Author Topic: New Agilent Oscilloscopes  (Read 24015 times)

Offline shadowless

• Regular Contributor
Re: New Agilent Oscilloscopes
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2011, 12:45:09 am »
I am going to pull the trigger on the 2000x scope. Going to get a 70mhz 4 channel model.

Just wondering if it would be better to pay 300 more for a 100mhz version or 700 more for the 8 digital channels? 

Any advice?

Offline tnt

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2011, 05:41:31 am »
Highly depend on what you want to do with it ...

If you're going to work a lot with digital stuff on which you only need to see the logic levels, or on some stuff (either analog or digital fast enough) where you want to see signal integrity or such.

Offline _Sin

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2011, 09:24:47 am »
Highly depend on what you want to do with it ...

If you're going to work a lot with digital stuff on which you only need to see the logic levels, or on some stuff (either analog or digital fast enough) where you want to see signal integrity or such.

Given that the option prices don't look much different to the difference in prices between the respective versions of scope, it might make more sense to buy the lower-bandwidth scope and pay for the upgrade. That way you get the extra probes, which might come in handy (or the lower-spec ones could be resold to get back some of the money).

Programmer with a soldering iron - fear me.

Offline mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2011, 10:45:26 am »
I am going to pull the trigger on the 2000x scope. Going to get a 70mhz 4 channel model.

Just wondering if it would be better to pay 300 more for a 100mhz version or 700 more for the 8 digital channels? 

Any advice?
Assuming the upgrades are the same price later as at the time of purchase. I suggest starting with the basic model and seeing what you find you need. Having said that there may be some scope for haggling with the dealer to throw in some discounted upgrades to get the sale, if you drop some hints that you're looking at the competition as well... 
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

Offline shadowless

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2011, 02:16:14 pm »
Thanks for the great advice. Might be getting a good discount on the 2004A and 2014A model so thinking about which one as a starter.  30mhz bandwidth doesn't seems a big difference. I don't do stuff that require high bandwidth at the moment but never know when i will need them. Started with a single channel portable scope and realised that i need more channels for my digital+analogue signal tuning/phasing.

I suppose if 4 channel is insufficient at least i still have the option of adding digital channel later to free the analogue channels up.

One thing i never heard mention much is the start up timing of the scope, some pre-production scope seems to take 12mins to boot up and was suppose to reduce to 4mins, isn't that long compare to other scopes?

Offline tnt

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2011, 02:19:58 pm »
4 min ??? No way.

My 3000X takes 30-45 sec to boot.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf