Author Topic: Need help choosing equipment for Electronics Lab  (Read 698 times)

Offline asperisedTopic starter

• Contributor
Need help choosing equipment for Electronics Lab
« on: March 10, 2023, 01:58:12 pm »
Hello everyone,

I have been asked to choose the test equipment for my workplace electronics lab. So far we have been getting away with using just multimeters, cheap logic analysers, cheap dc power supplies, rented oscilloscopes, etc. but now that we have started designing our own PCBs and power electronics/microcontrollers/fpga circuits we feel we are in need of better equipment (esp after losing an expensive component to a malfunctioning power supply). I have been put in charge of choosing the equipment for this lab upgrade. So far based on my research I have come to a couple of conclusions based on our workflow.

We need an oscilloscope mainly for analysing digital signals from a microcontroller/FPGA, characterising and benchmarking power supply circuits. I think a 4ch 200MHz oscilloscope with logic analyser functionality should be more than enough for this task. The thing is that there are so many of these oscilloscopes at so many different price points it's getting difficult narrowing down on a single product.

For the power supply I was looking at the SPD3303X-E from Siglent. Seems to be good enough from the reviews and Daves teardown.

For the logic analyser I was looking at Digilent digital discovery or something in that price range.

We need a electronic load and they seem to be somewhat expensive as well. Would require your help in choosing one.

Would be great if you can help me out. If you need any information from me besides what I've put up here please let me know as well.
If there is magic on earth it's in the air

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf