Author Topic: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?  (Read 346500 times)

Offline tttonyyy

• Regular Contributor
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #475 on: June 18, 2021, 02:21:40 pm »
Apparently the new firmware 3102 registered something in the flash and rollback to the old firmware does not completely erase the 3102 firmware data from the memory. So which version do you say I should still rollback to?

The calibration data is stored in file /dso/etc/data/cali.dat (did you back up your filesystem first?)
It is cached in /cache/cali.dat and on my system both files were binary different after recalibration.  You could try (with the older firmware) calibration, power cycle, calibration, power cycle and see if the problem remains.  I doubt that the FPGA image retains anything, it is loaded over SPI every time pheonix app starts at boot (or crashes and is restarted by David's restart script).

Calibration itself is another app /dso/app/dso3000c_calibration that is invoked by phoenix, as far as we know it generates the cali.dat files based on values determined by the current FPGA image.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 02:23:20 pm by tttonyyy »

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #476 on: June 18, 2021, 02:34:27 pm »
So, in the end the only files that matter are /cache, /data and /dso.
I will make a custom update that automatically backups and creates an UPK file for restoring your system back.
The rest, like Boot, kernel... doesn't matter because can be restored using platform tools.

Edit: Done! Check the Mods folder. It was never so simple!
- Download and run "dso3kb_BackupBuilder.upk".
- The scope will freeze ~2 minutes while compressing the data and building the package. Be patient!
- After the automatic reboot, you will have "dso3kb_CNxxxxxxxxxxxxx.bak.upk" in you usb drive.
- Put that file in a safe place. If any update breaks something, run that package to restore.

If the system no longer boots correctly or whatever, install any platform tools version, and then run the package.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 05:00:41 pm by DavidAlfa »
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate

The following users thanked this post: eevbstedt, morgan_flint

Offline QuitButton

• Contributor
« Reply #477 on: June 18, 2021, 02:39:18 pm »
- Generator amplitude is fixed after restoring my files "/cache/cali.dat" and "/cache/dds_calbration.dat"

Could this be the reason for Amplitude calibration option?

Offline Sergey_Malyshev

• Contributor
« Reply #478 on: June 18, 2021, 03:32:40 pm »
DavidAlfa Respect and esteem!!!
AWG  OK!
FW(3102) calibration Ok.
 :popcorn: :-+ :phew:
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 04:04:45 pm by Sergey_Malyshev »

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #479 on: June 18, 2021, 05:31:24 pm »
Great!
I finished the backup builder. It works really, really nice!
Run the builder, it will make the update package for you, then run the new package whenever you want to restore the system  :-+

Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)

The following users thanked this post: tttonyyy, Gerasim

Offline Gerasim

• Contributor
« Reply #480 on: June 18, 2021, 07:24:41 pm »
David! Thank you! Everything worked out! You are a true master! Now the generator is showing great! :-+ :-DMM

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #481 on: June 18, 2021, 07:41:30 pm »
Apparently the new firmware 3102 registered something in the flash and rollback to the old firmware does not completely erase the 3102 firmware data from the memory. So which version do you say I should still rollback to?

The calibration data is stored in file /dso/etc/data/cali.dat (did you back up your filesystem first?)
It is cached in /cache/cali.dat and on my system both files were binary different after recalibration.  You could try (with the older firmware) calibration, power cycle, calibration, power cycle and see if the problem remains.  I doubt that the FPGA image retains anything, it is loaded over SPI every time pheonix app starts at boot (or crashes and is restarted by David's restart script).

Calibration itself is another app /dso/app/dso3000c_calibration that is invoked by phoenix, as far as we know it generates the cali.dat files based on values determined by the current FPGA image.

/dso/etc/data/ is empty in my filesystem. I think only /cache matters.
Definitely, the generator file is "dds_calbration.dat". Deleting it creates a new, empty 0-byte file and amplitude gets way higher.
Made another update package than only restores this file (For people whio didn't made a backup).
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 08:09:57 pm by DavidAlfa »

Offline Gerasim

• Contributor
« Reply #482 on: June 18, 2021, 09:30:38 pm »
I am very poor at programming and therefore I have a question for you. Is it possible to programmatically change the color of the rays? I have some eye problems and it is difficult for me to distinguish between light green and yellow rays on the oscilloscope screen, since they are very close in spectrum. It would be great if it would be possible to replace, for example, yellow with blue or red, etc.
I was a little confused. Maybe this question should have been asked in a new thread?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 10:02:30 pm by Gerasim »

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #483 on: June 19, 2021, 02:58:53 am »
I looked at that some days ago but didn't success.
I keep researching, time will say if there's a way.

The following users thanked this post: Gerasim

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #484 on: June 20, 2021, 03:42:57 am »
Because the system stores and runs the update from the flash. So the filesystem changes, but not its files.
That's how Hantek made the update function.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 03:44:32 am by DavidAlfa »

Offline aika

• Contributor
« Reply #485 on: June 20, 2021, 05:53:09 am »
I have the dso2d15, never saw any voltage spikes like described, maybe by lack of times measuring different signals.
Checked with another scope and my dso2d15 reliable on what it shows me on the display.
Is the noise all from dso2x10 versions?

For colors of the signal drawings I will later today look into the xml files and the phoenix app, at least some sort of hex edit should be done easy (my intention for later is to have a menu for changing it on the scope itself. And later like in 2-3 months) .

saving to internal and external memory just works here aswell, doesnt matter if its picture, waveform, setup.
fw3000, update from 20210416.
#2nd CoVid-19 got me some symptoms I'm recovering from, more or less like a mild flue, however the ear pain irritates my thinking a lot, hope to get rid of it this week.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 06:17:32 am by aika »

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #486 on: June 20, 2021, 07:16:24 am »
I already checked every XML file. Seems to be hardcoded in Phoenix app.
The graphics library is libanolis, if you check the strace log you'll find drawing calls to it, ex. Draw string, draw line...
I'm looking into a specific function, "anolis_wave_plot_set_chn_wave_color".
It would be nice to run the backup builder and post it here to check if the noise gets any better on other dso.

Also, run the read EEPROM command from Keysight app, like escribed here:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/hacking-the-dso2x1x/100/

Maybe there's also some difference in the memory between models
« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 07:51:01 pm by DavidAlfa »

Offline popy5

• Contributor
« Reply #487 on: June 20, 2021, 12:02:50 pm »
DSO2D15 - Firmware 1.0.1.1.0 Issues

Hello everybody. I just signed up to be able to reply in this thread.

I recently purchased a DSO2D15 in Aliexpress with this firmware/software factory installed:

Software: 1.0.1.1.0 (20210416.00)
Hardware: 000.000.000.000.000.000.000.001
Firmware: 3200

I have tried posting these issues on the Hantek web discussion forum, but the link on the registration page does not work.

I found following issues I want to publish:

Issue 1)

- I turn off channels 1 and 2
- I press the MEASURE button, and then I press F1 (Source)
- When I move the Menu knob to try select CH1 or CH2 (that are deactivated on the screen), the scope freezes and only works again if I turn it OFF and ON.

This issue not appear if CH1 or CH2 (or both) is active.

I think the problem is that when channels 1 and 2 have been deactivated, it should not be possible to choose them in the Source field. However, if only one channel is active, in Source you can only choose that one, but not the one that is deactivated.

Issue 2)

- I used only CH1, configured in AC coupling.
- I switch ON the Wave Gen, and configure the type of signal to Sine, Square, Exp, etc. (tested at 100Khz, 1MHz and 5MHz).
- I connect the signal output of the WG (at 1MHz for example) to the input of CH1, and press the Auto Set button (so at 1MHz it is autoconfigured in 500.00MSa/s and 4Kpt).
- If we now move the CH1 Position knob too fast (ahead of the trace's on-screen refresh rate), the oscilloscope hangs completely.

This problem appears to only affect CH1. I have repeated the same tests on CH2 and it has never hung up on me. But if I keep CH1 active (although without an input signal), I put the signal in CH2 and move the Position knob of CH1, it hangs too.

Issue 3)

Probably the same issue as 2. The underlying problem appears only when the wave generator is on, and only when the CH1 position knob is manipulated.

- Only CH1 active (with or without signal probe connected).
- The Wave Generator is also active.
- If we now move the CH1 Position knob too fast, the oscilloscope hangs completely.

This problem does not appear if only channel 2 is active, but it does appear if channel 1 is also active, and as long as the Wave Generator is on.

Best regards.

Offline imk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #488 on: June 20, 2021, 06:06:28 pm »
Where to Add Software Reboot/Reset Button to DSO2x1x

As i have not had back off this scope to look inside yet, does anyone  know where to wire in a button to reset/reboot the scope?
Think this you be better solution to the lockups, than power cycling it until Hantek come up with a more stable firmware release.
Pictures would be a great help please :-)

imk
1201 Alarm

Offline AndrewBCN

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #489 on: June 21, 2021, 05:35:29 am »

As i have not had back off this scope to look inside yet, does anyone  know where to wire in a button to reset/reboot the scope?
Think this you be better solution to the lockups, than power cycling it until Hantek come up with a more stable firmware release.

imk

As I have already explained there is no need to add a reset button, DavidAlfa has a small program to relaunch the phoenix app when it locks up. So there is no need to take the back off the scope and void your warranty, This is the second time I write to you the same answer.  |O

Offline imk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #490 on: June 21, 2021, 07:03:18 am »

imk

As I have already explained there is no need to add a reset button, DavidAlfa has a small program to relaunch the phoenix app when it locks up. So there is no need to take the back off the scope and void your warranty, This is the second time I write to you the same answer.  |O
What is the pheonix thread how is it accessed how do i go about doing it.
All of this i guess is going to take me DAYS maybe WEEKS to learn, i am busy!
Up to my eyes in real jobs not hacking jobs and i have already wasted hours on this scope as it is!
5 min job to solder couple of wire, while i wait for Hantek to fix the problem or i ebay it.
That is why i ask again, as i have ZERO interest in HACKING the software with some fix from some third party hacker.

So do you know where to solder couple of wires on or NOT?
1201 Alarm

Offline xuraax

• Contributor
« Reply #491 on: June 21, 2021, 07:47:41 am »
@AndrewBCN, @DavidAlfa

I would like to delve into my Hantek further but it seems that the Platform Tools only work in a Windows environment. Is there a Linux equivalent to this yet? I read in the DSO hacking  thread that you guys are working on some Linux interface, but my limited knowledge of the subject leads me to conclude that this is still in development phase.

Any advise will be appreciated.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #492 on: June 21, 2021, 08:36:37 am »
Platform-tools are made of sunxi-fel (from sunxi-tools) and fastboot binaries.
You can get them for Linux very easily.
Then copy the commands inside cmds.bat and paste them in a bash script

Offline aika

• Contributor
« Reply #493 on: June 21, 2021, 10:57:27 pm »
imk,

for your reset button, pin 70 on f1c200s (info taken from f1c200s datasheet, page 11)
reset circuit (info takes from lichee_zero_schematics, page 2)

but still the software version from DavidAlfa i would prefer over any hardware hack which isnt necessary.

especially when its made so simple to just run an upk through update.
files for it found on the google drive -> Mods/Hacks - > Lockup-Fix...

The following users thanked this post: imk

Offline aika

• Contributor
« Reply #494 on: June 21, 2021, 11:19:39 pm »
so i tested my dso2d15 for voltage spikes.am i missing something?

picture 1 shows the noise with the PP150B probe 10cm or more away from the scope, persist data is from when i move the probe around the LCD screen of it.[edit probe tip shorted with the probe gnd alligator clip simulating antenna loop]

is this supposed to be a lot of noise ?
1229703-0

picture 2 shows lowest trigger for the ref signal, same result on mode 'auto' and 'normal' for trigger, trigger set to 'either'
1229705-1

picture 3
DavidAlfa
AWG test signal from AWG 1KHz,1.5V, square and no offset. [edit obviously it's +1.3v offset]
green is connected just with a bnc cable (shows flaw as expected), the yellow one however is displayed when i terminate the signal with 50  \$\Omega\$ or use proper probe.
1229707-2

i have to say i dont like the PP150B probe, my cheap P6100 are better than that
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 05:13:55 am by aika »

The following users thanked this post: AndrewBCN

Offline imk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #495 on: June 22, 2021, 09:31:26 am »
imk,

for your reset button, pin 70 on f1c200s (info taken from f1c200s datasheet, page 11)
reset circuit (info takes from lichee_zero_schematics, page 2)

but still the software version from DavidAlfa i would prefer over any hardware hack which isnt necessary.

especially when its made so simple to just run an upk through update.
files for it found on the google drive -> Mods/Hacks - > Lockup-Fix...

aika

Many thanks for the heads up re the reset line to the CPU.
The situation at this time is i am awaiting an update from banggood re returning this scope.
If that turns into a return i will sadly  be saying goodbye to this little scope.
As i really believe that is it didn't crash/hang all the time it would be enough for my needs and i have a logic analyzer for detailed serial decoding.

If it turn into a  keep it situation I will look in detail on how to implement a reset/reboot rather than power cycling it, while awaiting new firmware from hantek.

Also many thanks for the heads up re the dso3kb_install_lock_monitor.upk.
I had a look at DaveAlph's gdrive and it seems as simply as dropping the dso3kb_install_lock_monitor.upk onto a flash drive and installing it.
Hence I ask how many people have install this fix and does it work as expected please?
Many thanks imk

« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 09:36:57 am by imk »
1201 Alarm

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #496 on: June 22, 2021, 10:51:27 am »
It will only work when the process crashes. If it simply hangs, the only way will be the button.

Anyways, I'm here to announce that I'm done with this scope...Not going to spend any more time with it!
You have the Files, everything has a readme, if you crash the system just follow the FAQ
Cya!  :-+
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 10:53:31 am by DavidAlfa »

The following users thanked this post: imk

Offline imk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #497 on: June 22, 2021, 11:37:08 am »
It will only work when the process crashes. If it simply hangs, the only way will be the button.

Anyways, I'm here to announce that I'm done with this scope...Not going to spend any more time with it!
You have the Files, everything has a readme, if you crash the system just follow the FAQ
Thanks for all the good work Dave and hope your next project is just as rewarding for all.
Ian
1201 Alarm

Offline Gerasim

• Contributor
« Reply #498 on: June 22, 2021, 05:35:55 pm »

David Alpha! It is a pity that you are leaving us! You didn't have enough time to figure out how you can change the color of the rays. But all the same, thank you very much for the colossal work you have done to improve our long-suffering device! Thank you!!!

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #499 on: June 22, 2021, 06:32:53 pm »
Yes, I did! Read the hacking thread! :-+

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf