Author Topic: New ATTEN DSO discovered  (Read 5063 times)

Offline tinheadTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • If you like my hacks, send me a donation
New ATTEN DSO discovered
« on: July 19, 2013, 06:19:47 pm »
while playing with the GPL sources from Hantek DSO5000P series i found a boot logo (with recent date/timestamp) named ATTEN.

So far nothing special, but yesterday while playing arround with latest firmware for these DSO5000P models i found lot of functions having at the end of name "_atten". I wasn't thinking any deeper about, but then remembered the bootlogo, so i oppened it and "boom!", i think discovered something.

It looks like Tekway/Hantek is producing (or will soon do, heh, i hope i will not destroy the contract whith this posting) DSOs for ATTEN, look on the attached pictures!

Sure, i already reported that they producing DSOs for other "manufacturers", like Protec, Voltcraft, AKIP, Zhongce, Falcon India, Aplab ... and of course all the best ISO9001 company Extech :P

But ATTEN is a "wow effect", i always thought ATTEN was developing own gears before Siglent told me "no, they not, we doing it for them".
What happened to the contract with Siglent (hello dear Siglent support, did you know anything?), i thought Siglent would produce for ATTEN for the next 100 yrs.

Probably Tekway/Hantek will be bit pissed off now (the last time as i discovered the deal with Extech they stopped me for few months), but hey, it wasn't me again - you guys posted DSO5000P GPL sources together with all these bootlogos :P
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 06:28:20 pm by tinhead »
I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter ...
I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me.

Offline echen1024

• Super Contributor
  • 15 yo Future EE
Re: New ATTEN DSO discovered
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 09:10:11 pm »
From what I know, Atten doesn't produce anthing of their own...
I'm not saying we should kill all stupid people. I'm just saying that we should remove all product safety labels and let natural selection do its work.

https://www.youtube.com/user/echen1024

Offline MrAureliusR

• Supporter
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 03:27:41 am »
Is it possible the _atten is for attenuation? Or some other suffix?
--------------------------------------
Canadian hacker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 09:24:27 am »
Is it possible the _atten is for attenuation? Or some other suffix?

sure, the first thing i thought when i saw "_atten" was like you said.

But the boot logo said everything, it looks like/for ATTEN, even the DSO naming looks like what ATTEN is currently using - ADS1102CAL
I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter ...
I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 02:37:56 pm »
Hantek posted today new DSO5000P GPL sources link, no wonder, all ATTEN logos/includes has been removed ^^

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf