Author Topic: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?  (Read 346516 times)

Offline PerepandelTopic starter

• Contributor
New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« on: October 22, 2020, 10:14:55 am »
Hi,

I've posted some about this also in the https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/hantek-tekway-dso-hack-get-200mhz-bw-for-free/ thread, as it would be nice to know if these models are bandwith hackable, also.

But in this thread my aim is to discuss any available info on these supposed new models, as nothing can be found on Hantek's site. Could it be that they are fake?? They seem like an upgraded version of DSO5xx2 with much more memory (8M), an in-built function generator, serial decoding, 12bit precision and from 100 to 150 MHz, and cheaper than the DSO5xx2 models. No info on Google or whatsoever, either.

Offline sithrebel15

Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2020, 06:33:39 am »
It's still an 8 bit scope. the AWG is 12 bit.

Offline lmantuano

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2020, 01:22:22 am »
Hi Sithrebel,

I'm also curious having ordered one from Aliexpress (DSO2C10), do you have actual information on these scopes? could they actually be FAKES? I'm NEW to this...

regards

Luigi

Online tunk

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2020, 11:20:55 am »

The following users thanked this post: Perepandel

Offline lmantuano

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2020, 10:30:04 pm »
 Thanx Tunk!

Offline lmantuano

• Contributor
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?... GOOD NEWS!
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2020, 07:15:28 am »
Hi All,

got a reply from zhangqiang@hantek.com saying "this is our new product, it is not a fake"   Great, hope it comes soon..

lm

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2020, 11:47:38 am »
Hi! Thanks for the info; I just got to know about that thread some minutes ago. Actually this one is older, so they should be referret to here  ::)

Anyway... I just got mine about two weeks ago but it's still inside its box for two reasones: first of all, I don't have the time to play with it due to work & studies constraints, and second, I ordered the 100 Mhz one because it was the only one available at the moment but later I found the 150 one in stock, so I ended ordering it too, hoping I'll be able to sell the other one. It's still in transit.

I hope we've made a good purchase. Some months ago I was about to buy a DSO5102P but got informed about its short memory length. Then I was in search of a Siglent SDS1202x-e but it's at about twice is "old" price and I got tired of waiting for months to get a deal, which has not come, even after some failed attempts (fake Amazon ads and so on). Then one day this model appeared suddenly on AliExpress.

What's not clear to me is what the 12-bit resolution refers to. Some say it's for the function generator only. Some specs say the oscillo itself has a 12-bit vertical res; others say it's a 8-bit oscillo. No definite answer.

What I like also is that it comes with serial decoding.

I have very little experience with oscillos. I'll give more info when I have the chance to play with it.

Online tunk

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2020, 09:55:03 pm »
Anyway... I just got mine about two weeks ago but it's still inside its box for two reasones:
If it was me, I would open it and check if it works. And if it doesn't, contact the seller.

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2020, 11:08:00 am »
Anyway... I just got mine about two weeks ago but it's still inside its box for two reasones:
If it was me, I would open it and check if it works. And if it doesn't, contact the seller.

Haven't opened it yet as I've already got the 150 Mhz already, but haven't had the time to play with it; just to test that it work and looks good. Maybe this weekend.

I've algo got the manual in PDF from Hantek as it was missing on the driver CD  :palm:, so I asked them via email and at least I have to aknowledge that they were very quick replying. As an unexpected gift, I got a firmware update. Which opens up the question of how feasible would be to flash an inferior device (the 100 Mhz version and even the ones without signal generator) and see what happens... Any volunteers? Remember I have an spare, new unit for sell  ;D

Offline upsss

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2020, 01:29:16 am »
I have an DSO2D10 on order from Banggood and they are already 3 week late to ship it, their excuse is "excessive demand".   

@Perepandel, do you think I can flash my DSO2D10 (when I get it) with your 150MHz firmware version, is it for the DSO2D15 (Signal Generator version)???
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 01:30:55 am by upsss »

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2020, 03:12:38 pm »
I have an DSO2D10 on order from Banggood and they are already 3 week late to ship it, their excuse is "excessive demand".   

@Perepandel, do you think I can flash my DSO2D10 (when I get it) with your 150MHz firmware version, is it for the DSO2D15 (Signal Generator version)???

Hi upsss! Have you already got your machine? I have no idea what would happen in case you flashed it with the firmware I got. My bet is nothing will break, not to the point that it would get bricked, at least. The hardware can't be that different, in case it is  :-//. I think the worst that could hapen may be that the new features don't work. Or maybe it even refuses to flash prior to that. And, finally, you should keep a copy of the original firmware in case everything goes wrong. I don't know if the upgrader offers that possibility (to save it prior to flashing).

I can send you the file in case you want to try, but of course I don't offer any warranty in case it doesn't work and your oscilloscope becomes dead. I think you should ask the more experienced people in this forum regarding what to do.

Offline cmaass

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2020, 12:35:51 am »
Hi Perenpendal,

I have a DSO2D10 and am curious to see what will happen when I update it with the DSO2D15 firmware.
The hardware is exactly the same, the PCB is marked 2D15.
So if you can email the firmware to me, please do.
Mine already had a fault where it freezed on 80% Hardware Initialization, so Hantek support has sent me the necessary platform tools to get the low level hardware back to work again.
According to them these models are actually unbrickable since they use the Allwinner Controllers. that is also used in Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, and some Android Phones. etc. Its basically an Android Platform.
They use Phoenixsuite_CN to load the Boot Files, etc.
It uses the Allwinner F1C200s controller which is a fantastic controller to work with.
Download the datasheet and user manuals Pdf files from the internet and check it out.
Its a Linux system off-course. I wish I could get hold of the source files for the firmware so that one can do your own mods on bugs.
zadig-2.5 are used to load the WinUSB driver to make it work as a programmable WinUSB slave.
Then they use Sunxi-fel to convert it to Android. After that Phoenixsuite_CN is used to load the bootfiles, etc.
To convert the processor to a USB slave there is a small button underneath that must be depressed when you switch it on. One of the small ventilation holes just at the right spot. It can then be plugged into your PC and will register as a WinUSB device under Device Manager instead of a measuring Instrument instead.
Off-course the back USB connector is used for this purpose.

Offline upsss

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2020, 07:35:29 am »
Hi Perepandel, I have NOT received my DSO2D10 yet, it is supposed to be shipped on December 28, which is 3 weeks past their (Banggood) original shipping date. 
Maybe Hantek is fixing some bugs and that is why they are delaying shipments.  I rather wait a few more weeks and not have to deal with any obvious bugs.

In another thread you mentioned that you already have 2 of these new scopes, which versions did you get.  How do you like them, any problems?

I looks like CMAASS has already also the DSO2D10 and he sounds like he knows what he is talking about.  Maybe he will the first guy to try your DSO2D15 firmware and hopefully we all will follow him. 
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 04:30:19 pm by upsss »

Offline jobitjoseph1

• Contributor
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2020, 09:47:11 am »
Is it full firmware file or just update file? If it's just update file it's no use , because the update file for the DSO2D10 and DSO2D15 is the same.

Offline jobitjoseph1

• Contributor
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2020, 09:48:39 am »
Can you please share the files and method.

Offline cmaass

• Contributor
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2020, 07:06:09 pm »
Hi jobitjoseph1,

are you referring to the platformtools and Phoenixsuite_CN tools or to the Firmware?

Offline jobitjoseph1

• Contributor
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2020, 07:25:58 pm »
Hi cmaass,
Both platform tools and the firmware.

Offline cmaass

• Contributor
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2020, 07:50:51 pm »
I will see what I can do, those are very large files.
I will post the firmware so long, it is a small file for the DSO2D10
I just want to add, after I used the platform tools whenever I press the System Info function key in the Utility Menu it no longer shows the Model number, Serial number and Hardware info, those are undefined.
It only shows the Software and Firmware numbers.
So I don't even know what model Number it is now, only that it is a type D.
When I received the scope from Aliexpress the Waveform Generator did not exist on it. I then wrote to Hantek and they have send me a firmware update within 2 days.
The same when it freezed on 80% Hardware Init. It also took only 2 days before I received the platform tools. All these were from a guy named wangshuang, he was very helpfull.
There aftersales service is very good.
There are still a lot of bugs that has to be sorted out. I wrote to Hantek about them, hope they can fix it.

The following users thanked this post: jobitjoseph1

Offline cmaass

• Contributor
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2020, 07:55:19 pm »
hi  Perepandel,

does the firmware file for the 2D15 has the same name and date or does it differ?

Offline upsss

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2020, 08:32:56 pm »
There are still a lot of bugs that has to be sorted out. I wrote to Hantek about them, hope they can fix it.
Maybe that is the reason they stooped/delaying new shipments.

Offline jobitjoseph1

• Contributor
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2020, 03:40:43 am »
hi  Perepandel,

does the firmware file for the 2D15 has the same name and date or does it differ?
As per hantek it's the same

Offline jobitjoseph1

• Contributor
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2020, 09:29:02 am »
Bug spotted
Frequency measurement on 4k,40k and 400Kpt is wrong.for 1Khz signal measurement shows 498Hz, measurement works fine with 4M & 8Mpt memory depth are fine.

Offline cmaass

• Contributor
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2020, 12:29:16 pm »
Hi, I had the same problem.
It was fixed after reloading the boot files, etc with the platform tools.
However like I said after using the platform tools my system info disappeared.
See my former post.

Below is the link to download the platform tools.
Just follow the instructions in the readme_English.docx file in the platform tools folder.

What I found is, after I loaded the Android driver with sunxi-fel uboot images/uboot_fastboot.bin ,  when I ran the cmds.bat file , when the scope rebooted it freezed,
I then switched the scope off and on again by pressing the button underneath while switching it on. (I used a matchstick to press the button, that way you cannot short out anything.)
After that I ran the cmds.bat file straight away whithout using sunxi-fel, since the Android file is now already present. It then booted without any problems.
If it shows as a Winusb device under Device Manager with the driver info as you saw in the Zadig-2.5 utility, you can just use the cmds.bat file whenever the scope freezes during rebooting and if you are unable to reload the update file. Although it only happened to me that one time.

However  there are a lot of other bugs present as you will eventually discover.

The Phoenixsuite_CN.msi is in Chinese, so if it does not install just try again by pressing other buttons ;D. The first time that I used the zadig_2,5 utility the scope came up as an unknown device and I had to re-install Phoenixsuite again and reloaded the win driver with zadig before it showed up correctly.

Here is the link to download the platform tools.: https://fil.email/7UJkVuFZ
Best of luck!
Disclaimer: You use these at your own risk if it does nor work, although according to them the Allwinner Controller is unbrickable.

If anyone can figure out how to get the system info back again please let us know.

The following users thanked this post: jobitjoseph1

Offline jobitjoseph1

• Contributor
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2020, 12:03:29 pm »
In my scope the software version is shown as 20201127.01
When I contacted hantek and my dealer they send dso3kb_20201026 saying it's the latest update. Which one is actually the latest version.

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2020, 12:29:08 pm »
It seems they will have plenty of HW revisions!!!   :scared:

The following users thanked this post: egonotto

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf