Author Topic: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?  (Read 355760 times)

Offline Gerasim

• Contributor
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #350 on: June 12, 2021, 12:30:31 pm »
NOTE: This message has been deleted by the forum moderator Halcyon for being against the forum rules and/or at the discretion of the moderator as being in the best interests of the forum community and the nature of the thread.
If you believe this to be in error, please contact the moderator involved.
An optional additional explanation is: Please post in English only. Moderators and admins cannot read Russian.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 12:31:51 am by Halcyon »

Offline Piton

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #351 on: June 12, 2021, 03:25:41 pm »
I had the same problem (answer 370) after overclocking (maybe, but not 100%). Re-flashing by the platform did not give anything, I tried different versions. Before hacking my C10, I dropped the memory, copied and saved, and used another memory to hack, as Vistorik advised. I returned my native memory, tk. This one was not stitched with a clothespin, but I do not have an adapter and everything fell into place. Now you have to upload someone's dump.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 06:16:44 pm by Piton »

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #352 on: June 12, 2021, 03:44:05 pm »
Read the thread. Did you flash fw3000 with platform-tools?
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate

The following users thanked this post: Gerasim

Offline Piton

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #353 on: June 12, 2021, 06:12:01 pm »
If the question is for me, then yes, I stitched it with different versions, this did not affect the generator.

Offline Piton

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #354 on: June 12, 2021, 06:44:02 pm »
Before that, I also flashed versions from DavidAlfa, it is possible that this is the reason for the generator failure. But after that I flashed with the original platform, but it didn't help.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #355 on: June 12, 2021, 08:19:41 pm »
Are you sure it was working well before?
Or noticed later and you thought it was a firmware thing?
Because my generator output has been always 15-20% higher than the target.
Ex. 2v setting=2.4V output.
If you ever flashed a version that changed your FW, It could be the culprit.
I have full backup. It's been always the same.
About the overclocking, it doesn't modify anything in the EEPROM or anything. It just sets a register value in the CPU PLL at every boot. But I will make more tests.
You can easily see the difference, skip the oc by pressing the F0 key few times, just after the DSO interface starts working (usually few seconds after the relay clicking).
That way the DSO boots completely normal.
And it's not my firmware, I just got all the available data and made a proper compilation, it was annoying to search inside 20 pages to find half of the links had expired.
They all came from Hantek.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 08:33:48 pm by DavidAlfa »
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #356 on: June 12, 2021, 09:06:34 pm »
Самое интересное заключается в том, что показания калибровочного тестового сигнала 5V измеряет точно и показывает 5V! А когда выставляешь такое же напряжение и частоту в генераторе, то показывает 5,9V! Значит сам осциллограф меряет без ошибок. А вот сам генератор выдаёт завышенное значение напряжения на выходе чем то, что устанавливаешь вручную.
This is an English forum so please use a translator or the moderators will ban you.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #357 on: June 12, 2021, 09:12:58 pm »
That's because you changed FW.
FW version is related to the hardware, It breaks some things in FW3000 models.
But after flashing FW 3000 again everything should be working again.

Offline Sergey_Malyshev

• Contributor
« Reply #358 on: June 12, 2021, 09:14:38 pm »
International problems have no language!

Offline Gerasim

• Contributor
« Reply #359 on: June 12, 2021, 09:21:10 pm »
The trouble is that when I rolled back to 3000, the problem remained ... ((. I wonder if there is a way to format the memory without soldering it out of the board via usb in order to flash it onto an open field again?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 10:37:13 pm by Gerasim »

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #360 on: June 12, 2021, 11:16:38 pm »
International problems have no language!
Doesn't work like that here.

EEVblog is an English only forum where the greatest readership are at least English readers and everything we post is there as a record for later readers that come along maybe years later.
Since 2013 when I joined I've seen the odd new member get banned for continued failure to use English.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

The following users thanked this post: AndrewBCN

Offline Sergey_Malyshev

• Contributor
« Reply #361 on: June 13, 2021, 12:03:05 am »
we try to convey the idea of ​​the problem, that's all.
The site must be done for all users, not for the chosen ones !!!

« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 12:06:17 am by Sergey_Malyshev »

Offline Halcyon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #362 on: June 13, 2021, 12:33:20 am »
Самое интересное заключается в том, что показания калибровочного тестового сигнала 5V измеряет точно и показывает 5V! А когда выставляешь такое же напряжение и частоту в генераторе, то показывает 5,9V! Значит сам осциллограф меряет без ошибок. А вот сам генератор выдаёт завышенное значение напряжения на выходе чем то, что устанавливаешь вручную.
This is an English forum so please use a translator or the moderators will ban you.

Gerasim: English only please. I've removed your posts.

Offline Sergey_Malyshev

• Contributor
« Reply #363 on: June 13, 2021, 12:50:07 am »
Aha !!!, you can't resent us with sanctions !!!
 :-DD
« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 12:52:03 am by Sergey_Malyshev »

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #364 on: June 13, 2021, 01:10:00 am »
Aha !!!, you can't resent us with sanctions !!!
 :-DD
Please don't antagonize the mods especially as Halycon is one of the more lenient ones.
Butt heads with Simon and you'll be gone !
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #365 on: June 13, 2021, 01:30:30 am »
Looking at sunxi-fel souce code, most is done at computer side.
The sunxi cpu only does what sunxi-fel tells him to do.
Ex. "send '0x00 0x9f 0x00' through spi and tell me the response."
The code is not prepared for spi nand devices, so I'm trying to modify it.
If it works, we'll be able to fully backup and restore the flash within minutes :P

Online Algoma

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #366 on: June 13, 2021, 02:11:00 am »
I'll poke it again, an allwinner chipset (R16) was also recently used as part of those mini consoles from Nintendo.. it's FEL mode is similar to the F1C200s in these Hantek Scopes. Possible relavant FEL mode reading and writing examples may be available within the Hackchi2 mod found on GitHub.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 05:11:24 am by Algoma »

Offline AndrewBCN

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #367 on: June 13, 2021, 08:24:46 am »
I'll poke it again, an allwinner chipset (R16) was also recently used as part of those mini consoles from Nintendo.. it's FEL mode is similar to the F1C200s in these Hantek Scopes. Possible relavant FEL mode reading and writing examples may be available within the Hackchi2 mod found on GitHub.

The R16 (A33) uses a relatively modern Cortex-A7 core, the F1C200s uses an outdated ARM926 core, so I very much doubt the same code can be used for both devices.

Note this page has both the datasheet and user manual for the F1C200s: https://linux-sunxi.org/F1C100s

Also this page describes a small Linux distribution compiled from scratch for the F1C200s: https://www.thirtythreeforty.net/posts/2020/02/trying-the-allwinner-f1c200s/

Apparently sunxi-fel already recognizes the F1C200s/F1C100s, so it's definitely the tool to use if you want to hack your Hantek DSO.

sunxi-fel is part of the sunxi-tools suite, documentation here: http://linux-sunxi.org/Sunxi-tools

Some Linux distributions already include sunxi-tools (e.g. Ubuntu 20.10, which I am using).

To boot the DSO into FEL mode, just press the FEL button on the bottom of the main PCB (you don't need to open the DSO, the button is visible from the bottom of the DSO) while powering on the DSO.

To use sunxi-fel, you need to connect your DSO to your PC using the provided USB cable.

Connect your PC running Linux to the DSO, launch sunxi-fel in a terminal window, power on the DSO with the FEL button pressed, then type sunxi-fel version <Enter> and you should see:

$ sunxi-fel version
AWUSBFEX soc=00001663(F1C100s) 00000001 ver=0001 44 08 scratchpad=00007e00 00000000 00000000

Note the F1C200s is recognized as a F1C100s, because both chips are identical except for the amount of DRAM on the SOC.

At this stage you have all the sunxi-fel commands available:

Usage: ./sunxi-fel [options] command arguments... [command...]
        -v, --verbose                   Verbose logging
        -p, --progress                  "write" transfers show a progress bar
        -l, --list                      Enumerate all (USB) FEL devices and exit
        -d, --dev bus:devnum            Use specific USB bus and device number
            --sid SID                   Select device by SID key (exact match)

spl file                        Load and execute U-Boot SPL
                If file additionally contains a main U-Boot binary
                (u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin), this command also transfers that
                to memory (default address from image), but won't execute it.

uboot file-with-spl             like "spl", but actually starts U-Boot
                U-Boot execution will take place when the fel utility exits.
                This allows combining "uboot" with further "write" commands
                (to transfer other files needed for the boot).

hex[dump] address length        Dumps memory region in hex
        dump address length             Binary memory dump
        exe[cute] address               Call function address
        reset64 address                 RMR request for AArch64 warm boot
        readl address                   Read 32-bit value from device memory
        writel address value            Write 32-bit value to device memory
        read address length file        Write memory contents into file
        write address file              Store file contents into memory
        write-with-progress addr file   "write" with progress bar
        write-with-gauge addr file      Output progress for "dialog --gauge"
        write-with-xgauge addr file     Extended gauge output (updates prompt)
        multi[write] # addr file ...    "write-with-progress" multiple files,
                                        sharing a common progress status
        multi[write]-with-gauge ...     like their "write-with-*" counterpart,
        multi[write]-with-xgauge ...      but following the 'multi' syntax:
                                          <#> addr file [addr file [...]]
        echo-gauge "some text"          Update prompt/caption for gauge output
        ver[sion]                       Show BROM version
        sid                             Retrieve and output 128-bit SID key
        clear address length            Clear memory
        fill address length value       Fill memory

Offline AndrewBCN

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #368 on: June 13, 2021, 08:40:43 am »
One more note for anybody that wants to pursue hacking their Hantek DSO:  :-BROKE

You don't even have to open your DSO!   :o And you certainly don't need to solder / unsolder the flash NAND memory chip inside your DSO, which voids your warranty btw.  |O

In principle you can just boot George Hilliard's small Linux distribution (available here: https://github.com/thirtythreeforty/businesscard-linux ) directly on your DSO (by pressing the FEL button underneath and booting over the USB port on the front) and it provides a virtual serial console over the USB port at the back of the DSO. The DSO serial console should show up as /dev/ttyACM0 or /dev/ttyUSB0 on your Linux PC. The DSO file system should also show up as a USB storage device.

So you can just login as root, and then exchange files between your PC and the DSO file system, and run whatever programs you want to debug / hack.  :phew:

Conclusion: you can safely have fun hacking your DSO, without opening it or even touching the original installed firmware. Just use the right tools (sunxi-tools and George Hilliard's Linux F1C100s distribution) for the right job.

Attached is a picture showing where the FEL button is located on the bottom of the DSO. Use a thin screwdriver to press it while powering on the DSO to enter FEL mode or boot over USB.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 09:11:55 am by AndrewBCN »

The following users thanked this post: eevbstedt, tttonyyy

Offline imk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #369 on: June 13, 2021, 08:53:36 am »
According to all the dates on the DSO3KB files for the DSO2xxx DaveAlpha has most kindly posted on his GDrive.
Hantek have released a new version about ever twenty days.
So given the last was 20210416 (excluding the not listed 20210510) Hantek are three or fours late for the next release.
Does the team think they have abandoned the DSO2xxx and just dumping there stock as door stops/land fill or are they planning a major FIX IT?
As we need to start planning ahead what to do with them as unfit for purposes as a scope, I was thinking of converting my one into a toilet brush!
imk
1201 Alarm

Offline AndrewBCN

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #370 on: June 13, 2021, 09:21:39 am »
I am soooooooooooo pleased with this little scope,i am thinking of buying another as a spare. :-)

As we need to start planning ahead what to do with them as unfit for purposes as a scope, I was thinking of converting my one into a toilet brush!
imk

It seems you changed your mind over a few days...  ::)

If you really think your Hantek DSO is "unfit for purposes as a scope" you should just return it and ask for a refund (unless you have voided the warranty). In my case it has been working flawlessly since I received it a few months ago. I am still on the march 2020 firmware update.

And as I have explained above, it's possible to hack it without even opening the case.

Hantek will certainly release further firmware updates, but I am not sure they will satisfy your expectations/needs. Perhaps you could try another DSO from another brand and tell us how that goes?

« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 09:30:20 am by AndrewBCN »

Offline imk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #371 on: June 13, 2021, 10:01:56 am »
@imk

If you really think your Hantek DSO is "unfit for purposes as a scope" you should just return it and ask for a refund. In my case it has been working flawlessly since I received it a few months ago. I am still on the march 2020 firmware update.

And as I have explained above, it's possible to hack it without even opening the case.

Hantek will certainly release further firmware updates, but I am not sure they will satisfy your expectations/needs. Perhaps you could try another DSO from another brand and tell us how that goes?

Andrew well i guess you are the lucky one if your runs flawlessly, why are you on this thread?

My one was failing out of the box on day one, i waited few days for reply from hantek support and they provided the 20210510 fix.
Since then i have gone deeper into the scopes features and functions and  it is full of lockup bugs, i am again waiting for reply from hantek.
While waiting for hantek and chatting on this forum my opportunity for returning timewise is just about past given you have 30 days for the seller to receive it in CHINA.
They say don't send it express as gets stuck in China customs, so send it snail mail and you miss the 30 day window.
Either which way I am out of pocket as i will  never get the busted scope returned to me and they never issue a refund.
This is a catch 22 situation for me, i have not overclocked or messed with the scope in anyway other other than do the less than perfect upgrade.

So now i have choices ebay it and risk getting it sent back to me as faulty! Or live with then bugs that other on this thread have experienced.
Maybe a third options would be to send it back to Hantek hoping they will even bother to collect it from customs.
Await for them fix it then charge me $50 to send it back and get a VAT import hit here.
Or cut my losses and use it as a toilet brush.

And yes i have already specked out something else i wish to buy and am this time even more carefully checking out it quality.
Maybe best option of all is just carry on with my old Tektronix 2236 + Opt 14, sell duff hantek on ebay spares or repair and lose £150
Either which way i'll continue to publish the issues of this scope on youtube as Hantek need to know in times that producing Land Fill is simply unactable!

I hope your DSO2xxx   works flawlessly for you for the rest of your very long life.
imk

1201 Alarm

Offline AndrewBCN

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #372 on: June 13, 2021, 10:20:19 am »
Andrew well i guess you are the lucky one if your runs flawlessly, why are you on this thread?

Sorry, I didn't know this thread was only for people who intended to use their new Hantek DSO as a toilet brush, after saying that they liked it so much they were thinking about buying a second one.
 :blah:  :rant:

In case you didn't notice I am actually contributing some real information about hacking this little 180€ DSO without voiding the warranty, in this thread...  :P

The following users thanked this post: tttonyyy

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #373 on: June 13, 2021, 10:44:41 am »
In principle....
Easy to say. When you get that working, tell us! Because there're a lot of differences. Different flash, different filesystems... Not easy.

At this stage you have all the sunxi-fel commands available:

Usage: ./sunxi-fel [options] command arguments... [command...]
        -v, --verbose                   Verbose logging
        -p, --progress                  "write" transfers show a progress bar
        -l, --list                      Enumerate all (USB) FEL devices and exit
        -d, --dev bus:devnum            Use specific USB bus and device number
            --sid SID                   Select device by SID key (exact match)

spl file                        Load and execute U-Boot SPL
                If file additionally contains a main U-Boot binary
                (u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin), this command also transfers that
                to memory (default address from image), but won't execute it.

uboot file-with-spl             like "spl", but actually starts U-Boot
                U-Boot execution will take place when the fel utility exits.
                This allows combining "uboot" with further "write" commands
                (to transfer other files needed for the boot).

hex[dump] address length        Dumps memory region in hex
        dump address length             Binary memory dump
        exe[cute] address               Call function address
        reset64 address                 RMR request for AArch64 warm boot
        readl address                   Read 32-bit value from device memory
        writel address value            Write 32-bit value to device memory
        read address length file        Write memory contents into file
        write address file              Store file contents into memory
        write-with-progress addr file   "write" with progress bar
        write-with-gauge addr file      Output progress for "dialog --gauge"
        write-with-xgauge addr file     Extended gauge output (updates prompt)
        multi[write] # addr file ...    "write-with-progress" multiple files,
                                        sharing a common progress status
        multi[write]-with-gauge ...     like their "write-with-*" counterpart,
        multi[write]-with-xgauge ...      but following the 'multi' syntax:
                                          <#> addr file [addr file [...]]
        echo-gauge "some text"          Update prompt/caption for gauge output
        ver[sion]                       Show BROM version
        sid                             Retrieve and output 128-bit SID key
        clear address length            Clear memory
        fill address length value       Fill memory

That's useless. You can write to the ram, but not to the flash. Otherwise I wouldn't have spent the night on it!

After a lot of debugging, I made sunxi-fel work with the nand flash. Still needs work but that's something.
Althought the interface is terribly slow... You don't have DRAM working, only internal SRAM, so you're limited to very small buffers (4KB).

« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 10:50:04 am by DavidAlfa »

The following users thanked this post: tttonyyy

Offline imk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #374 on: June 13, 2021, 10:46:56 am »

Sorry, I didn't know this thread was only for people who intended to use their new Hantek DSO as a toilet brush, after saying that they liked it so much they were thinking about buying a second one.
 :blah:  :rant:

In case you didn't notice I am actually contributing some real information about hacking this little 180€ DSO without voiding the warranty, in this thread...  :P

Andrew may i ask which version of the firmware you have as maybe better than my dso3kb_20210510
And yes  was so pleased i almost bought another, but now my disappointment grows as i find more and more bugs and lockup problems
1201 Alarm

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf