Author Topic: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?  (Read 355994 times)

Offline papavienneau

Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #200 on: May 03, 2021, 02:33:24 pm »
Beware of the “ Hantek Official Store” as they do not play by the AliExpress rules.  I ordered a DSO2D10 from them 72 days ago and it is yet to be shipped.  Immediately upon placing my order, AliExpress sent me an email indicating that my order will be shipped within 10 days or they will issue a full refund.  They also give the option to wait longer if you choose.  I never chose the option to wait.
Just before this 10 day period is up, I got a second email from AliExpress relaying seller information that my order was being shipped and provided a DHL tracking number.  The tracking information turned out to be fake.
No more emails.   After a month or so I chose to contact the seller and inquire about my order.  This is when I find a posted message on the vendor site that I should wait another 14 days as stock is low.  Later on, I am told to check with DHL as there is an issue with my address.  DHL can not help me as the tracking information is invalid.
I notice on a low resolution photo of a DHL shipping label provided by the seller, to prove issues with my address, that only 5 of the 6 characters in my Canadian postal code are shown.  Perhaps the seller is trying to ship my order to the United States where zip code is only 5 numbers.  The seller thanks me for informing them that my province is in Canada and not the US.  Canada was shown on my address all along.
Several days later, a message on their “contact seller” informs me that I must wait my turn as stock is low.  Later, I must wait another 14 days.  Then, I have to wait some more as Hantek is having a chip shortage problem.  Oh yes, they are offering a $5.00 coupon towards a future purchase to compensate for the long wait.  I turned down their coupon offer and explained I would never buy anything from them again.
I am then informed via their “contact seller” that my order would be shipped “this week”.  They continually refer to me as “friend”.
After a week I open a dispute with AliExpress, requesting a refund.  The seller immediately provides me with a new tracking number, this time with FedEx.  They also request that I close my dispute with AliExpress.  I respond that I simply want my refund in order to purchase the oscilloscope from a more reputable seller.  I did not close my dispute.  The seller has not responded further to my request.

Offline Algoma

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #201 on: May 03, 2021, 04:02:33 pm »
Do not close your dispute, ever.. Until its resolved to your satisfaction. It can only be opened once.

It can stay open until you receive your product, or refund.. Aliexpress will arbitrate the dispute if it stays open without resolution. If the Seller isn't playing by the rules, it goes against them.. and their store can get shut down if they get too many disputes.  Aliexpress is holding your funds, The seller doesn't get anything as long as your dispute is open.

Sounds like they're gambling with trying to sell products they don't yet have on hand. Huge mistake from them, driven by fear of missing out potential on sales. Their delay tactic to avoid automatic refunds is going to earn them both lost product, income and a ban..  You could entirely end up with a both a scope and a refund if they can't prove proper on time shipment to Aliexpress.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 04:13:16 pm by Algoma »

The following users thanked this post: eevbstedt

Offline xuraax

• Contributor
« Reply #202 on: May 04, 2021, 04:03:45 am »
Beware of the “ Hantek Official Store” as they do not play by the AliExpress rules.  I ordered a DSO2D10 from them 72 days ago and it is yet to be shipped.  Immediately upon placing my order, AliExpress sent me an email indicating that my order will be shipped within 10 days or they will issue a full refund.  They also give the option to wait longer if you choose.  I never chose the option to wait.
Just before this 10 day period is up, I got a second email from AliExpress relaying seller information that my order was being shipped and provided a DHL tracking number.  The tracking information turned out to be fake.

HI. I faced similar issues when I placed my order with this vendor back in January.  However I did not accept their DHL excuse and kept pestering them to ship pointing out that their site still indicated they had stock so excuses were not acceptable. They eventually shipped via EMS about 10 days later. Good luck with your purchase.

Offline eevbstedt

• Contributor
« Reply #203 on: May 10, 2021, 11:31:07 pm »
I ordered a 2D10 from Hantek Official Store.  (290 CDN)  The status reads:

Your order will be automatically cancelled if the seller fail to ship your order in: 8days 09hours ...
Will be shipped within (Business days)7 Days

I'll update as things go.

Offline eevbstedt

• Contributor
« Reply #204 on: May 11, 2021, 11:31:57 pm »
The store shows the following inventory (316 pieces available):

DSO2C10 - 100 pieces available
DSO2D10 - 106 pieces available
DSO2C15 - Only 10 left
DSO2D15 - 100 pieces available

Offline eevbstedt

• Contributor
« Reply #205 on: May 12, 2021, 04:36:31 pm »
Just received shipping notification and tracking:

May, 13 2021 - 00:18 Local time  |  Shipment picked up
May, 13 2021 - 00:21 Local time  |  Processed at HONG KONG - HONG KONG SAR, CHINA

The store shows the following inventory (312 pieces available):

DSO2C10 - 99 pieces available
DSO2D10 - 105 pieces available
DSO2C15 - Only 9 left
DSO2D15 - 99 pieces available

Curious that inventory is down by exactly qty 1 of each.   ???

Offline papavienneau

« Reply #206 on: May 13, 2021, 12:17:37 am »
Beware of the “ Hantek Official Store”--update
I wrote to customer service at Hantek and made them aware of my unsuccessful attempt to purchase and oscilloscope from the “ Hantek Official Store”.   Han from Hantek responded, asking for my order number with AliExpress as he was going to look into my order.
Then AliExpress, acting as arbitrator, sent me an email on May 6th indicating the “ Hantek Official Store” was refusing to refund me and were asking if I would accept immediate shipping by FedEx.  I refused the seller’s proposal. Simply wanted my refund so I could buy from someone else.
Fedex Tracking information had not changed between April 30th to  May 8th .  A package was waiting 9 days to be picked up by FedEx?  On May 8th, it was supposedly picked up. 
Today’s tracking update shows a Fedex package in Mirabel, Quebec.  Is it a Hantek DSO2D10 or a $5.00 coupon?

Offline wuryan

« Reply #207 on: May 13, 2021, 04:47:23 am »
I received the 2D10 in Calgary today from Hantek Factory store.
Somewhat similar to your experience: they first posted a dummy tracking number, didn't ship for almost a month, then about 2 weeks ago the Fedex number that didn't update for over a week, then went from Singapore to my doorstep in just a few days.  Before this I dealt with a different story that held the order for over a month because it was out of stock, then in the end I had to cancel that one.  At this point I'm just happy to have receive the actual unit, and it's fully working :)

Offline eevbstedt

• Contributor
« Reply #208 on: May 14, 2021, 08:45:55 pm »
Just received this shipping update:

2021-05-14 13:20
Arrived at Sort Facility NEW YORK CITY GATEWAY,NY-USA

Current inventory of the store (cause ... why not?):
307 pieces available
DSO2C10 - 99 pieces available
DSO2D10 - 105 pieces available
DSO2C15 - Only 7 left
DSO2D15 - 97 pieces available

Offline eevbstedt

• Contributor
« Reply #209 on: May 16, 2021, 06:03:21 pm »
Shipment arrived with a fee of  $25.50.  A bit confusing as the last notice said:

Notification for shipment event group "Out for Delivery" for 16 May 21.
Estimated Delivery Date: 2021-05-18 23:59:00 

(May 18 is Tuesday, two days from now)

Regardless, it's 'here',  and now to see if everything is in order.

Offline eevbstedt

• Contributor
« Reply #210 on: May 18, 2021, 05:31:11 pm »
I've run through a few basic tests and calibration and everything looks in order.  Here's what I received:

DSO2D10
Software:  1.0.1.1.0 (20210416.00)
Hardware: (too many zeros).001
Firmware: 3200

Ordered on May. 10 2021
Arrived on May. 16 2021

Current firmware:
http://hantek.com/products/detail/17182
2021-04-20   dso3kb_20210416.rar

Offline papavienneau

« Reply #211 on: May 19, 2021, 06:48:23 pm »
Beware of the “ Hantek Official Store”--last update

Scope was delivered.  I had to put up with almost 3 months of waiting plus a lot of lies and deception.  I should be happy, I guess!

Offline QuitButton

• Contributor
« Reply #212 on: May 20, 2021, 10:54:03 am »
Anyone else have their screen protector sheet fitted such that its underneath the front panel and impossible the peel off?  |O

Has anyone taken one of these apart enough to know if I can get inside enough to remove it, or send the scope back?

Offline TerraHertz

• Super Contributor
  • Why shouldn't we question everything?
    • It's not really a Blog
« Reply #213 on: May 20, 2021, 01:43:48 pm »
It sounds like the problems I had were very minor compared to others. Even quite amusing.

28th April  Ordered a DSO2D15 from Hantek Factory Store on Aliexpress.
  Several msgs accumulate in Aliexpress from seller, querying that postcode 2213 doesn't match 'Sydney'.
5th May I didn't see those till then, when I logged in to find out what was happening.
  I replied that 2213 East Hills is a suburb in Sydney, my address in their 1st message is correct.
6th May, they again insisted my address can't be Sydney. I replied same day to clarify.
  They STILL insisted that can't be right.
7th - I wrote lengthy explanation. Included map. "send it now to that address or I cancel the order."
7th - they say "we will send today, tell you the tracking number"
11th - I comment the UPS tracking shows UPS still have not received the parcel.
12th - they bitch they asked about my address but I didn't reply till the 5th, ie delay is my fault.
17th - It arrives here.

See https://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/what-did-you-buy-today-post-your-latest-purchase!/msg3571806/#msg3571806

The screen protector sheet - the edges were a little bit overlapped by the case plastic, but pulling harder detached it fine, none tearing off and left stuck under the bezel.. My only gripe so far, is there was only one real probe included. The advertising pics and list had made that clear, but I wasn't sure I believed them. Anyway, not a problem.

It's amusing to look in through the case air vents, and realise the internal space is about 70% empty. They could have made it MUCH thinner. But then it would fall over too easily.

I have screen shots of the entire comical message series about postcodes, but need to stitch them into a single image. Not sure it's worth it.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 01:47:00 pm by TerraHertz »
Collecting old scopes, logic analyzers, and unfinished projects. http://everist.org

Offline papavienneau

« Reply #214 on: May 20, 2021, 03:56:16 pm »
While waiting for my DSO2D10, I ordered a Hantek PP-150 from the Hantek Global Factory Direct Store to see how quickly they would deliver.  They immediately shipped the probe and it was delivered in less than 2 weeks.  It is exactly like the x10 probe included with the oscilloscope.  My intention was to reorder the scope from them if I was ever refunded.

Offline upsss

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #215 on: May 20, 2021, 04:46:24 pm »
I got 2 probes for $10 from eBay https://www.ebay.com/itm/301845153341

Offline QuitButton

• Contributor
« Reply #216 on: May 20, 2021, 08:38:18 pm »
Is there any way to set the Trigger coupling? The 5000P series has AC, DC, HF Reject & LF Reject options.

Offline QuitButton

• Contributor
« Reply #217 on: May 21, 2021, 01:15:23 pm »
I'm really in two minds as to keeping or sending this back as of right now. There are just way to many bugs and things wrong with it.

Notwithstanding the regular freezing up requiring a power cycle reset here's a short list of problems I've noticed in the few hours of testing:

Using the latest update of 20210416.

Turing almost any encoder a "bit too fast" can result in the scope locking up. It still responds to some keypresses for a while after, but with no screen updates, then it freezes completely needing a power cycle.

Power cycleing doesn't always reset enough to get the scope working again, sometimes a cople of cycles, pressing "default setup" or Autoset are needed.

Autoset 50% of the time locks up the scope.

As noted by others, there's an voltage offset between DC/AC/GND coupling, different between channels.

Exact trigger point seems to be somewhat random resulting in jittery waveform display. Channel 2 trigger in particular seems awful. There doesn't appear to be anywhere to set the trigger coupling.

(scope has just locked up AGAIN because I dared to alter the VOLTS/DIV while displaying a wave)

Timebase below 100ms results in the display being "buffered" for the first half of the screen, displaying all at once, then the second half displayed as a rolling display, updating in odd steps every couple of seconds.  Timebase of 10 seconds or slower just gives a small wave in the centre of the screen..?

The Protocol decoder is best described as useless. It misses more than it captures and what it does get is limited to just a few characters.

Wave generator has a lot of jitter once you get above a Mhz or so. There's lots of ringing and roughness to the generated waveforms. No sweep function. Modulation frequency only as low a 100Hz

I was hoping this would be as "good" as my DSO5102P,  but with the useful waveform generator and larger memory depth. As things currently stand its very very much worse to the extent its practically unusable.

Oh, did I mention it freezes a LOT?

Offline Microcheap

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #218 on: May 21, 2021, 04:57:29 pm »
I had a similar problem with freezes and I was able to solve that reprogramming the system images with some files sent by Hantek's support.

If you dare, you can try it yourself. I've uploaded the files to a temporary file sharing page, the link will be valid for only 7 days before it expires:

https://www.filemail.com/d/mmnhoxtbjdututb

In the downloaded file you will find included a .doc text with the instructions on how to proceed.

Note 1: this procedure will blank some details on the system info screen of the scope, but that is easily fixed later if you mind the missing information. I would just recommend that you take a picture before to have as reference.
1221252-0

Note 2: this images install the firmware 3101 on the oscilloscope, looks like there's already newer scopes with version 3200. Which version yours scope is running now?

Offline QuitButton

• Contributor
« Reply #219 on: May 21, 2021, 05:47:40 pm »
Mine is only Firmware 3000.

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ]

I did manage to get the screen protector detached in the corner after a bit of messing about - that red tab was almost entirely under the front panel.

Here is a video showing how odd the screen updates are at slow timebases.  https://imgur.com/a/aBADJlb  :wtf:

« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 10:12:44 am by QuitButton »

Offline Microcheap

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #220 on: May 21, 2021, 06:32:49 pm »
Before the update, mine was Firmware 3000 as well, and the freezing symptoms were exactly the same.

Offline TerraHertz

• Super Contributor
  • Why shouldn't we question everything?
    • It's not really a Blog
« Reply #221 on: May 22, 2021, 12:02:08 am »
Mine came with firmware 3200, and I haven't noticed any scope lockups so far.

The data decode shortcomings mentioned... I haven't experimented with that yet. Those would be a serious fail, if still a problem with the newer firmware.

About trigger coupling (AC, DC, etc), it clearly is applying trigger logic to the sampled datastream. Hence that it can trigger on things like decoded data patterns. Since the data stream is already normalized by the channel input AC/DC coupling and sampler range, it doesn't make sense to have separate AC/DC coupling settings for the trigger level.
Collecting old scopes, logic analyzers, and unfinished projects. http://everist.org

Offline imk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #222 on: May 27, 2021, 08:07:54 am »
When I got my DSO2D10 with dso3kb_20210416 installed i was having BIG lockup problems.
I have received from Hantek an download link to  dso3kb_20210510 IT IS MUCH BETTER.
I did try really hard by rotating the Sec/Dev control to crash it i only managed it once.
I am soooooooooooo pleased with this little scope,i am thinking of buying another as a spare. :-)
1201 Alarm

Offline maskedviperus

• Contributor
« Reply #223 on: May 27, 2021, 12:39:00 pm »
I got a 2d15 the other day.  firmware 3000.  january software.  Updated to latest, no issues thus far....

but i did reach out to hantek.  "why do some have firmware 3200 and mine 3000?"

The answer is simple: different board revision....

Offline xuraax

• Contributor
« Reply #224 on: May 27, 2021, 02:52:27 pm »

I have received from Hantek an download link to  dso3kb_20210510 IT IS MUCH BETTER.

Hantek web site still proposes the April 20th version of the software.

Can you please share your link?

thanks

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf