Author Topic: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?  (Read 355577 times)

Aldo22 and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline masta_k74

• Regular Contributor
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1350 on: November 26, 2022, 12:06:36 pm »
@ DavidAlfa

This is the problem with square wave signals. One builds an oscillating circuit super fast without wanting or noticing it. Capacitance of diodes, inductance of conductors, capacitors etc. can cause the strangest effects. This is the reason why I like to work with a linear regulator. Sine signals with 50Hz are much easier to control than a square wave signal with 50kHz and its countless harmonics.
Even with a linear power supply, the diodes can produce high frequency noise. But usually much less.

Offline Russ3000

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1351 on: November 26, 2022, 12:09:06 pm »
Normal pattern for flyback.

It turned out a differential input of 2 channels and even works, now you can measure everything with just two probes, like a simple Fluke 106 :)

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1352 on: November 26, 2022, 12:32:07 pm »
Hi DavidAlfa,
How can we see the effect of overclocking ?
Did you think it would sample faster? That's not how it works.
The user interface, the decoder and FFT speed are quite faster, but the adquisition part will be the same.
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1353 on: November 26, 2022, 12:47:01 pm »
I don't see any snubber at the primary, so the terrible ringing makes sense.
Probably it could be eliminated or mitigated with a small RC snubber.
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)

Offline Russ3000

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1354 on: November 26, 2022, 12:56:30 pm »
I don't see any snubber at the primary, so the terrible ringing makes sense.
Probably it could be eliminated or mitigated with a small RC snubber.
You can put such a damping scheme if it is not

Offline Abdoh_2000

• Contributor
« Reply #1355 on: November 26, 2022, 04:00:09 pm »

PC software: I installed the drivers, windows recognized the device as "USB Test and Measurement Device (IVI)".
But neither DigitalScope or WaveEditor were able to connect, complaining with message "The device is not connected".
Edit: After reinstalling the driver with the scope already connected, it worked.
The custom waveforms can be set up to 25MHz too.

I have dso2d10, installed all the software and drivers, but now my laptop sees it as "USB Test and Measurement Device (IVI)" but the waveform generator and keysight app cant detect it i don't know why, I tried everything (my firmware is 3205 from manufacture)
after contacting hantek official store on aliexpress he advised running the app as administrator but no luck.

what could be the problem? everything else is good with my oscilliscoop

Offline vistorik

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1356 on: November 26, 2022, 07:41:50 pm »

PC software: I installed the drivers, windows recognized the device as "USB Test and Measurement Device (IVI)".
But neither DigitalScope or WaveEditor were able to connect, complaining with message "The device is not connected".
Edit: After reinstalling the driver with the scope already connected, it worked.

I have dso2d10, installed all the software and drivers, but now my laptop sees it as "USB Test and Measurement Device (IVI)" but the waveform generator and keysight app cant detect it i don't know why, I tried everything (my firmware is 3205 from manufacture)
after contacting hantek official store on aliexpress he advised running the app as administrator but no luck.

Did you install the IOLibSuite_18_2_28229?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2022, 08:13:33 pm by vistorik »

Offline Abdoh_2000

• Contributor
« Reply #1357 on: November 26, 2022, 08:03:12 pm »

Did you installed the IOLibSuite_18_2_28229?

Yes I did , before that it was generic USB i think, when i unistall the driver it appear as DSO2D10  but with a warning sign that the driver has some problem

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1358 on: November 27, 2022, 11:43:45 am »
Checked the primary snubber circuit. Original capacitor is 10nF.
Replaced with 47nF capacitor, 47K resistor, FR107 diode... Sadly no difference at all.
Even tried 100nF and 10K.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 01:13:50 pm by DavidAlfa »

Offline Russ3000

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1359 on: November 27, 2022, 12:20:36 pm »
I tried to simulate the circuit, it turned out like this

TVS P6KE150A
D1 RGP25M-E3
« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 12:26:26 pm by Russ3000 »

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1360 on: November 27, 2022, 01:14:30 pm »
I added a large capacitor bank of 6x10uf + 6x100nF to each output (+-8V).
Finally that seems to have done something , high frequency ripple is much lower now.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 01:18:08 pm by DavidAlfa »

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1361 on: November 27, 2022, 01:50:29 pm »
Oops. I had 4Mpt memory depth, which limits to 250MSps, so results weren't accurate.
Measured at 1GSps, it's now about 300mVpp on both +-8V. :horse:

Offline badbod

• Contributor
    • BaDboD
« Reply #1362 on: November 27, 2022, 02:39:05 pm »

Yes I did , before that it was generic USB i think, when i unistall the driver it appear as DSO2D10  but with a warning sign that the driver has some problem

Are you using Windows 11 22H2?  I currently have exactly the same as you using this windows version.  Works fine in Windows 10 22H2 and windows 11 prior to 22H2, so roll back, if this is your situation, and it will work.
 I am using vmware player with windows 10 22H2 guest and pass through the USB device from the host (Windows 11 22H2) ,  whie the host refuses to work, it works fine in the VM,  but also tested roll back and various hardwares and VMs (virtual box also works but video capture....) ,  just windows 11 22H2 on any hardware or in a VM refuses to work with the symptoms exactly as you describe.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 03:00:32 pm by badbod »

Offline Russ3000

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1363 on: November 27, 2022, 03:18:59 pm »
I added a large capacitor bank of 6x10uf + 6x100nF to each output (+-8V).
Finally that seems to have done something , high frequency ripple is much lower now.
I use DC - DC to power the analog part, I looked at the output signal, there was a lot of interference, I installed 2.2 uF capacitors relative to the case, like yours, the interference voltage decreased noticeably, and when measured on the screen, the interference became 10 times more. Returned everything as it was. :)

Offline Abdoh_2000

• Contributor
« Reply #1364 on: November 27, 2022, 04:18:32 pm »

Are you using Windows 11 22H2?  I currently have exactly the same as you using this windows version.  Works fine in Windows 10 22H2 and windows 11 prior to 22H2, so roll back, if this is your situation, and it will work.
 I am using vmware player with windows 10 22H2 guest and pass through the USB device from the host (Windows 11 22H2) ,  whie the host refuses to work, it works fine in the VM,  but also tested roll back and various hardwares and VMs (virtual box also works but video capture....) ,  just windows 11 22H2 on any hardware or in a VM refuses to work with the symptoms exactly as you describe.

Well, that explains a lot of things, I suspected it was from the windows version.
i will try to use a VM, but i used the software in compatibility mode where it can work in windows 8 or 7 environments with no luck.

Offline badbod

• Contributor
    • BaDboD
« Reply #1365 on: November 27, 2022, 07:50:15 pm »

Well, that explains a lot of things, I suspected it was from the windows version.
i will try to use a VM, but i used the software in compatibility mode where it can work in windows 8 or 7 environments with no luck.

Compatibility mode really dont do anything, just lies to programs about the version of windows they are running on.
Depending on how you got to 22H2 version you should be able to go to windows updates settings and uninstall the 22H2 update. Keysight software starts working immediately (tested in several installation scenarios) but if you feel up to running a Virtualbox or Vmware (if your using PRO Win then you also have the built in virtual machines but I don't recommend it for your daily basher.)   then download and install windows 10 (from Msoft site ) in a VM and your gold.

I can't tell if it is Windows or Keysight/ivifoundation problem, so dunno who needs to update or fix what, but it looks like windows is rejecting the Keysight VISA libs,as the IVI instrumentation device always shows waiting/failed to load extension driver when you view it's properties and check  event logs. 22H2 implemeted/fixed/broke? some security 'features' around drivers and signing, though signing does not seem to be the problem soooo......
That it does not affect windows 10 22H2 leads me to think this is something about Secureboot/TPM/UEFI as this is the ony real difference at this level, but this is probably completely bogus and a total red herring? Disabling / enabling related features has no effect so until windows become less opaque I am stumped, hence the workarounds.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 08:36:05 pm by badbod »

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1366 on: November 29, 2022, 07:02:25 am »
As stated here, Jaycar Australia is selling rebadged Hantek scopes.
Seems a great opportunity of getting the source code, I've sent an email to them.

Offline nokin

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1367 on: November 29, 2022, 05:22:01 pm »
My scope's story is so funny.
Last time mine was bricked and lost 2 traces on screen without any reasonable cause. 2 opamp LMH6702 for front end input signal are very hot.
I replaced by 2x AD797 and the scope was alive. Everything is ok now but the response (refresh rate) quite slow and BW is limited @4MHz.
I ordered  set of LMH6702 from China Shopee but they are look like fake.
After receiving these I've replaced one only on 2nd channel. OMG it was same behaviour as genuine one before. Hot, very hot and lost 2nd trace on screen. 1st channel is ok with ad797.
Then I replaced the 2nd "fake" one. Same results.
So what's happened?

The ICs code is easily cleaned by using cotton swabs with alcohol hahaha  :palm:

« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 12:14:40 am by nokin »

Offline Abdoh_2000

• Contributor
« Reply #1368 on: November 29, 2022, 05:25:17 pm »

Compatibility mode really dont do anything, just lies to programs about the version of windows they are running on.
Depending on how you got to 22H2 version you should be able to go to windows updates settings and uninstall the 22H2 update. Keysight software starts working immediately (tested in several installation scenarios) but if you feel up to running a Virtualbox or Vmware (if your using PRO Win then you also have the built in virtual machines but I don't recommend it for your daily basher.)   then download and install windows 10 (from Msoft site ) in a VM and your gold.

I can't tell if it is Windows or Keysight/ivifoundation problem, so dunno who needs to update or fix what, but it looks like windows is rejecting the Keysight VISA libs,as the IVI instrumentation device always shows waiting/failed to load extension driver when you view it's properties and check  event logs. 22H2 implemeted/fixed/broke? some security 'features' around drivers and signing, though signing does not seem to be the problem soooo......
That it does not affect windows 10 22H2 leads me to think this is something about Secureboot/TPM/UEFI as this is the ony real difference at this level, but this is probably completely bogus and a total red herring? Disabling / enabling related features has no effect so until windows become less opaque I am stumped, hence the workarounds.

Aliexpress hanteck store just sent me that they tested Win11 and its working fine, i mentioned that it is only for 22H2 and will see if they can fix it somehow

Thanks for sharing your info

Offline nokin

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1369 on: November 29, 2022, 05:28:50 pm »
Plz don't quote whole post just for small info  |O

The following users thanked this post: morgan_flint, DavidAlfa, masta_k74, bingo8, Abdoh_2000

Offline Russ3000

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1370 on: November 30, 2022, 09:24:24 am »
My scope's story is so funny.
Last time mine was bricked and lost 2 traces on screen without any reasonable cause. 2 opamp LMH6702 for front end input signal are very hot.
I replaced by 2x AD797 and the scope was alive. Everything is ok now but the response (refresh rate) quite slow and BW is limited @4MHz.
I ordered  set of LMH6702 from China Shopee but they are look like fake.
After receiving these I've replaced one only on 2nd channel. OMG it was same behaviour as genuine one before. Hot, very hot and lost 2nd trace on screen. 1st channel is ok with ad797.
Then I replaced the 2nd "fake" one. Same results.
So what's happened?

You can solder the chip from the generator, there will be 1 fast channel while waiting for the LMH6702 ordered in Mauser

Offline nokin

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1371 on: November 30, 2022, 11:02:59 am »
The long story will be continued now...
This morning I've de-soldered the "genuine" U18 same chip for WG but didn't replace immediately to U27.
Instead I soldered back the hot U27 which I took out last time, to U18 position
OMG it is cool and run ok. WG works fine. So 2 U24+U27 maybe still stay safe.
But all "genuine" and "fake" LMH6207 I replaced to U24/U27 postions were hot, and all AD797 are fine.
I can't understand!
I measured volt at pads without chip, all volts are ok.
Pin 4,7 for power, 5V
2 3 input, nearly 0V, 6 output but floating around 400mV. I think all conditions are safe for LMH but they still were hot.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 11:05:17 am by nokin »

Offline masta_k74

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1372 on: November 30, 2022, 11:14:54 am »
It sounds as if a high-frequency oscillation starts with the original OP, which is above the bandwidth of the AD. Unfortunately, I can't think of anything else at the moment.

Offline nokin

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1373 on: November 30, 2022, 11:21:59 am »
LMH 's specs are far better than Ad797 except volts limited why AD797 works fine ? Both channel got same behaviour.

LMHs which I thought were dead before now run ok at U18 WG.

Offline Abdoh_2000

• Contributor
« Reply #1374 on: November 30, 2022, 12:59:38 pm »

i used virtualbox to install windows 10 22h2 and installed all the files and keysight program but after installing windows didnt recognize it, only show as (base system device) without drivers installed
i tried to reinstall all software with no luck, my original system (windows11) still recognize it but VM don't i tried a lot of methods.
Modify message

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf