Author Topic: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?  (Read 352755 times)

Boris123 and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #800 on: December 04, 2021, 11:11:37 pm »
I know. What's the use of that file? There're already upks to set any fw version.
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate

Offline vistorik

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #801 on: December 05, 2021, 12:02:42 pm »
I don't know. These files came with my new motherboard 2d10 together with SW 726 and FW 3202. And after using the platform-tools-3202 that I've got from Hantek the order /lib/firmware has these 3 files. I think SW 726 and 1108 use these files for something.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #802 on: December 05, 2021, 04:43:41 pm »
Vistorik, I've been following the thread at 4PDA for a long time, but I hadn't check it for some time.

I saw you made your own backup script, that simply copies the files to the usb drive.
It's ok that people keeps working on this device, but whatever you do, at least ensure you know what you're doing.
Code: (backup) [Select]
#!/bin/sh
WORKPATH=/dso/var/run
WORKPATH_USB=/mnt/udisk/DSO_dso
mkdir $WORKPATH_USB
cp -r /dso $WORKPATH_USB/
cp -r /cache $WORKPATH_USB/
cp -r /data $WORKPATH_USB/
cp -r /lib/firmware $WORKPATH_USB/
Code: (restore) [Select]
WORKPATH=/dso/var/run
WORKPATH_P=$WORKPATH/package
rm -rf /dso/etc/* /dso/sbin/* /dso/app/* /dso/bin/* /cache/* /data/* /lib/firmware/*
cp -rf $WORKPATH_P/dso/app/* /dso/app/
cp -rf $WORKPATH_P/dso/bin/* /dso/bin/
cp -rf $WORKPATH_P/dso/etc/* /dso/etc/
cp -rf $WORKPATH_P/dso/lib/* /dso/lib/
cp -rf $WORKPATH_P/dso/sbin/* /dso/sbin/

I don't understand the reason these script exist in first place, but in any case, they're wrong in a lot of ways:

- The FAT filesystem doesn't know about permissions or symlinks, these atributes will be lost.
- If it works at all, the backup will be never 100% the same.
- Copying hundreds of raw files multiplies the chance of errors exponentially, and usb drives aren't solid devices.
- It's not checking the integrity of the files in any case.

I made the backup packages in a such way for a reason...
Creating a tar file stores all the data properly and  provides a solid file less prone to damage. Also the size is much smaller.
The included md5 checksum will stop a damaged backup from being restored, you never know what could happen.
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)

The following users thanked this post: eevbstedt, LZ4TU

Offline vistorik

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #803 on: December 05, 2021, 07:38:50 pm »
DavidAlfa, thank you very much for the detailed explanations, but these scripts are only examples of how such upks could be created, just for those who want to learn it. I don't use them in practice. At the end of each of these examples, I recommend using your upks for this purpose.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2021, 07:45:11 pm by vistorik »

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #804 on: December 05, 2021, 08:18:52 pm »
That's ok then,  just wanted to warn about that...  :-+

Offline vistorik

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #805 on: December 05, 2021, 09:33:30 pm »
DavidAlfa, why don't you use tar file and md5 checksum in the case of FW backup and restore, but use just simple file copy commands?
Code: [Select]
cp  /lib/firmware/psram_board_test.fs.bin /mnt/udisk/backup_psram_board_test.fs.bin
cp  $WORKPATH/package/fpga/* /lib/firmware/psram_board_test.fs.bin -rf

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #806 on: December 06, 2021, 12:42:55 am »
For backuping purposes, I only recommend backup builder, I've said that at least a thousand times.
It makes reliable and solid restore packages, keeping it simple and clean for everyone.

I guess you took those lines from any of FW Changer packages.
md5 can be skipped because upk files are encrypted, it's completely impossible to install a corrupted upk file.

The purpose of FW_backup (in FW Changer folder) is to make it easy for anyone to copy the fpga fw file and send it to me so I can make a new FW changer package when a new FW appears. Not for backup purposes.
Anyways that package was made before making backup builder, I'd prefer a backup from it than the a plain file.
Using UPK files will always be the best, cleanest and safest way to install packages instead running scripts, folders and tons of files.

Offline vistorik

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #807 on: December 07, 2021, 07:57:00 pm »
made dso3kb_system.inf_backup.upk, which is a simplified version of David's dso3kb_backup_builder.upk, which creates dso3kb_system.inf_restore.upk, allowing only to restore the system.inf file (contains the model number, serial number and HW number) that was in the system on when dso3kb_system.inf_backup.upk was launched; dso3kb_cache_copy.upk which copies the contents of the folder /cache (system.inf, dds_calibration.dat) to the folder /DSO/cache of the flash drive just to inspect these files; dso3kb_2D15_HW_conv_3202.upk with using of scripts of David's dso3kb_2D15_conversion.upk and dso3kb_backup_builder.upk, and which changes the model number to DSO2D15 and the only the last digit of the HW number to 1, while the remaining digits of the HW number remain unchanged; dso3kb_PT24C02_damp.upk, which is a simplified version of David's dso3kb_Eeprom_backup.upk and which only writes a 256 byte dump of the PT24C02 chip to the PT24C02_damp.bin file on a USB flash drive just to inspect this damp. The penultimate 16 bytes of the dump may contain the generator calibration data in the form of the string 0.XXXXXXX.XXXXXX. From this line, if any, after using of platform-tools-3102/3202, 2 8-byte sequences of the dds_calibration.dat calibration file are restored. Many thanks to David for his great work.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2021, 01:29:34 pm by vistorik »

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #808 on: December 12, 2021, 08:07:48 pm »
I understand. I send you a package dso3kb_reboot.upk which script has only one command - reboot
#!/bin/sh
reboot
This package does nothing - only reboots device. if you find a couple of minutes and run this package I would be very grateful to you.

I forgot about this. Have you tried -f (force) option?
reboot -f

Offline vistorik

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #809 on: December 12, 2021, 08:29:25 pm »
I forgot about this. Have you tried -f (force) option?
reboot -f
I never had problems with reboot so I do not use the force option. This problem had only one guy and this option, as far as I remember, did not help him.

Offline Tomi_sl

« Reply #810 on: December 17, 2021, 10:13:44 am »
Hi everyone.
New software on Hantek site:

The following users thanked this post: eevbstedt, DavidAlfa

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #811 on: December 17, 2021, 09:07:19 pm »
Thanks for telling  :-+. Being honest, I never visit their web...

Offline bianchifan

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #812 on: December 21, 2021, 06:26:42 pm »
At least I received my new DSO2C10 last saturday.
The PCB is called DSO2D15 and seems to be fully installed.
Firmware: 3202
1355768-01355774-11355780-2

Offline vistorik

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #813 on: December 21, 2021, 07:48:46 pm »
At least I received my new DSO2C10 last saturday.
The PCB is called DSO2D15 and seems to be fully installed.
Firmware: 3202
(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)
Could you please post here or send me the binary file PT24C02_damp.bin, which you can get using dso3kb_PT24C02_damp.upk (the archive is some posts above) as usual update from an USB flash drive. This upk-file creates the binary file on a USB stick. It could be important for getting your native generator's calibration file dds_calibration.dat after you've activated the generator using for example dso3kb_2D15_HW_conv_3202.upk. Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 07:51:51 pm by vistorik »

Offline masta_k74

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #814 on: December 24, 2021, 09:09:03 am »
My 2D15 shows a strange "interference signal" when the memory depth is set to more than 40k. The interference signal always appears with a time delay after increasing the memory depth and overlays the measurement signal. (Many, very short spikes on the screen) Can I regard this behaviour as another bug or is there possibly a hardware defect?
I have already tested different software and Firmware versions.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #815 on: December 24, 2021, 10:45:48 am »
Uhh... I would contact Hantek directly.
This cheap dso seems a nice way to spread Hantek brand, but not like they wanted. Nobody will buy Hantek ever...
« Last Edit: December 24, 2021, 10:48:13 am by DavidAlfa »

The following users thanked this post: masta_k74

Offline masta_k74

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #816 on: December 24, 2021, 11:18:39 am »
I have mailed to the Hantek Official Store. I bought the device there.
By the way, the interfering signal disappears immediately when the storage depth is reduced to 40k or 4k.

Edit:
It seems to be a temperature problem or bad soldering. I have had the window open for some time and cool air is coming across the desk. Now the problem can no longer be provoked. I will test it again later.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2021, 02:41:42 pm by masta_k74 »

The following users thanked this post: eevbstedt

Offline masta_k74

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #817 on: December 26, 2021, 07:20:14 am »
The two large chips reach a surface temperature of ~62°C when the housing is completely open and at a room temperature of 20°C. I think that these chips get significantly too hot when the case is closed. The rectifier diodes in the power supply and the small switching regulator on the secondary side also get very hot. (70-90°C)
I will definitely mount a fan (50x50 mm) in the intended place and glue a heat sink (20x20 mm) to each chip.
The Alwinner F1C200S doesn't worry me, although I assumed it was the cause. The CPU only reaches 42°C, which is within the acceptable range.

The temperatures were determined with the thermal camera in a CAT S61 mobile phone.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2021, 07:21:51 am by masta_k74 »

Offline BrutoDetestsSB

« Reply #818 on: December 26, 2021, 08:22:46 am »
Hi all. I was evaluating whether buying one of these Hantek oscilloscope.

I heard adding heatsinks to the two big chips mitigate the freezing issue. Anyone can confirm this is correct?

Offline bianchifan

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #819 on: December 26, 2021, 11:23:50 am »
Could you please post here or send me the binary file PT24C02_damp.bin, which you can get using dso3kb_PT24C02_damp.upk
I'm sorry but I do not have that upk.
I only have a run_other_update.upk, it offres backup of filesystem and config files.

Offline LZ4TU

« Reply #820 on: December 26, 2021, 11:29:48 am »
Mine came with FW version 20210416 and I was very disappointed to see how it freezes 10 times in first 10 minutes of tests, right after unboxing it. Hantek had just released new FW that was spread via email to unhappy customers at the time, before it became widely available, first on Davidalpha google drive. Before that, some guys thought that after mounting heatsinks, fans or both can cure that problem, but I believe it was just misleading information, because they didn't get to the root cause of the problem. As I observed that freezing problem occurred just when i moved the encoder for vertical position, I was able to freeze it for even 10 seconds after cold switch on, so I felt that the reason was not the heat. Few days later, after the new firmware had been installed I was unable to make it to hang/freeze no matter what I do or how hot it is.

So once and forever, there is no need to make any cooling modifications in my opinion. Of course, I like electronic equipments to run cool, but there are lot of them, that can reach 90°C and even run on such temperatures. This is a cheap oscilloscope, it does what it is designed to do, or almost ;). Some people may expect to use it for 20+ years and they took measures to protect their investment, mounting cooling stuff, I think if everything goes well, the technology will change untill then and we can buy something better. If it was Rohde & Schwarz I would take some measures also, but most probably they already had been taken at the design stage, so you get what you pay for, as usual. In fact, HANTEK DSO is not bad for that money, lots of functions, at least as a Digital Storage Oscilloscope works well with good amount of memory.
Cons: XY mode can be better, FFT also, internal generator is basic. For me, it is nonsense to have FFT and a generator without Bode plot, but I accept all of them, bearing in mind the cost of ownership.

Happy measurements!

The following users thanked this post: BrutoDetestsSB

Offline vistorik

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #821 on: December 26, 2021, 12:16:57 pm »
Could you please post here or send me the binary file PT24C02_damp.bin, which you can get using dso3kb_PT24C02_damp.upk
I'm sorry but I do not have that upk.
I only have a run_other_update.upk, it offres backup of filesystem and config files.
You can get this upk from the dso3kb_PT24C02_damp.zip which I have posted above https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/new-hantek-dso2x1x-models/msg3860255/#msg3860255
as well as the dso3kb_2D15_HW_conv_3202.upk from the dso3kb_2D15_HW_conv_3202.zip.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2021, 12:28:56 pm by vistorik »

Offline masta_k74

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #822 on: December 26, 2021, 12:19:26 pm »
I don't want to retrofit the cooling because of the freezing. As long as my unit is cold, it runs perfectly even with 8M storage depth. However, when the unit is in operation for a longer period of time, a strange interference signal is superimposed on the measurement (see earlier in the thread).
This interference does not appear when the memory depth is set below 400k or when the unit is cold (i.e. completely open).

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #823 on: December 26, 2021, 01:43:29 pm »
Seems like a hardware problem, this scope is noisy, but not that much!
If you're getting it without any probes connected, I'd ask the seller for a replacement. Definitely not normal.

Offline masta_k74

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #824 on: December 27, 2021, 07:15:10 am »
I´m in contact with Hantek Official Store. They wanted a video of the problem. I am waiting for an answer. Someone here might also be interested, so I'm inserting the link here:
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AiPaG0Dlc3q2gZZ0pJNZPpmzM4aY8g?e=anox9T
After this Video, i´ve switched off and on again and the issue don´t happen again... Only after a full cooldown it comes back after some minutes.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf