Products > Test Equipment

New Hantek DSO2X1X models?

<< < (223/231) > >>

vistorik:

--- Quote from: DavidAlfa on August 10, 2022, 07:43:54 pm ---Yeap, mainly done to make it harder to copy, just like the Lemontree FPGA you won't find anywhere  :D

--- End quote ---
Are you kidding?

dirtmover:

--- Quote from: rawrs on August 09, 2022, 11:24:41 am ---Now for the real question. I know I can get one of these for <$400 or so, but I'm wondering if I should pony up for the Jaycar model. I feel much more secure with the idea of buying an expensive instrument like this from a B&M store, even if the pricing is a tad outrageous. $549 is at the upper end of my budget, and I am happy to pay the premium for peace of mind. But TL;DR main question is: If I buy the Jaycar branded scope, will I be able to just chuck the normal 1st party Hantek updates on this? I can't imagine not being able to, but I figured I'd ask. In case nobody has done this, I guess I'd be happy enough being a guinea pig and trying it on mine when I do buy it, I just figured someone might have tried this. Lastly and frankly, I don't really want to wait for a scope to come from China anyway. I am far too impatient, have been wanting a real oscilloscope literally forever as far as my hobby is concerned, so I absolutely plan on having one of these on my desk the literal second the money hits my bank account. :P

--- End quote ---

It's very unlikely there's a HW difference in which case there's no reason that it shouldn't work. The real question is do you want to just chuck the normal 1st party Hantek updates on it? I personally don't get a warm feeling that a SW update from Hantek is going to be an upgrade. They do a terrible job of verification, breaking working features while not really providing significant improvements. To make matters worse they refuse to provide the release notes so that users can make informed decisions. The way I look at it is I know the limitations of the SW I have installed and unless someone gives me a compelling reason to install something newer I'm not going to waste my time. Don't be fooled into believing they're putting any resources into their products just 'cause they have a lot of stuff out there.

Your impatience is coming at a high price considering you can go to Banggood and buy the 2C10 for $280 shipped and hack it up to a 2D15 for no additional cost. After all, this is about all this scope is worth at the end of the day. In the unlikely event that you're unlucky enough to receive a 2C10 without the AWG components you still have ~$270 to spend on a much more capable stand alone AWG if you need one. Let's face it, the inbuilt AWG is little more than a toy.

What are Jaycar giving you other than the opportunity to buy locally and quickly? Do they provide any product support or warranty support? I suspect they will just be a middle man and it's going to come back to what Hantek provide which is frankly very little. But you already know that.

Once you account for the lack of support, shitty SW, noise issues, poor triggering, memory depth limitations, measurement limitations, barely functioning protocol decoding, a whole bunch of frustration etc etc it's still a not a bad deal for <$300 but I wouldn't pay much more than that for it.

DavidAlfa:

--- Quote from: vistorik on August 10, 2022, 08:16:06 pm ---
--- Quote from: DavidAlfa on August 10, 2022, 07:43:54 pm ---Yeap, mainly done to make it harder to copy, just like the Lemontree FPGA you won't find anywhere  :D

--- End quote ---
Are you kidding?

--- End quote ---
No, try finding a "LemonTree 2090", it doesn't exist, you can't buy  it anywhere  ;)
So you can't copy a design if you can't source the parts, did I explain now?
Yeah, we do know it's a relabeled Gowin part because I ran the JTAG on it, but otherwise it still would be an unknown part.

pu6k1n:
Interestingly, Hantek engineers will ever guess in such oscilloscopes with a generator like dso2d15 to add a frequency response meter function?

daf0x:

--- Quote from: dirtmover on August 10, 2022, 08:41:44 pm ---
--- Quote from: rawrs on August 09, 2022, 11:24:41 am ---Now for the real question. I know I can get one of these for <$400 or so, but I'm wondering if I should pony up for the Jaycar model. ...

--- End quote ---

Once you account for the lack of support, shitty SW, noise issues, poor triggering, memory depth limitations, measurement limitations, barely functioning protocol decoding, a whole bunch of frustration etc etc it's still a not a bad deal for <$300 but I wouldn't pay much more than that for it.

--- End quote ---
I just want to second @dirtmover's conclusion, he summarized it well. As my first hobby scope I like it for what it is, but I can definitely see where it cuts corners compared to a more expensive brand. I think someone else on this forum also made the point that for the price it's probably a good way to try things out. Even if you end up buying a better scope in a year, you'll only have spent $280 but you'll know what you want/need from your first 'real' scope.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version