Author Topic: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?  (Read 355889 times)

pfazoo and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Algoma

• Frequent Contributor
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #175 on: March 22, 2021, 05:04:41 pm »
Judging from the firmware inside, the scope has a GOWIN FPGA which is probably the lemontree part

GOWIN does have a few LQ144 size chips that could handle the task. Perhaps it was a custom version for Hantek.  Some have 64MB of SRAM, far more than the 8MB Hantek is using as capture memory in this scope.

There was some discussion over here about GOWIN:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/fpga/gowin-fpga/
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 05:08:29 pm by Algoma »

Offline Algoma

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #176 on: March 22, 2021, 05:24:12 pm »
Specifically the image from this post:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/fpga/gowin-fpga/msg2647989/#msg2647989

The GOWIN FPGA, compared to the Lemontree 2090: the package, printing and Model codes printing are a VERY close match.

Now we just need to pin down a possible model, Many GOWIN chips are pin compatible.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 06:21:08 pm by Algoma »

Offline upsss

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #177 on: March 25, 2021, 04:23:10 pm »
Finally I got my DSO2D10.  It came with Firmware "3000" and Software "2020 1221.00".
I Downloaded from Hantek Firmware dso3kb_20210311.upk and DSO2000 Software.
What is the difference between the Firmware download and the Software download?
Which one do I install first, does it matters?

Offline Algoma

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #178 on: March 25, 2021, 05:27:20 pm »
The firmware file is the download you want. The firmware file (dso3kb_20210311.upk) is extracted to a USB drive to update the Oscilloscope to the latest Firmware version from the front panel.

The Software is for controlling the scope by the rear USB connection, more like Hantek's other USB oscilloscopes.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 05:33:09 pm by Algoma »

The following users thanked this post: upsss

Offline upsss

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #179 on: March 25, 2021, 05:42:52 pm »
Thanks for the info, so when I update the firmware it will update my "Frmware 3000", then what is the "software 2020 1221.00" I have now? 

Offline Algoma

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #180 on: March 26, 2021, 02:57:04 am »
They call in Firmware on the website, and when its then loaded into the oscilloscope. its then shown as the "Software" version on the info screen.

Offline CarecaIII

« Reply #181 on: March 31, 2021, 07:35:23 pm »
Hi.

Which firmware do you recommend for the DSO2D15?

Thanks.

Offline upsss

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #182 on: April 02, 2021, 09:43:41 pm »
Hi, CH2 Menu button light is green and the CH2 trace is green, as it should be.  However, CH1 Menu button light is orange and the CH1 trace is yellow, are they color blind?
Are the traces colors somehow programmable?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 04:04:25 am by upsss »

Offline Algoma

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #183 on: April 03, 2021, 05:09:19 am »
Are the traces colors somehow programmable?

At the moment it would be far easier to change the LED on the board itself. .. Even the new Keysight Entry Scopes carry that odd Orange/Amber button color on Channel one, certainly another an uncanny match with the Hantek scopes.

Offline xuraax

• Contributor
« Reply #184 on: April 08, 2021, 11:08:30 am »
I am pretty happy with my new scope which I have upgraded with the new firmware about a month ago. However I do get the occasional freeze generally when I expand the time base to study the finer detail of a waveform picked in "normal" mode. To get going again I switch off and start afresh. Is this a known bug or am I doing something wrong?

Offline pjw1234

• Contributor
« Reply #185 on: April 08, 2021, 11:34:51 pm »
I am pretty happy with my new scope which I have upgraded with the new firmware about a month ago. However I do get the occasional freeze generally when I expand the time base to study the finer detail of a waveform picked in "normal" mode. To get going again I switch off and start afresh. Is this a known bug or am I doing something wrong?

I had a similar experience. In my case, the screen freezes when I press the zoom button.
 I did a simple firmware update with a usb memory.

As a result, the freeze symptom disappeared, but only half of the trigger on the screen was caught, and the rest of the screen continued to shake.

So I made a full update using sunxi-fel (see previous posts from other members).

Update result:
1, all functions worked normally.  :-+
2. Mine is 2C15, the pulse genenrator is alive and can be used. In other words, it became 2D15. :-+
3. Software, firmware version information, etc.  It is no longer displayed. (This needs to be fixed by hacking. Also, see other members' posts before, but I didn't do it because there was no problem in using it.) :--

Offline Algoma

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #186 on: April 20, 2021, 07:51:34 am »
Looks like a new firmware update has been released. (April 20, 2021)

Offline Algoma

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #187 on: April 24, 2021, 04:56:11 pm »
Updated to firmware 20210416 and system info is now showing UNDEFINED in Model Serial and Hardware, although the system was overall unmodified before the update.

Anyone else showing this after the update?  Still running full features of the DSO2D15 .. Should be simple enough to restore the values, but curious they would disappear during a normal update.

System.INF is showing:  (all seems to work normally)
[machine]
   Model=undefined
   Vendor=undefined
   Product=undefined
   Manufacturer=undefined
   Serial=undefined
[version]
   Pcb=undefined
   Keyboard=undefined
[language]
   Lans=65535
   Language=2
[add]
   Start=5
   Update=0

Update: Restored successfully, I had taken a backup photo of the system settings when I received the unit.

As per thread: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/hacking-the-dso2x1x/
Create a text file named do_other_update along with the firmware file on a blank USB drive

The do_other_update file is executed, and runs any Linux commands you've entered in it, after a the firmware update has completed.
When editing do_other_Update with Notepad++ use EDIT -> EOL Conversion -> Unix (LF) to make the file Linux compatible.

1) Use this command in do_other_update to copy the /Cache/ folder to your USB drive. This folder contains system settings and calibrations. Its good to have a backup copy of these.
cp /cache/* /mnt/udisk

2) Re-run a firmware update, with the modified do_other_update script file to collect the contents of that cache folder to your USB

2) Edit system.inf file in notepad++ and restore the missing values.
[machine]
   Model=DSO2D15
   Vendor=Hantek
   Product=undefined
   Manufacturer=undefined
   Serial=CN0000000000000  (Restore your serial# as per the Label on the back)
[version]
   Pcb=00.000.000.000.000.000.000.001
   Keyboard=undefined
[language]
   Lans=65535
   Language=2
[add]
   Start=5
   Update=0

3) modify the do_other_update script to restore (copy) the modified system.inf file back into the /cache folder of the scope.
cp /mnt/udisk/system.inf /cache

4) Repeat the firmware update procedure again, with the modified system.inf and do_other_update files on the root of your USB, (along with the latest firmware UPK file) to execute the changes.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 05:57:22 pm by Algoma »

The following users thanked this post: eevbstedt

Offline upsss

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #188 on: April 26, 2021, 09:48:56 pm »
Hi, I have the DSO2D10, which I received about a month ago.  I see about 1.5 small divisions (0.3 large division) negative offset on both channels traces when the channel input is set to GND compare to DC coupling without any probes attaches or probes attached and shorted.  Changing the channel VOLTS/DIV, does not change the displayed offset. 

I am running the latest April software and I recalibrated the scope several times without any change in this offset.  Can someone see if they can duplicate this problem and any way to fix it?

Offline Algoma

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #189 on: April 26, 2021, 10:51:48 pm »
Part of the self calibration is its quite often affected by overall system temperature. the whole system needs to warm up properly to a "normal" operating temperature before running the calibration, with no leads attached.

I had such a positive voltage offset on channel1, until I let the device sit and warm up for a half hour, then it settled out to a proper zero value. Running a calibration too early can cause further offset, while its still warming up.

Offline Algoma

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #190 on: April 27, 2021, 01:21:45 am »
I did a full recalibration on mine,

Yes, its seems to calibrate for DC = 0V, But when coupled to ground, its also sitting at -200mv @ 1V/div setting. I'm suspecting its perhaps something within the input protection, there's a solid state relay at the input that does the connection to ground, perhaps could be that too. I'm not expecting much from the GND coupling in this scope.

Offline upsss

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #191 on: April 27, 2021, 07:35:32 am »
My CH1 has a negative offset of 0.3 division and CH2 has a negative offset of 0.2 division regardless of the VOLTS/DIV setting.  Therefore @50V/DIV setting the offset will be 15V which is ridicules and totally unacceptable.  I have been using scopes for the past 50 years and on the crappiest scope, I never seen such an offset between GND and 0V input.  This offset exist whether you calibrate the scope after 20 minutes of warm up as the manual suggest or calibrating it after one hour of warm up.  I would like to hear how Hantek justifies that, it’s POS.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 07:51:25 am by upsss »

Offline Algoma

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #192 on: April 27, 2021, 08:02:29 am »
It does seem like something that can be sampled and corrected in software during calibration.. they did seem to make the calibration procedure longer in this latest update.

I like the hardware design from Hantek, considering the price point, but it's the software team that seems to lack skill and attention to detail when compared to all the others.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 08:08:01 am by Algoma »

Offline upsss

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #193 on: April 27, 2021, 05:32:37 pm »
Does anyone have a direct email address for product/technical support at Hantek so I can find out what they say about this offset problem. 
Even my $25 DSO150 scope doesn't have such an offset problem!

Offline Piton

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #194 on: April 27, 2021, 07:17:19 pm »

Offline upsss

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #195 on: April 28, 2021, 04:29:15 pm »
@vistorik, can you confirm this offset problem on your scope?  If this problem is common to all the DSO2x1x scopes then this is totally unacceptable regardless of the scope price.

Offline ZgnDmr

« Reply #196 on: April 28, 2021, 05:09:04 pm »
I got this scope (2C15) a couple days ago. The main reason I bought it was its cheap price and large memory, 8M max. It was the second cheapest 100MHz or above bandwidth scope that I could buy. The cheapest one was the OWON SDS1102, it was around $325, and it had 10K memory, which is, I don't want to use strong words but, complete trash. It seems like they've cut a lot of corners, all the buttons are the same size. Internals didn't look very good in reviews either. But anyways, this is not about OWON, this is about HANTEK 2C15.

First let me discuss my expectations from an oscilloscope. Before this one my only scope was a 20MHz analog scope. It was pretty shitty and basically useless for high speed stuff, which is pretty bad when all you do is high speed or radio stuff.
When I started to look for a new scope, my needs were;

-something that isn't a museum piece, which means no second hand analog scopes,
-at least 100MHz bandwidth for HF radio and high speed stuff,
-decent memory so that sample rate won't drop at larger timebases.

That's basically it. I didn't care about FFT for example, because 8 bit resolution means very low dynamic range anyway. I didn't care about decoding because all I do is analog stuff, other than some FPGA stuff. I didn't care about input min/max voltage range because I don't really use the lowest/highest voltage ranges.

So I got this one for $385. My benchmark was the Siglent SDS-1202X-E, which was at $500. The main reason I bought this one and not the Siglent is because the memory and bandwidth was good enough. However, it kinda disappointed me.

Let me discuss some features so that you can see why I'm disappointed.

-I know that I said FFT is not something I care about, because most of the times I need to see a frequency spectrum of a signal I also need high dynamic range, which this scope doesn't have, that being said, if you are buying this scope because you have some need for FFT and don't mind the low dynamic range, don't.

The FFT max points is a comical 2048pts. Combined with the limited dynamic range, I honestly can't see any use case where the FFT could be useful.

But maybe you are thinking that you could capture 8Mpts and do the FFT on the computer or something. Well, this brings me to my second and biggest disappointment.

-You can't sample at full speed when you are between 8Mpts-400kpts memory setting. It drops down to 250MSa/s when you set the capture memory higher than 40kpts, and it halves again to a comical 125MSa/s when you enable both channels!

As far as I know, this is not mentioned anywhere in the specs. I have to disclose that I haven't read the entire manual and maybe you have to change some settings or something, but I think such an important detail should be mentioned in the spec sheet, shouldn't it?

Now, I'm not going to return the scope. Even if it limits me to 40kpts sample memory, it's the second cheapest scope I can find. It would be too much of a hassle to return the scope. And I don't wanna give an extra $100 for an SDS-1202X-E just to get more memory at full speed and some more bandwidth. All I care is bandwidth and sample speed, and this thing has both of them. I'll have to hope that it's a bug and they'll fix it in a future update.

If you have any features or something else that you want to try on a DSO2C15, please send me a PM. I would be happy to try it for you.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 05:19:29 pm by ZgnDmr »

The following users thanked this post: eevbstedt

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #197 on: April 28, 2021, 09:13:09 pm »
So I got this one for $385. My benchmark was the Siglent SDS-1202X-E, which was at $500. The main reason I bought this one and not the Siglent is because the memory and bandwidth was good enough. However, it kinda disappointed me.

Let me discuss some features so that you can see why I'm disappointed.

-I know that I said FFT is not something I care about, because most of the times I need to see a frequency spectrum of a signal I also need high dynamic range, which this scope doesn't have, that being said, if you are buying this scope because you have some need for FFT and don't mind the low dynamic range, don't.

The FFT max points is a comical 2048pts. Combined with the limited dynamic range, I honestly can't see any use case where the FFT could be useful.

But maybe you are thinking that you could capture 8Mpts and do the FFT on the computer or something. Well, this brings me to my second and biggest disappointment.

-You can't sample at full speed when you are between 8Mpts-400kpts memory setting. It drops down to 250MSa/s when you set the capture memory higher than 40kpts, and it halves again to a comical 125MSa/s when you enable both channels!

As far as I know, this is not mentioned anywhere in the specs. I have to disclose that I haven't read the entire manual and maybe you have to change some settings or something, but I think such an important detail should be mentioned in the spec sheet, shouldn't it?

Now, I'm not going to return the scope. Even if it limits me to 40kpts sample memory, it's the second cheapest scope I can find. It would be too much of a hassle to return the scope. And I don't wanna give an extra $100 for an SDS-1202X-E just to get more memory at full speed and some more bandwidth. All I care is bandwidth and sample speed, and this thing has both of them. I'll have to hope that it's a bug and they'll fix it in a future update.
You need use it more and understand how it works.  ;)
FFT is certainly 1 Mpts max and FFT speed is related to memory depth and/or FFT pts selected and FFT accuracy is related to your timebase selection and in general use a slower timebase for more waveforms displayed rather than less.
Sample rate is also related to timebase setting so to maintain good WFPS rates.

Oh and welcome to the forum.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #198 on: April 28, 2021, 09:25:09 pm »

»  Readme first!  «

Before following any instructions described here, please read:
This information was obtanied based on my own testings and forum users feedback.
I've put my best efforts on making this information accurate and valuable, but it might not be 100% correct.
Having said that, I don't take any responsability, if you proceed, it'll be at your own risk.

Before doing anything, save your important data!
- Make a flash backup (Check DSO Flash Tool below)
- Run Backup Builder (In Mods section)

Also, it's always a good idea to take a picture of Utility->System info screen.
Some updates might erase and/or break some features, and you'll need to restore the system.

Read carefully: There's a big difference between "FW version" and "SW version".
SW version refers to the software running inside the CPU(Phoenix).
FW version refers to the firmware running in the internal FPGA.

Higher FW version doesn't mean it's compatible or better!
Do not change your FW version unless specifically told you to do so!
Some updates can do it, so don't update with anything you find over internet unless you have a backup!
Check the section "FW versions" for more details.

»  Quick glance  «

This section summarizes few quick references.

»  For scopes coming with FW30xx-31xx, update to FW3102.
»  For scopes coming with FW320x, update to FW3208, try older 32xx versions if having issues.
    FW3204 seems to break the decoder, avoid it.
»  Latest software release is 2024.02.02.

»  If USB is not working properly (Drive not being recognized until pressing update), apply Hantek's USB fix.
    »  The system only has one USB interface, shared with 2 ports. So you can't use both at the same time!
»  If the scope isn't being recognized properly in IO Lib Suite, uninstall it and install the latest version from Keysight.
    »  Also using Rohde & Schwarz Driver seems to work (Tested v5.12.8). (Link to original post).
»  If the scope is randomly crashing when handling the controls, ensure you have latest FW (B102/3102 or B202/3202).
»  Additionally, if calibration fails with an error, probably your FW version is incorrect, check "FW versions".
»  You can upgrade and downgrade to any FW and SW version you want, ex. you can apply an older version if the newer one isn't stable or compatible, there's no known risk of permanent damage.
»  Sometimes the settings get corrupted and the scope gets stuck in the boot logo or the interface becomes unresponsive. If this happens, check "Recovering" section.
»  Rotating encoders unresponsive but buttons working? Check this solution.
»  To quickly upgrade to 2D15, run 2D15 conversion, available at the bottom of this FAQ.
     Ensure to make a backup first with Backup builder!

»  What not to do  «

»  Screwing up your system because you thought you were smarter than anyone, so no reading of any kind was needed.
»  Coming here to blame us for your fuck-up because of the above.

»  DSO Flash Tool  «

This tool can backup and restore the flash without opening the scope.
- Download DSOFLASH
- Open the readme and folllow the instructions.

»  Firmware versions  «

It's not a good idea to change it unless stated to do so.
Calibration will fail if the wrong version is used, but else than that, there's no  risk of permanent damage.

Available FW versions
They're UPK packages, you can install them like a normal update.
If your version is not listed there, please make a backup using Backup Builder (In Mods section) and send me the file dso3kb_CNxxx_FPGA.tar.bz2.
You can upload it to my public writable folder, please add some txt describing yor upload!

»  2013_A013
»  2015_A015
»  3000_B000
»  3101_B101
»  3102_B102
»  3200_B200
»  3202_B202
»  3203_B203 (3202 fix for noisy signal in higher memory depts, ex. 4M, 8M)
»  3204_B204 (Seems to break decoding, try FW3202 if having issues)
»  3205_B205 (Supposedly it fixes the decoding problems from 3204)
»  3208_B208

»  Updating  «

There are two kind of updates: Regular system updates and low-level firmware packages.

»  Regular system updates are the UPK files. These are installed from the usb drive.
»  Low level firmware packages are flashed using platform-tools. They will overwrite the whole filesystem.
    »  Check "Recovering" section.

»  System Updates  «

This is a collection of the up-to-date known updates.
If your version is not listed there, please make a backup using Backup Builder (In Mods section) and send me the file dso3kb_CNxxx_Software.tar.bz2.
You can upload it to my public writable folder, please add some txt describing yor upload!

These can be applied safely:
»  2020.11.18 (These older versions had trouble at triggering on fast and small spikes)
»  2021.01.05 (Zoom bug started from this version, not fixed)
»  2021.08.14 (Has a bug in the generator, DC offset not applied in real time)
»  2021.11.08 (Also includes USB fix)
»  2022.01.24 (Starting this version, gnd coupling offset calibration was added, needs running a new calibration)
»  2022.09.21 (Only fixes Russian translation?)

These will update the fpga FW version:
»  2020.12.21_fpga_3000 -> Sets FW3000
»  2021.05.10_fpga_3202 -> Sets FW3202
»  2021.06.01_fpga_3102 -> Sets FW3102
»  2021.06.30_auto_update_fpga(3102-3202) -> Auto-updates 3000->3102 or 3200->3202, else leaves it unchanged
»  2022.02.18_fpga_3203 -> Sets FW3203 (2022.02.10 sw, fpga fix for noisy signal in higher memory depts, ex. 4M, 8M)
»  2022.09.21_fpga_3205 -> Sets FW3205
»  2024.02.02_fpga_3208 -> Sets FW3208

There's a Hantek solution for the USB problem:
»  USB_fix    -> Resets the system settings and deletes a small file causing the issue, FW and SW versions remain untouched.

»  FEL mode and driver installation  «

- Connect the scope to the computer, hold FEL button down and turn it on, keep holding the button for 2 seconds and release.

Automatic installer
- Download FEL / Fastboot Driver Installer and follow the included instructions, also available here.

Manual method
- Install PhoenixSuite_CN.msi.
- Download Zadig and follow this steps:

-After that, you should see the device driver installed:

»  Recovering  «

In the case anything went wrong and the system cannot longer boot or run normally, normally this is caused by corrupted settings, there're several options to recover:
There's a mod, "Factory Reset Daemon", that will do this automatically when doing a sequence of several power-off actions manually.

System shell
If you have access to the serial port or the USB Console is working, enter the shell and run these commands:
Code: [Select]
pidof dbus-daemon phoenix | xargs kill -9
rm -rf /data/setup/last.pho /dso/etc/aslf/*
reboot -f
If still not working, use Platform-tools method.

SCPI
- Install latest IO Lib Suite.
- Connect the scope to the computer.
- Open the Device Manager, if the scope appears under "USB Test and Measurement Devices" proceed with next step.
- Open Keysight Connection Expert, click Interactive IO, write "PRIVate:FACTORY:RESET" in the command and click "Send Command"
- All setting will be erased, the scope will reboot automatically.
- If not working or not recognized, then Platform-tools will be the only way of recovering.

Platform-Tools system flashing
This will completely wipe your system, erase serial, model and signal generator calibration!
So better you have a backup, otherwise you might lose the generator calibration.
Newer versions of the scope store the calibration values in the eeprom, while older versions didn't had them.
There's a calibration script in Mods section that will both calibrate and update the eeprom, so it never gets lost again.

Boot into FEL mode (Check upper section), then run "cmds.bat" or "recover.bat" depending on the version downloaded.
The screen will appear distorted, and/or with random colors, that's normal!
After a moment the process will finish and the scope will boot normally.
Important: Connecting it to usb 3.0 ports seem to cause some issues. Use a 2.0 port when possible.
Always apply the USB fix after recovering using this method!

If getting “api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing” error, install Update for Universal C Runtime in Windows.

Platform-tools versions:
»  Unified platform-tools package
    - 2020.12.21, FW3000
    - 2021.01.29, FW3101
    - 2021.05.17, FW3102
    - 2021.07.26, FW3202
    - 2022.07.07, FW3205

Now, your scope will show "undefined" under model, hardware and serial number, also the generator calibration will be gone.
You should now apply the backup package "dso3kb_CNxxx.upk" to restore them.

If you didn't made backup, the FW version might not be correct for your model.
Check "FW Versions", "Quick glance" sections to apply the correct FW.

To manually restore the HW, Model and serial check Scripts and Script Launcher in "Mods" section.
If you have lost your Generator calibration, it's gone forever, there's no known way to calibrate it.
You can try "Generator calibration fix", which will restore a calibration taken from another scope, it will be better than nothing.

»  Model modification  «

You can "upgrade" the scope ex. from a 2C10 to a 2D15 by simply modifying the model strings.
Keep in mind not all 2C1x models have the wave generator parts mounted.
Some do, other doesn't, the only way to know is to open it, or simply upgrade it and check if the generator works.
There's the package "2D15 conversion", available in Mods section, to make the conversion in a very simple manner.

Alternatively, you can also do it by yourself with these simple SCPI commands.
The SCPI commands are applied instantly, not requiring rebooting to take effect.
Remember to use your PCB number, modifying only the last digit to "1".
PRIVate:SET:MODEl1 DSO2D15
PRIVate:SET:PCB "000.000.000.000.000.000.000.001"

You can also modify the Serial and other strings:
PRIVate:SET:SERIal CN2101029000000
PRIVate:SET:VENDor Hantek

What we know so far is the software reads both the model and the PCB versions to check whether to enable the generator or not.
It willl enable the generator if the model contains 2D10 or 2D15, or if the last number of PCB model is "1".

»  Mods  «

Ensure to read Readme.txt before doing anything!

»  Backup Builder: Backups all important system data and builds three main update packages, so you can quickly restore them:
    »  dso3kb_CNxxx.upk: Restores Model, Serial, HW, FW, Generator calibration, preserving the existing software.
    »  dso3kb_CNxxx_FULL.upk: Restores Model, Serial, HW, FW, Generator calibration and dso, overwriting the existing software.
    »  dso3kb_CNxxx_EE.upk: Restores system EEPROM.

Extra packages:
    »  dso3kb_CNxxx_FPGA.upk: Restores only the FW (fpga).
    »  dso3kb_CNxxx_Calibration.upk: Restores only the Generator calibration.
    »  dso3kb_CNxxx_Model.upk: Restores only the Model, Serial, PCB.
    »  dso3kb_CNxxx_Software.upk: Restores only the software.

Additionally, it will create a tar.bz2 for each package to allow easy inspection of the files.
    All packages include the USB fix, also the builder itself will apply the fix before making the backups.

»  2D15 conversion: Sets your model as 2D15.
»  bmp2png: Automatically convert the screenshots into much smaller pngs.
»  Doom: Needs further explanation? Yes, you can run Doom!
»  Factory Reset Daemon: Daemon that detects early reset/power off, will trigger a factory reset on the third time the system is quickly resetted. Video.
»  FW Changer: To change any FW version. Run backupFW and send me the bin file if you FW version is not there!
»  Generator calibration: If you lost the calibration and didn't back it up, this package will restore it.
»  Overclocking: Applies overclock to the system for better response, without any overheating issues.
»  Patched english font: Original font is bulky and ugly, this font is patched and uses a smaller font already present in the file.
»  Patcher: At the moment, it's able to enable uart ascii decoding and change plot colors.
»  Theme for visually-impaired: Changes the default Yellow/Green plot colours to Yellow/Purple. Math is Cyan. See included picture.
»  RTC mod: Mod adding DS1307 or DS3131 RTC to keep the date, so the screenshots aren't always dated to 1970.
»  Date daemon: Mod adding track of the date while the scope is on, restored at boot and updated every minute. Date doesn't increase while the scope is off.
»  Scripts: Script collection. Use Script launcher to run them.
»  Script launcher: Runs any bash script in the usb drive called "do_other_update".
»  Static compiled binaries: Custom cross-compiled binaries that can be run in the hantek system. For the hacker only!
»  USB Console: Creates a USB serial port to access the Linux shell, keeping all the original functionality.

»  UPK Build / Extract tools: Scripts to decrypt/encrypt update packages.
»  source code: Kernel/uboot source code.
»  Live Linux: A compiled version of linux made to be loaded in FEL mode. Just a proof-of-concept.
»  Debian Virtual machine: Debian 10 Virtualbox machine for compiling stuff for this device, arm-gcc-linux-eabi and lots of build dependencies already installed, ready to use.

»  Links  «

»  DSO2x1x hacking thread
»  Everything is available in my Google Drive folder
»  Hantek DSO2000 schematics , thanks @pcprogrammer!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2024, 10:51:39 am by DavidAlfa »
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate

Offline ZgnDmr

« Reply #199 on: April 28, 2021, 10:28:18 pm »
@tautech I think you were referring to the SDS-1202X-E when you mentioned the 1Mpts FFT right? It certainly is an excellent scope, I just couldn't justify spending more on features that I probably won't need, however, seeing how this one turned out, I guess I made a mistake.

Unfortunately, there are literally no "serious" scopes in my country under $300. I wish there were...

@DavidAlfa I think there are already a couple of people who hacked it to get the higher bandwidth/sig gen on this thread and another one. Just be aware that, as far as I can tell, the DSO2000 series currently can't do 8Mpts at full sampling speed.

The following users thanked this post: ClubFoto

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf