Author Topic: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?  (Read 346239 times)

vistorik, phmarek and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Algoma

• Frequent Contributor
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #100 on: February 10, 2021, 02:43:17 pm »
@Vincentd Only the sinewave gets up to 25Mhz  Everything else tops out at 1, 5 or 10Mhz. I think the limitation comes from the DAC and OpAmp being on the other end of the mainboard near the FPGA that drives it. Seems like such a long signal path before it reaches the BNC output. The signal looks a bit unsteady when the scope measures its own output, but the signal appears perfectly fine when viewed on an analog scope.. I think there is a bit of timing in the software / FPGA that can be improved.  The 10Mhz Square wave looks fine on my analog scope as well (BK Precision 1590 @ 100Mhz)

Sin   0.1Hz~25MHz
Square/pulse   0.1Hz~10MHz
Triangular     0.1Hz~1MHz
Ramp/Noise   0.1Hz~1MHz
Exponent           0.1Hz~5MHz
    
Arb1   Frequency range   0.1 Hz to 10 MHz   

Though I'm able to set my ARB to 25Mhz when I haven't created or uploaded any waveforms, it just outputs a steady negative DC voltage at the set amplitude.

I like the ability set a the square wave pulse to specific high and low millivolt levels, along with the offset, and nice slow output pulse frequency. If only it had a duty cycle sweep function.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 02:58:18 pm by Algoma »

The following users thanked this post: Vincentd

Offline upsss

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #101 on: February 10, 2021, 03:58:36 pm »
@Algoma, does the Sinusoidal output have any sweep capability?

Offline Algoma

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #102 on: February 10, 2021, 04:50:42 pm »
@upsss It does not have a sweep feature in these units. Hantek indicated this was only a feature on their 6000 series.

I can't imagine a basic sweep function (Step through a frequency range over a specified time period) would be impossible to add to the software, considering the hardware available inside this unit. Have the main CPU direct the FPGA to increase frequency of the AWG every few milliseconds. It doesn't have to be that fast of a step.. Timing of the step change is the most complicated bit, and seems to be the primary challenge Hantek struggles with.

I note on my analog scope that adjusting the frequency of the AWG causes it to totally stop output, then initialize a new waveform.. This could be vastly improved in software updates alone.

The hardware engineers at Hantek do a great job for the price point, but the software team needs a bit of improvement.  :-/O
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 05:05:50 pm by Algoma »

Offline Vincentd

• Student at University of Applied Sciences Utrecht
« Reply #103 on: February 10, 2021, 05:46:51 pm »
@Vincentd Only the sinewave gets up to 25Mhz  Everything else tops out at 1, 5 or 10Mhz. I think the limitation comes from the DAC and OpAmp being on the other end of the mainboard near the FPGA that drives it. Seems like such a long signal path before it reaches the BNC output. The signal looks a bit unsteady when the scope measures its own output, but the signal appears perfectly fine when viewed on an analog scope.. I think there is a bit of timing in the software / FPGA that can be improved.  The 10Mhz Square wave looks fine on my analog scope as well (BK Precision 1590 @ 100Mhz)

Sin   0.1Hz~25MHz
Square/pulse   0.1Hz~10MHz
Triangular     0.1Hz~1MHz
Ramp/Noise   0.1Hz~1MHz
Exponent           0.1Hz~5MHz
    
Arb1   Frequency range   0.1 Hz to 10 MHz   

Though I'm able to set my ARB to 25Mhz when I haven't created or uploaded any waveforms, it just outputs a steady negative DC voltage at the set amplitude.

I like the ability set a the square wave pulse to specific high and low millivolt levels, along with the offset, and nice slow output pulse frequency. If only it had a duty cycle sweep function.

Thanks for the detailed explanation! I really appreciate it!

Offline MentalFloss

• Contributor
« Reply #104 on: February 10, 2021, 11:54:28 pm »
Would it be possible, by adding an extra BNC connector and tapping off at a suitable place in the circuit, to output the waveform gen signal at the same time as using the external trigger?

Offline emolitor

« Reply #105 on: February 17, 2021, 01:35:18 pm »
Received a 'VIP' discount link from Banggood and managed to order the DSO2D15 for under £180.00. Still somewhat dubious if and when it will ever ship but williing to take a bit of risk here as I can't afford much more for a scope. Will see after golden week if the order gets cancelled or not.

Offline Mark5

• Contributor
« Reply #106 on: February 24, 2021, 12:26:13 pm »
New firmware released today.
Will try it tonight.

Offline Algoma

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #107 on: February 24, 2021, 03:18:06 pm »
A few kilobytes smaller than the January update, with yesterday's Date stamp (Feb23,2021), no release notes. Looking forward to testing for improvements.

So far the scope has done everything I've asked of it, and any quirks are quickly resolved with the restore defaults button.

Offline dmulligan

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #108 on: February 26, 2021, 12:28:06 am »
@vistorik Did you populate the missing parts?  Do you have a list of the parts and their approximate cost?

Offline Algoma

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #109 on: February 26, 2021, 05:19:05 am »
Tested the Feb 2021 firmware update, Noted improvements with sample rate selection, now keeping a 1Gsa/s at 40K memory points instead of dropping in half.  Bit more responsive scrolling and moving waveforms. seems alright so far.

Trigger and display refresh seemed a bit changed in some way.. more 'reactive'?.

Still a bit questionable trying to navigate through single shot captured waveforms.. Overall you need to fit everything just right before taking a sample. Zooming and scrolling for additional data is unpredictable and seems to drop data that could have been sampled. It auto sets the sample rate to best fill the display, instead of capturing everything it COULD capture into memory. Its better to take another new sample than Trying to pan and zoom through data.

Measurements are based on what is displayed on screen instead of what is in memory. zooming in and out will change the calculations to be based on what is only DISPLAYED on screen instead of what is in capture memory.

Offline Mark5

• Contributor
« Reply #110 on: February 26, 2021, 09:44:40 pm »
@vistorik Did you populate the missing parts?  Do you have a list of the parts and their approximate cost?
There is no need to populate the missing parts, if all parts of the AWG are already on the board. All you need to do is to modify the contents of the device memory WINBOND 25N01GVZEIG. It could be done with using eg of the CH341A programmer and the program NeoProgrammer. The picture shows that it is possible.
Any clue on who did that and what he modified to acheive this ?

Offline dmulligan

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #111 on: February 28, 2021, 02:42:01 am »
Did the bandwidth increase from 100MHz to 150MHz when you changed the model number?
I wonder if there are other valid model numbers.

Offline Mark5

• Contributor
« Reply #112 on: February 28, 2021, 10:23:47 am »
FWIW, here's the "scrubbed" version of the update script.

Code: [Select]
#!/bin/sh
WORKPATH=/dso/var/run
echo "-------------------update start------------------"
cp $WORKPATH/package/root/* -rf /
cp $WORKPATH/package/fpga_i2c_kb.ko /dso/etc
cp $WORKPATH/package/spi-fpga-tn652.ko /dso/etc
cp $WORKPATH/package/load_fpga_kb.sh /dso/etc
if [ ! -d /dso/app/home/ref ]
then
mkdir /dso/app/home/ref
fi

if [ -f /mnt/udisk/do_other_update ];then
chmod +x /mnt/udisk/do_other_update
/mnt/udisk/do_other_update
fi
echo "-------------------update end------------------"
sync
sync
sync
I wonder if there's something to do with the "do_other_update" (like dump the current full firmware or modify some parameters).

Offline dmulligan

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #113 on: February 28, 2021, 03:44:10 pm »
I just reread this thread and it seems that Hantek sometimes populates the relay X1.  Does anyone have any guesses as to which units have this populated?  Has anyone compared serial numbers or production dates?

Offline Algoma

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #114 on: February 28, 2021, 04:25:31 pm »
Early production had all components populated. A more recent DSO2C10 didn't have them populated.

So far it only appears to be missing the DAC, OpAmp and Relay. Their related passives are already in place.  While its still cheaper to buy the D10 model with them already populated, it looks to be quite possible to add the extra features as an DIY upgrade.

Offline pjw1234

• Contributor
« Reply #115 on: March 03, 2021, 01:22:59 am »
Bought 2c15 a few days ago.

There are no missing parts inside.
There is a 2D model part mentioned in a photo uploaded by another member of the previous article. :-+

After the firmware update, it has been changed from a012 to b000.
Thank you for uploading the firmware in the previous article. :clap:

The frequency measurement is close to 200 MHz. Of course not -3db.

This product is really good for the price. :-+

Offline xuraax

• Contributor
« Reply #116 on: March 03, 2021, 04:55:13 am »
Has anybody who had placed an order back in December received their scope yet?

In the end I ordered mine through Aliexpress mainly because for the same shipping cost delivery was with DHL whereas Banggood didn't even commit to tracked.

Offline upsss

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #117 on: March 03, 2021, 04:34:58 pm »
I canceled my order from Banggood after waiting more than 2 months, I got tiered of their delivery lies!

Offline xuraax

• Contributor
« Reply #118 on: March 03, 2021, 06:08:16 pm »
Before going with Aliexpress I too ended up cancelling my Banggood order for the reasons mentioned above.

Aliexpress were delaying delivery too for me but after pointing out to them that their website showed a stock of above 70 they sent a mail saying that the scope was shipped...only to receive another mail a few hours later saying that the shipment will be delayed because "DHL considered it a dangerous package". Of course I don't believe this.

Offline upsss

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #119 on: March 03, 2021, 08:08:06 pm »
It is all BS, they are all LIARS!  Who was the Aliexpress vendor you ordered from?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 08:14:24 pm by upsss »

Offline xuraax

• Contributor
« Reply #120 on: March 04, 2021, 02:51:11 am »
My order is with Aliexpress direct. I don't think they operate like EBay.

Offline upsss

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #121 on: March 04, 2021, 03:23:06 am »
On Aliexpress there are at least a dozen different vendors that sell these scopes. They all have different prices and shipping charges, at last that is how Aliexpress works here.

Offline Mark5

• Contributor
« Reply #122 on: March 04, 2021, 12:45:44 pm »
Yet another update for the 2X1X series( 03/04/2021).
I took a quick glance at what's inside the archive and found an unusual file named system.inf.
I wonder if it's used and for what.

Offline xuraax

• Contributor
« Reply #123 on: March 04, 2021, 03:08:49 pm »
@upsss. You are right. I guess since I had assumed that Aliexpress is a single supplier I had not gone past the first vendor that came up following the search. Mine goes by the name " Hantek Direct" so I too am probably in trouble.

Offline Algoma

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #124 on: March 04, 2021, 06:21:07 pm »
Banggood is is most like and Asian version of Amazon, They're a warehouse reseller with they own supply chain and support.

Aliexpress is more of an open Marketplace for any Seller / Reseller, More like Ebay. Except Aliexpress handles and holds the payment transactions in escrow, pending confirmation that you've received your product, and resolution of any disputes.

While Banggood has far better support for any issues. Aliexpress has their own guarantees that the order should be resolved as agreed. If you stick to the official vendors with high ratings you shouldn't have any issues. Just avoid the too good to be true deals on Aliexpress. Don't get the cheapest, go for the second cheapest at least. Or search for the one that has the most orders and reviews.

I had Ordered my DSO2D15 from Aliexress Seller: Hantek Official Store  https://www.aliexpress.com/store/2792111
They now show over 260 orders these Scopes, and have plenty of stock, Simply beware of that DHL "free" shipping due to the hidden delivery fees DHL likes to add on.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf