my case it was my fault. I overloaded by high voltage input 1 of DSO2512. I had to replace GS8091 opamp which I found on aliexpress ($4 for 5 pieces of GS8091 including shipment).
Temporarily you can use 8091 removed from signal generator circuit.

https://pl.aliexpress.com/item/1005005629917770.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.5.61ab1c2463OJzt&gatewayAdapt=glo2pol
« Last Edit: March 25, 2024, 08:57:36 am by pawol »

Offline pawol

« Reply #578 on: March 25, 2024, 12:51:05 pm »
Many thanks to @timschuerewegen and his discord
Now I am happy user of hw ver9.14 and his 1.3.0c mod :)

Offline Sham73

• Contributor
« Reply #579 on: April 22, 2024, 01:52:31 pm »
Hello, does the subject have a digital zoom function and an external trigger?

Online Aldo22

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #580 on: April 22, 2024, 02:48:01 pm »
Hello, does the subject have a digital zoom function and an external trigger?
digital zoom: Yes
external trigger: No, I think that's rather rare with cheap handheld oscilloscopes.  ;)

The following users thanked this post: Sham73

Online BillyO

• Super Contributor
« Reply #581 on: April 22, 2024, 04:34:58 pm »
It seems that at best this scope is just a DSO3D12 without the DMM built in, a smaller screen and missing a few minor features and is yet only about $9 less.

Given that, what is the compelling reason to buy this over the DSO3D12?
Bill  (Currently a Siglent fanboy)
--------------------------------------------------
Want to see an old guy fumble around re-learning a career left 40 years ago?  Well, look no further .. https://www.youtube.com/@uni-byte

Online Aldo22

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #582 on: April 22, 2024, 04:53:29 pm »
It seems that at best this scope is just a DSO3D12 without the DMM built in, a smaller screen and missing a few minor features and is yet only about $9 less.

The two are very similar, but the DSO2512G has at least two advantages:
- It has a video output, which I find very handy for recording videos without a camera and/or enlarging the small screen with a monitor.
- It has a 10MHz (sine wave) signal generator vs. 2MHz on the DSO3D12.
- It also has a rubbery holster and is a little smaller afaics. You can put it on the air filter of a running car engine without hesitation. It wouldn't fall off.

Maybe there are more differences.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 05:19:55 pm by Aldo22 »

The following users thanked this post: BillyO

Online BillyO

• Super Contributor
« Reply #583 on: April 22, 2024, 05:02:36 pm »

The two are very similar, but the DSO2512G has at least two advantages:
- It has a video output, which I find very handy for recording videos without a camera and/or enlarging the small screen with a monitor.
- It has a 10MHz (sine wave) signal generator vs. 2MHz on the DSO3D12.

Maybe there are more differences.
Well that video out is a clear advantage.

The generator on the DSO3D12 will do 5MHz sine, 2MHz everything else.  But, 10MHz is a bit better.

Thanks.
Bill  (Currently a Siglent fanboy)
--------------------------------------------------
Want to see an old guy fumble around re-learning a career left 40 years ago?  Well, look no further .. https://www.youtube.com/@uni-byte

Offline Sham73

• Contributor
« Reply #584 on: April 22, 2024, 08:20:09 pm »
digital zoom: Yes
external trigger: No, I think that's rather rare with cheap handheld oscilloscopes.  ;)
Thanks

I'm interested in a couple more questions.  First: Is it possible to use xy-mode to determine the in-circuit health of components, as an analog oscilloscope can do with the help of a small add-on?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 08:31:46 pm by Sham73 »

Online Aldo22

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #585 on: April 22, 2024, 10:26:24 pm »
I'm interested in a couple more questions.  First: Is it possible to use xy-mode to determine the in-circuit health of components, as an analog oscilloscope can do with the help of a small add-on?
I don't know about "in-circuit", but this video shows how to use the XY mode of the Zeeweii to test components:
https://youtu.be/kEuixDsiCW0?t=1550

The following users thanked this post: RAPo, Sham73

Offline chemary

• Contributor
    • CheMaRy Web Page
« Reply #586 on: April 23, 2024, 10:43:20 am »

For my the major reason to buy it vs the DSO3D12 was the form factor, I already have a better oscilloscope and a better DMM so I just wanted an small and portable oscilloscope. In your case if you are not concerned about it's bigger size it may be a better option.

The following users thanked this post: Aldo22

Offline Sham73

• Contributor
« Reply #587 on: April 24, 2024, 11:37:56 am »
I don't know about "in-circuit", but this video shows how to use the XY mode of the Zeeweii to test components:
https://youtu.be/kEuixDsiCW0?t=1550
Thanks for the link. I watched this video.  True, the serviceability of the parts is not determined in-circuit. There are several Russian videos about in-circuit determination of the serviceability of parts for the XY mode using a homemade attachment. But everywhere we talk about analog oscilloscopes. I wanted to find out whether it is possible to determine details using such a digital 2-channel device or not.

Online Aldo22

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #588 on: April 24, 2024, 11:54:56 am »
I wanted to find out whether it is possible to determine details using such a digital 2-channel device or not.

I'm not an expert, but I don't see why there should be a difference between digital and analog in this case. They just measure voltages.
The problem is probably more with the "stimulus" and the probes.

Perhaps an SMD tester like the Mastech MS8911 would be suitable?

Offline Sham73

• Contributor
« Reply #589 on: Yesterday at 08:19:59 am »
I wanted to find out whether it is possible to determine details using such a digital 2-channel device or not.

I'm not an expert, but I don't see why there should be a difference between digital and analog in this case. They just measure voltages.
The problem is probably more with the "stimulus" and the probes.
Perhaps an SMD tester like the Mastech MS8911 would be suitable?
I also think that there should be no difference between analog and two-channel digital in this regard. As for the Mastech MS8911, it is an ordinary multimeter made in a pliers form factor, and therefore it will not be able to determine parts in-circuit.
In a word, I purchased Zeeweii DSO2512G (V9.15). I liked it - a fairly high-quality device. But I had a couple of questions: 1) What does “RTAuto” mean in the upper right corner of the screen, which appears when you long press the Auto button.
P.S. I wanted to send images of my board and "RTAuto", but I couldn't. How can I send an image here when replying to a post?
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 08:26:49 am by Sham73 »

Online Aldo22

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #590 on: Yesterday at 09:11:10 am »
1) What does “RTAuto” mean in the upper right corner of the screen, which appears when you long press the Auto button.
I don't have this on my older FW version.
I assume it means "real time auto".
So it does "auto" whenever the signal changes without you pressing the button. Just a guess.
Try if the scales change automatically with different frequencies or amplitudes.

P.S. I wanted to send images of my board and "RTAuto", but I couldn't. How can I send an image here when replying to a post?
-> Attachments and other options

The following users thanked this post: Sham73

Offline Sham73

• Contributor
« Reply #591 on: Yesterday at 09:58:23 am »
So it does "auto" whenever the signal changes without you pressing the button. Just a guess.
Try if the scales change automatically with different frequencies or amplitudes.
Thanks, I will try..

I had a couple of questions:
2) I have 2 video capture adapters.  One of them is working, the other is not. It turns on when you twist or press the board in a certain way, but not always. Upon careful examination, I did not find any contact failure on the board.  Therefore, I want to compare both adapters on an oscilloscope. I want to ask: can I simultaneously check both adapters with both probes, connecting each of them to its own minus, or is this not possible?
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 10:00:09 am by Sham73 »

Online wasedadoc

• Super Contributor
« Reply #592 on: Yesterday at 11:11:21 am »
1) What does “RTAuto” mean in the upper right corner of the screen, which appears when you long press the Auto button.
That guess is correct.

The following users thanked this post: Aldo22

Online Aldo22

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #593 on: Yesterday at 12:09:38 pm »
I want to ask: can I simultaneously check both adapters with both probes, connecting each of them to its own minus, or is this not possible?

I don't know exactly what you mean.
The Zeeweii itself is not grounded (earth) when it runs on battery, but of course the two BNC grounds (minus) are connected in the oscilloscope.
Maybe someone else can help.

Online pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #594 on: Yesterday at 12:18:26 pm »
2) I have 2 video capture adapters.  One of them is working, the other is not. It turns on when you twist or press the board in a certain way, but not always. Upon careful examination, I did not find any contact failure on the board.  Therefore, I want to compare both adapters on an oscilloscope. I want to ask: can I simultaneously check both adapters with both probes, connecting each of them to its own minus, or is this not possible?

As long as the 2 video capture adapters share a common ground you will be fine, but make sure the ground of the probes are connected to the same ground potential.

Are these video capture adapters USB devices? If so it is best to connect then to the same computer for performing these tests. Then the ground potentials will be more or less the same.  Connecting the probe grounds to the separate devices will cause ground loops and this might lead to incorrect measurements, but the scope you are using is not the most accurate either.  >:D

Offline Sham73

• Contributor
« Reply #595 on: Yesterday at 02:07:03 pm »

As long as the 2 video capture adapters share a common ground you will be fine, but make sure the ground of the probes are connected to the same ground potential.

Are these video capture adapters USB devices? If so it is best to connect then to the same computer for performing these tests. Then the ground potentials will be more or less the same.  Connecting the probe grounds to the separate devices will cause ground loops and this might lead to incorrect measurements, but the scope you are using is not the most accurate either.  >:D
Yes, USB adapters - UTV-007.  To receive the same signals, I want to connect their RCA connectors through a splitter to one video signal source - an analog video camera or an old Japanese VCR, and USB connectors to a smartphone and tablet. Although, I probably don’t need to connect it to my tablet or smartphone - I think this will not change the signal.
What is its inaccuracy?  I thought it was only inaccurate at high frequencies.

Online pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #596 on: Yesterday at 03:27:21 pm »
Yes, USB adapters - UTV-007.  To receive the same signals, I want to connect their RCA connectors through a splitter to one video signal source - an analog video camera or an old Japanese VCR, and USB connectors to a smartphone and tablet. Although, I probably don’t need to connect it to my tablet or smartphone - I think this will not change the signal.
What is its inaccuracy?  I thought it was only inaccurate at high frequencies.

Then it is no problem. The ground will be equal due to the input signal splitter. You will still need to power the adapter to be able to follow the signal through active components.

I don't know what the accuracy of this scope is, but doubt it will be less then 3%. All these cheap Chinese scopes use cheap components and have somewhat crappy designs.

Online Aldo22

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #597 on: Yesterday at 03:44:57 pm »
I don't know what the accuracy of this scope is, but doubt it will be less then 3%. All these cheap Chinese scopes use cheap components and have somewhat crappy designs.

Newer firmware can be calibrated manually.
I once took a few measurements here:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/new-2ch-pocket-dsosg-sigpeak-dso2512g/msg5087293/#msg5087293
I think that's quite all right. It's a scope and a cheap one at that.

Offline Sham73

• Contributor
« Reply #598 on: Yesterday at 04:57:01 pm »

Newer firmware can be calibrated manually.
I once took a few measurements here:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/new-2ch-pocket-dsosg-sigpeak-dso2512g/msg5087293/#msg5087293
I think that's quite all right. It's a scope and a cheap one at that.
What is the newest firmware?

Online Aldo22

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #599 on: Yesterday at 05:12:11 pm »
What is the newest firmware?
I don't know, probably 1.3.0c.
Try this (instructions by ptluis)

**Open user calibration function.
How to perform AC Gain calibration:
1. The oscilloscope measures the 2.5V 1Khz sin waveform. Observe the "PKPK" measurement item.
2. Open Menu-> Meas, then press the CH1CH2 button, and then long press the [mV] key to enter the AC Gain calibration mode.
3. The UP DOWN button is used to increase/decrease the CH1 Gain until the "PKPK" voltage is equal to or close to the voltage of the signal generator.
4. The LEFT RIGHT button is used to increase/decrease the CH2 Gain until the "PKPK" voltage is equal to or close to the voltage of the signal generator.
5. Press the OK button to exit and complete the calibration.

How to perform DC offset calibration:
1. The oscilloscope measures the DC power supply. Observe the "Mean" measurement item.
2. Open Menu-> Meas, then press the CH1CH2 button, and then long press the [V] key to enter the DC offset calibration mode.
3. The UP / DOWN button is used to increase/decrease the CH1 dc offset until the "Mean" voltage is equal to or close to the voltage of the multimeter.
4. The LEFT / RIGHT button is used to increase/decrease the CH2 dc offset until the "Mean" voltage is equal to or close to the voltage of the multimeter.
5. Press the OK button to exit and complete the calibration.
Different vertical sensitivities use different calibration parameters, so they need to be calibrated separately.

**add [ZOOM]
Long press the "s" key to turn on/off Zoom mode.
(Zoom is not supported when roll mode or cursor is on\
It is recommended to exit Zoom mode before shutting down to avoid measure item are cleared)

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/new-2ch-pocket-dsosg-sigpeak-dso2512g/msg5083081/#msg5083081

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf