Author Topic: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?  (Read 346265 times)

kipigor7 and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline imk

• Regular Contributor
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #225 on: May 27, 2021, 03:26:42 pm »
Please note when i downloaded it, it is dso3kb_20210510 by name
However after installing it it reports 20210416 in the scope util system menu
It is however 5kb smaller on disk according to my PC than dso3kb_20210416
So make of that what you want and don't blame me if it bricks your scope

Lastly this link is TWO days old now  and no idea how long it will be about.

https://www.filemail.com/d/qcmkjdtleqlkhpb
1201 Alarm

Offline xuraax

• Contributor
« Reply #226 on: May 27, 2021, 05:47:51 pm »
@IMK.  thanks for the link. You need not worry unduly if this software has bugs. After all we all willingly opted to go for  a low cost DSO which we can afford and this inherently means we have to accept the scope as is.

From my point of view I would never be able to justify  the Tektronix equivalent especially due to the fact that for me it is just a hobby. Therefore having to live with a few bugs for me is better than no Scope at all.

Regards

Offline imk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #227 on: May 27, 2021, 06:15:30 pm »
@IMK.  thanks for the link. You need not worry unduly if this software has bugs. After all we all willingly opted to go for  a low cost DSO which we can afford and this inherently means we have to accept the scope as is.

From my point of view I would never be able to justify  the Tektronix equivalent especially due to the fact that for me it is just a hobby. Therefore having to live with a few bugs for me is better than no Scope at all.

Regards

xuraax, for me electronic/software is just a hobby now so can't justify spending 20k on top of range scopes etc.
But this little Hantek is great, I take my hat off to them.
Been using it all day and haven't crashed it yet, so i think dso3kb_20210510 has really helped.
Do let me know how you get on please?
1201 Alarm

Online DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #228 on: May 27, 2021, 10:52:56 pm »
I've just bought mine! Catched a really a nice deal in aliexpress, with free 3-day delivery from Spain.

C210: 158€
D210: 171€
D215: 207€

For 36€ difference, I got the D210 (I'll unlock it later :-DD)
But the extra 13€ for the gen absolutely worths it.

Just in case anyone wants the link:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001632337246.html

It's simply perfect for hobbists and repairing consumer electronics, not measuring Hi-tech picosecond stuff at CERN, you know, just checking some signal like audio, digital protocols, pwm, voltage ripple...

Has anyone tested the real BW before/after the fw mod?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 06:25:53 am by DavidAlfa »
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate

Offline Piton

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #229 on: May 28, 2021, 11:51:23 am »
imk, uploaded your firmware to my hacked C10. Calibration does not work, writes error 511. The version has changed from B000 to B202. I had to solder the memory and reflash it to my native C10 with further hacking. I haven't mastered the platform-tools program yet, it's easier for me to solder it.

Offline Algoma

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #230 on: May 28, 2021, 01:28:39 pm »
They could have pulled that latest firmware off their website if there was a critical issue found within it.

Online DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #231 on: May 28, 2021, 01:35:05 pm »
We should make a folder somewhere (ex. Gdrive) with all fw revisions that appear, just in case! You guys getting betas directly from Hantek.
What's the sense on uploading to sites that only store the files for 2-3 days?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 01:36:39 pm by DavidAlfa »
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)

Offline imk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #232 on: May 28, 2021, 01:42:35 pm »
imk, uploaded your firmware to my hacked C10. Calibration does not work, writes error 511. The version has changed from B000 to B202. I had to solder the memory and reflash it to my native C10 with further hacking. I haven't mastered the platform-tools program yet, it's easier for me to solder it.

Not MY firmware, it was firmware sent to me by Hantek to fix MY scope NOT your scope.
It has improved My scope but was maybe not ready for release to all versions of the scope.
Ask Hantek for firmware to fix YOUR scope and do be sure to remind them that you have HACKED YOUR scope.

I seem to remember reading on one thread that updating firmware on a HACKED scope was problematic.
I hope you don't dilute your beer too much with too many tears, but hackers beware.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 02:03:51 pm by imk »
1201 Alarm

Online DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #233 on: May 28, 2021, 02:04:27 pm »
No need to remind to always make a full backup, and all the hacking goes at your own risk :D
Specially having these (apparently) easy to use platform tools for making the backup...
Waiting for mine impatiently!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 02:06:23 pm by DavidAlfa »

Offline xuraax

• Contributor
« Reply #234 on: May 28, 2021, 03:29:29 pm »

I too got the 511 error on my hacked C10 when I tried to calibrate after this upgrade. The firmware version changed for me from 3000 to 3202.

may I ask why did you have to solder the memory and reflash it, and in any case can you explain how you did that just in case I may need to as well?

Offline Piton

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #235 on: May 28, 2021, 05:27:19 pm »
imk, it is clear that it is not yours, you do not take my words so literally, especially since this is a translation. I restored my device with the help of my own memory, which I dropped out before hacking, saved the firmware and programmed another memory, bought on Ali on the recommendation of Vitroks. Now I have soldered my native memory, because the purchased one for some reason did not want to reflash, the reason is unknown. The native must be kept for such cases. I will order another memory for hacking.
All firmware from the official website can be installed on the jailbroken device without any problems.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 05:46:11 pm by Piton »

Online DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #236 on: May 28, 2021, 08:55:45 pm »
« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 08:57:45 pm by DavidAlfa »

Offline imk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #237 on: May 28, 2021, 09:33:26 pm »
It's a shame that the qfn/dfn sockets are still pretty expensive:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002636631647.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002036920820.html

I glue them upside down to 0.1 pitch per board and solder Kynar wire on them to 0.1 header pins, then the whole thing plugs in a breadboard :-DD
The trick is in the soldering as pad are soo close together it is easy to bridge them.
So i start on one side and solder the pad farthest away from me first.
Then i use a single sided razor blade perpendicular to the chip between the pad i just soldered and the one i am soldering next. (Heat shield)
The razor blade i temporarily fix with blue tack or masking tape, solder it and just keep moving the blade along the row of pads towards me.

Yes it's about as nuts as you can get but after bit of practice it gets easier and you end up with a little set chips 0.1 mounted.
Just stick bit of paper on top of the whole thing with chip type and pin number 1,8 - 9,16 etc.

Works for me  :-DD
1201 Alarm

Online DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #238 on: May 29, 2021, 05:19:16 am »
That's not the problem.
I wanted to avoid soldering into the DSO board, specially if requiring hot air.
My idea was to replace the flash with the socket and forget about it.
But ughhh not nice having to unsolder everytime. Lifting pads nightmares...

Offline maskedviperus

• Contributor
« Reply #239 on: May 29, 2021, 06:39:55 am »
The firmware version denotes a fpga or board revision of some sort.

Im in the same boat. Cal error. Whoops

Can someone share platform tools please for 3000 so us fools have a way back til i get an email from them lol
« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 07:19:14 am by maskedviperus »

Offline imk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #240 on: May 29, 2021, 09:07:20 am »
That's not the problem.
I wanted to avoid soldering into the DSO board, specially if requiring hot air.
My idea was to replace the flash with the socket and forget about it.
But ughhh not nice having to unsolder everytime. Lifting pads nightmares...

Hello David, now i understand you guys have opened up the scope and working on the flash chip to reprogram it.
You are way ahead of me i haven't even taken the back of the scope yet so no idea what it is like in there.
Ya unsoldering many times can be an issue and result in damage, do you have photo of what you are trying to re-program please?

So question; would it be easy to get at the LED's for the illuminated buttons as i find them a bit bright?
1201 Alarm

Online DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #241 on: May 29, 2021, 10:08:45 am »
I didn't received mine yet!
The memory is a 8-pin spi flash, show in this post:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/new-hantek-dso2x1x-models/msg3432650/#msg3432650

The leds, probably simple as replacing some resistors to lower the current.

Offline imk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #242 on: May 29, 2021, 10:40:47 am »
I didn't received mine yet!
The memory is a 8-pin spi flash, show in this post:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/new-hantek-dso2x1x-models/msg3432650/#msg3432650

The leds, probably simple as replacing some resistors to lower the current.

Hello David,
Well when it arrives i hope you are as pleased with it as i am.
The firmware hantek sent to me has improved the lockup situation but not 100% fixed as i managed to crash it once yesterday.
That said for the monies you can't fault it really, i'll keep my fingers cross and hope hantek come up with complete fix.
Once you have the scope setup (triggered/decoded etc.)   it runs all day rock solid.
Problems seems to happen when you rotate the controls quickly, so take it easy on the knobs :-)

Now when it comes to setting up the serial protocol  trigger it took me ages to figure on how to change the Data Value  you want to trigger off.
What you have to look for in Menu Item Data is two little red dots, the are really tricky to see and almost inviable when you are editing the trigger value.
The way you use it is by turning the VO knobs and press the VO button.
In one state VO adjusts the value of High/Low Byte in the other state VO adjusts Which Byte you adjust... Watch the little Red Dot! Hope that helps

1201 Alarm

Online DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #243 on: May 29, 2021, 12:20:27 pm »
Thanks for the tips. Hopefully these issues will be fixed in the future.
For hobby use I think the price vs value is great, I can live with some ocassional lock ups while saving a big $$$ ammount :-+

Offline xuraax

• Contributor
« Reply #244 on: May 29, 2021, 02:24:25 pm »
I tried to load back the software dated 20210416 available on the official website. The firmware still indicated 3202 as against 3000 when I had first uploaded it. It still returned the error 511 during calibration. My unit is a hacked 2C10 same as IMK so I don't see what else could be different. Also why do we need to mess about with the memory chip? I am assuming when we upload a software it goes into this same memory chip.

Offline imk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #245 on: May 29, 2021, 03:54:40 pm »
I tried to load back the software dated 20210416 available on the official website. The firmware still indicated 3202 as against 3000 when I had first uploaded it. It still returned the error 511 during calibration. My unit is a hacked 2C10 same as IMK so I don't see what else could be different. Also why do we need to mess about with the memory chip? I am assuming when we upload a software it goes into this same memory chip.

After update my scope shows Firmware 3202, software 20210416.00
However i have not tried the recalibrate it (maybe I should) does your scope work ok apart calibration issues?
1201 Alarm

Offline xuraax

• Contributor
« Reply #246 on: May 29, 2021, 04:20:02 pm »

After update my scope shows Firmware 3202, software 20210416.00
However i have not tried the recalibrate it (maybe I should) does your scope work ok apart calibration issues?

My scope displays the same info as yours. I have not tried it exhaustively but it seems to work ok and has not hung up yet.

Maybe you should try to recalibrate.

Also note that when I had installed the official version I had not bothered to recalibrate so it may be the problem was already there back then.

The only thing I note is that, when I hook up ch1 to the 1kHz source, there is a small but visible offset between the Zero position and the square wave low when the Zero position is set to mid screen. However when the Zero level is set lower this offset quickly disappears.

Maybe people who have hacked their scope and updated ONLY with the official version can shed some light on this if they can run calibration.

Offline QuitButton

• Contributor
« Reply #247 on: May 29, 2021, 04:47:56 pm »
Looking at the disassembly of a 5102P, the LEDS look to be surface mount underneath the buttons.

Probably easiest to stick a layer or two of Kapton tape over them.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 04:49:59 pm by QuitButton »

Offline imk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #248 on: May 29, 2021, 05:41:47 pm »
QuitButton

Thanks for the teardown video, seems easy job to get at the LED's.
However, I have tried to pull the knobs off couple of the rotaries and they just won't budge I guess I'll have to try harder.
BTW where did you get the replacement front panel from and about how much was it please?

Many thanks imk
1201 Alarm

Offline maskedviperus

• Contributor
« Reply #249 on: May 29, 2021, 08:32:08 pm »
Ive been giving it a go with the 5/10 build on my formerly firmware 3000 scope and i cant seem to find anything wrong aside calibrate being broken.

I was able to save to usb as csv....something that was a guaranteed freeze at 80% complete before....  im super on the fence whether to send this thing back and increase my budget 200 more....the part that i do not like is that when i emailed them and asked them what the difference is between firmware 3000 and 3200, they informed me its a fpga/hw change....i dont know what that means lol

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf