Author Topic: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?  (Read 352872 times)

Offline hcp

• Contributor
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #725 on: September 25, 2021, 03:43:30 pm »
New mod available, "USB fix".
I made a very small script that polls the pin which detects the presence of external power at the rear port.

Thanks David for what you are doing  :-+

In the meantime, I continued my communication with Hantek and they sent me a small. upk file with a fix for the USB problem
I ran it on my device FW3202 and 20210814 and it really fixed the USB, and yes, after this update, I now have one calibration entry in utility menu instead of two, as it was before  ;D

I will send pm to you with this update so that you can upload this file to your disk, maybe it will be useful to someone who also has problems with the USB

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #726 on: September 25, 2021, 05:21:16 pm »
Interesting. The problem comes from the file /dso/app/Square_cusp.tmp.
Deleting that file completely fixes USB for me, too.

Not even need to restart, the changes are applied instantly, Phoenix is constantly checking for it.
When present, the usb is forced to be in peripheral mode, and the weird calibration menu appears.
Deleting it instantly restores the normal menu and usb behavior.

The strange thing is that it came from nowhere. Some updates include that file, but they don't copy it.
So where did it came from? Is it self-generated under certains conditions?
Why are older software versions unaffected by this file?
Maybe it was there from the beginning (This begins to seem an Alien movie :D) and then they added a new "feature"?

So the software compatibility war is over. Any update should work now after applying this.
In the worst case, the FW version will change, requiring to be restored, but as every update is documented in the FAQ, there won't be any problem.

Added the file to the system updates section. Since it's not a software update, I renamed it to usb_fix to avoid confusion.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 08:25:18 pm by DavidAlfa »
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate

The following users thanked this post: ars_ha3hz, LZ4TU, trmntr

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #727 on: September 25, 2021, 09:57:22 pm »
I know it's empty, it's just a test file. There's code inside Phoenix that checks if exists and proceeds with a different path if detected, but doesn't read its contents.
Dang! Was caused by platform-tools then! I missed that possibility. Now everything makes sense.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 09:58:55 pm by DavidAlfa »
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)

Offline xuraax

• Contributor
« Reply #728 on: September 26, 2021, 03:38:44 am »
Does one need to use this fix when upgrading to the latest upk EVEN if he has never used platform tools?

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #729 on: September 26, 2021, 07:31:38 am »
If the USB works correctly, you don't need to.
In any case, it won't cause any harm.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 12:57:07 pm by DavidAlfa »

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #730 on: September 26, 2021, 12:56:40 pm »
That's what the USB fix does, why complicate it so much?
Run the upk and done :-//
If the file isn't there, then there's nothing to delete.

In any case, if you want to do it manually, do it in one operation:
Code: [Select]
if [ -f /dso/app/Square_cusp.tmp ]; then
    rm -rf /dso/app/Square_cusp.tmp
    if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
        echo "Succesfully deleted Square_cusp.tmp" >/mnt/udisk/log.txt
    else
        echo "An error ocurred while deleting Square_cusp.tmp" >/mnt/udisk/log.txt
    fi
else  ​
 ​   echo "The file Square_cusp.tmp was not found in the system" >/mnt/udisk/log.txt
fi
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 01:05:02 pm by DavidAlfa »

Offline LZ4TU

« Reply #731 on: September 26, 2021, 02:47:00 pm »
Another step forward thanks to great work of DavidAlfa, thank you! Is there any possibility for activation of some hidden features, i dream about Bode plot, it is shame to have internal generator and not have a Bode plot.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 02:50:46 pm by LZ4TU »

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #732 on: September 26, 2021, 02:56:31 pm »
Give them to @hcp, who complained to Hantek and received the fix  ;D
I'm not hacking this thing anymore, only quick checks, maintaining the FAQ, testing new updates and such.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #733 on: September 27, 2021, 01:14:09 pm »
Vistorik, are you Vitroks in 4PDA?
21.08.16 and USB fix (Was called 21.09.25, I renamed it because it's not a software update) came from Hantek, not done by me.
The only "custom" version is 21.07.26 extracted from the user backup, copies exactly the same files as other updates.
Backup builder is safe, it's extensively tested (Although I'll never take any responsability), I've flashed my scope 100s of times, completely erased the flash, restored with any platform-tools and then ran the backup, it worked every time.
There's no need of take the risk of damaging something by desoldering the flash, also you'll void the warranty.
In the other hand, using their own tools (platform-tools) shouldn't, the backup restores the original files, so it's like factory.
Some people said that the flash contents changed after restoring: It's a live system. Everytime it boots it'll change some files in the flash. The system uses flash wear leveling algorithm, so every change will be written into a different place.
So you'll never get the same data if the system was booted between one flash dump and another.
Every scope seems to exit the factory with different software, I doubt they even know what's going on :-DD.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2021, 06:41:04 am by DavidAlfa »

The following users thanked this post: LZ4TU

Offline hcp

• Contributor
« Reply #734 on: September 27, 2021, 10:43:58 pm »
21.08.16 and USB fix (Was called 21.09.25, I renamed it because it's not a software update) came from Hantek, not done by me.

Yes, I can confirm that 21.08.16 and USB fix on David's disk are the original and unmodified files that were received from Hantek, without modifications, "as is"  :D
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 11:02:41 pm by hcp »

The following users thanked this post: eevbstedt, LZ4TU

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #735 on: September 29, 2021, 02:42:26 pm »
So you needed confirmation? Why the mistrust?
Isn't enough if I say that a package is unmodified? What the hell?
Who ever uses "RUN" to execute scripts?
You use "./extract.sh" or "sh extract.sh"
Also, all update are already extracted, check "Decrypted" folder.

I don't understand why you keep complicating things, running the upk does exactly the same, but you keep insisting in doing via the script method.
The upks are cleaner, safer, and integrity protected, it will be aborted if the file is corrupted.
Meanwhile, a single symbol in the wrong place of the script can cause a lot of trouble.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 02:59:27 pm by DavidAlfa »

Offline vistorik

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #736 on: September 30, 2021, 08:21:56 pm »
So, DavidAlfa, after running on my device DSO2C10 packages dso3bk_backup_buider.upk, dso3kb_fix_generator.upk, dso3kb_2D15_conversion.upk, dso3kb_CNXXXXXXXXX.upk and dso3kb_CNXXXXXXXXX_FULL.upk the device screen becomes black, but the device does not reboot and remains constantly in this state, regardless of whether the flash drive remains in the device or I take it out (see the photo). After that, the device must be turned off and on again, then it starts working again. I tested my device on versions 416 and 816,  FW  b000. The issue I have found I guess is connected with the firmware like that hcp has, that has the USB-port problem. After running dso3kb_usb_fix.upk the reboot-issue is not disappeared. I have not the firmware from hcp, but I've tested the device with the similar firmware from one guy in 4PDA. So with such firmware the reboot command does not work. With my native firmware I have not this issue. interesting: whether hcp has this issue.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2021, 09:58:25 pm by vistorik »

Offline blackbile

• Contributor
« Reply #737 on: October 01, 2021, 05:39:56 am »
and why did you run all of the upk files?

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #738 on: October 01, 2021, 10:18:11 am »
The firmware from HCP hasn't any usb problem, it comes from platform-tools firmware having a file that shouldn't be there.
Any software version later than 21.04.16 causes the usb issue if the file is present.

So your device does never reboot by itself? That's weird. Never seen that.
Maybe that's why Hantek never reboots after the updates, they might have had issues?
If the screen turned off, then it clearly stopped most functions, but something happened in the last instance.
You would need to access the serial console to see the error.

I would run platform-tool to wipe the filesystem, restore your backup, run usb fix (Remember, the usb still works, you only need to push several times the update button), and update to the latest software.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2021, 10:20:06 am by DavidAlfa »

Offline vistorik

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #739 on: October 01, 2021, 12:42:40 pm »
The firmware from HCP hasn't any usb problem, it comes from platform-tools firmware having a file that shouldn't be there.
Any software version later than 21.04.16 causes the usb issue if the file is present.

So your device does never reboot by itself? That's weird. Never seen that.
Maybe that's why Hantek never reboots after the updates, they might have had issues?
If the screen turned off, then it clearly stopped most functions, but something happened in the last instance.
You would need to access the serial console to see the error.

I would run platform-tool to wipe the filesystem, restore your backup, run usb fix (Remember, the usb still works, you only need to push several times the update button), and update to the latest software.
Posted by: hcp
« on: September 24, 2021, 12:50:45 pm »
Hello Guys,
I recently purchased DSO2D10, device came with this firmware/software factory installed:
Software: 1.0.1.1.0 (20210416.00)
Hardware: 000.000.000.000.000.000.000.001
Firmware: 3200

of course I had problems with constant freezes of the device and I updated it to the latest firmware:
dso3kb_20210630_auto_update_fpga.upk
dso3kb_20210714.upk

After that, the freezes seem to have disappeared, but I got a problem with the USB ports.

The auto-reboot problem in scripts is definitely related to the firmware that initially had problems with the usb port. I checked this on the original dump of one of the 4PDA forum participants. With this original damp flashed to the memory chip I made a full backup (during this there was already a auto-reboot problem), completely erased the memory chip, ran the platform-tool and ran the full-backup upk-file. After that the problem with the auto-reboot in scripts disappeared. So, thank you very much David for this solution.

Offline vistorik

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #740 on: October 01, 2021, 12:56:02 pm »
and why did you run all of the upk files?
I am learning to write scripts for upk packages because I completely agree with David's opinion that it is much more convenient and save. I wanted to create a upk-package with a script that would allow changing the model number not only to 2D15 but also to any other of the four, because sometimes after changing the number to 2D15 there is a need to restore the original model number. I used David's  dso3kb_2D15_conversion.upk package script as an example. In my script, I left at the end of the script the reboot command, which was also in David's script and which, as I understand it, should reboot the device after the upk-package was executed. And faced the described situation. I could not understand what I was doing wrong and decided to check it on some of upk-packages of David which also have the reboot command, and I saw the same situation. Then I realized that I was running all this upk-packages on the firmware that initially had a problem with the USB-port and I decided to check the execution of these packages on my firmware, which initially had not USB-port problem, and I saw that this auto-reboot problem was not on it. So it became clear that this auto-reboot problem by executing the reboot command in scripts was in the firmware.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #741 on: October 01, 2021, 05:50:01 pm »
Is there something you didn't understood yet about the presence of that file and software versions newer than 210416? Hcp had the problem because it was probably updated using platform-tools by the seller or someone else.
The reboot comand has worked always, no matter if the USB problem was present or not.
Try "reboot -f"

You keep complicating things. Restoring the backup will also restore the model and serial number.
That'w why there're two backups types, one overwriting the software version and the other preserving it.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2021, 05:54:09 pm by DavidAlfa »

Offline vistorik

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #742 on: October 01, 2021, 07:31:54 pm »
Hcp had the problem because it was probably updated using platform-tools by the seller or someone else.
The reboot comand has worked always, no matter if the USB problem was present or not.
Immediately after restoring the system using the platform-tools, there are no problems with auto-reboot. How the factory firmware that causes this problem was obtained by Hantek, I do not know. In this firmware (SW version 0.0.1.1.0(20210311.00, FW b000) there are 2 problems, one is usb (caused by the file Square_cusp.tmp) and the second is auto-reboot. The usb problem may be related to the seller's using of the platform-tools, the auto-reboot problem is not related with using of the platform-tools. After removing the file Square_cusp.tmp the auto-reboot problem still remains. The question is how to fix this problem without using platform-tools. If you want I could send you the damp of this firmware.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #743 on: October 01, 2021, 07:33:20 pm »
Maybe some file was damaged in your system.
Why don't you just run platform-tools and then restore your backup?
It will refresh everything, wipe de data, create and format the partitions... it's the best way to clean up problems.

Sorry, but I'm not going to spend days finding what could be wrong, when it has such easy solution...
« Last Edit: October 01, 2021, 07:36:40 pm by DavidAlfa »

Offline hcp

• Contributor
« Reply #744 on: October 01, 2021, 08:07:58 pm »
Hcp had the problem because it was probably updated using platform-tools by the seller or someone else.

I don't think the seller or someone else used the platform-tools. I bought my scope not from an Aliexpress/Banggood seller or similar, but from a big Polish supplier of electronic components, it is a large company that supplies all kinds of electronics to many European countries and I don't believe that they waste time flashing cheap oscilloscopes  ;D
Most likely it comes from the Hantek factories, where I suspect a complete mess with firmware and software in general.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #745 on: October 01, 2021, 08:17:59 pm »
Oh, Aliexpress sellers do that a lot.
Ex. A lot of Xiaomi phones were shipped with modified fw, adding malware, ads... And disabled OTA so it would stay like that forever.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2021, 08:24:29 pm by DavidAlfa »

Offline vistorik

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #746 on: October 01, 2021, 08:27:36 pm »

I don't think the seller or someone else used the platform-tools. I bought my scope not from an Aliexpress/Banggood seller or similar, but from a big Polish supplier of electronic components, it is a large company that supplies all kinds of electronics to many European countries and I don't believe that they waste time flashing cheap oscilloscopes  ;D
Most likely it comes from the Hantek factories, where I suspect a complete mess with firmware and software in general.
When you did not change the model number of your device from 2D10 to 2D15 could you please try to do it using the dso3kb_2D15_conversion.upk and say if there is the auto-reboot problem with black display? Thanks.

Offline vistorik

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #747 on: October 01, 2021, 08:37:17 pm »
Interesting: the generator starts to work if change the model number from 2C10 to 2C15 - see the photo. Is it known? I used the dso3kb_2D15_conversion.upk with changed sed command:
Code: [Select]
sed -i "s/Model=.*/Model=DSO2C15/g" /cache/system.inf /dso/app/sys_inf.new
« Last Edit: October 01, 2021, 08:48:03 pm by vistorik »

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #748 on: October 01, 2021, 09:16:56 pm »
Did you change the Hardware number? 001 means generator present, and will work in any model.

Original "C" models have HW version .000

So you can enable the generator in both ways.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2021, 09:28:33 pm by DavidAlfa »

Offline hcp

• Contributor
« Reply #749 on: October 01, 2021, 09:18:01 pm »

When you did not change the model number of your device from 2D10 to 2D15 could you please try to do it using the dso3kb_2D15_conversion.upk and say if there is the auto-reboot problem with black display? Thanks.

Sorry, I would not like to do any experiments with my device now, since I am using it intensively right now and I definitely need it on the weekend  :D
So even the smallest probability of getting problems is not acceptable to me.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf