Author Topic: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?  (Read 355538 times)

techneut, Aleksandr, ksjh and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Abdoh_2000

• Contributor
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1375 on: November 30, 2022, 01:54:28 pm »
Finally, after many attempts to connect my DS02D10 to PC, i installed windows 10 22H2 in virtual box (and enabled USB connection from VirtualBox settings) then after installing the latest software keysight IOLibsuite it installed the driver for me and i was able to connect to my oscillscoop FINALLY

many thanks for (badbod) for his helpfull info

Offline dinorijeka

« Reply #1376 on: December 01, 2022, 04:41:01 pm »
Hello everyone,
 I just bought oscilloscope and realized that the C10 model does not have a generator  :(
I have a DSO2C10 oscilloscope with the generator disabled. I updated the software from FW3200 to FW3203, should that update enable the upgrade from 2C10 to 2D15 if the elements for the generator are mounted. Or do I need to do a model modification.

Offline Altemir

• Contributor
« Reply #1377 on: December 01, 2022, 07:28:02 pm »
dinorijeka
With parts for the generator installed on the board (with a high probability there is a board from 2D15 in the oscilloscope), you can install the mod from DavidAlfa. I recommend that you first make a full backup using the mod. See instructions https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/new-hantek-dso2x1x-models/msg3559217/#msg3559217

If a non-2D15 printed circuit board is installed, then you can install the missing parts yourself and then calibrate the generator. This thread has relevant information.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 07:35:39 pm by Altemir »

Offline dinorijeka

« Reply #1378 on: December 01, 2022, 08:46:59 pm »
Thanks Altemir,

After I change the model and PCB with SCPI commands, the generator worked  :)

Offline vistorik

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1379 on: December 02, 2022, 09:20:16 pm »
So in this update Hantek is no longer flashing rootfs.ubifs.
Turns out it's unnecessary (Blank filesystem?), can be skipped and directly proceed with flashing rootfs.ubifsaa and rootfs.ubifsab.
All the .ubi files are unused, seems to be the original ubi images before they were ubinized into the .ubifs files.
And sure, I tested this in the worst-case scenario, zeroing the whole flash, then restoring with this, worked perfectly.

After cleaning all the useless stuff the size dropped dramatically!
So much that I made a Platform-tools package with all versions fitting in just 47MB.
Added a simple choice script, simplified the driver installation into running "install_driver.bat", Zadig or Phoenix_msi are no longer required.
DavidAlfa, I'm sorry, but what does it exactly mean "zeroing the whole flash" and how did you achieve this? Does "then restoring with this" mean that you used the platform-tools with this completely zeroed flash? Sorry for these questions. I'm asking because I'm not sure I understood you correctly. Thank you very much in advance.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1380 on: December 03, 2022, 04:44:07 am »
It means I filled the entire flash with zeros, then Platform-tools restored it sucessfully.
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate

Offline nokin

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1381 on: December 04, 2022, 12:38:10 pm »
Hi all,
Dear DavidAlfa,
My 2C10 was restored with 2 genuine LMH6702 and works fine now, except of lagging. In fact it seem to be lagged before.
When I tough the probe to signal then ~0.5s later waveforms appear on LCD and disappear same amount of time when I remove.
Response of traces also are lagged too. All range all kind of triggers and memory depth. Quite annoying.
Im using for calibration analog audio like tape deck. Frequency range is just only 50Hz-15kHz. 

Look like mine is under-clocked, don't know why.
I reflashed all 3 times even no converting to 2D15 but no improvement.

Can you tell me yours "speed" ? Are you using without any notice about waveform response refresh rate which is make you crazy ?

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1382 on: December 04, 2022, 03:14:11 pm »
Understand how a scope works - some situations are have lag by "design".

For example, if you set the Time division to 50ms, each division is 50ms, the scope have 12 divisions, so it takes 600ms to refresh the screen.
When the trigger starts samplng, the scope will start sampling the data, it will take that time in $50 and $5000 scopes.
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)

The following users thanked this post: nokin

Offline simba15

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1383 on: December 05, 2022, 02:59:59 pm »
Hi there David, (and others)

Is there a summary of all this information (56 pages of it) ?

The links in your sig are helpful but seem out of date and don't have any general information (noise and other things)

Has any one tried to fit the Ethernet port? I had seen you put some kind of chip there, but another page showed it was possible on old DSO5xxx series.

https://diylazy.wordpress.com/2019/06/11/hantek_ethernet/

Thanks,

Offline vistorik

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1384 on: December 05, 2022, 04:51:08 pm »
It means I filled the entire flash with zeros, then Platform-tools restored it sucessfully.
Below is the result of restortion of the filesystem using platform-tools when the entire flash was filled with zeros.

1. in a HEX-editor 138412032 bytes were filled with 0x00, saved in a file «00 flash 132MB dump.bin», posted here
2. copied the file «00 flash 132MB dump.bin» to dsoflash order, renamed to „restore.bin“
3. using dsoflash write.bat wrote the „restore.bin“ to the flash memory, a copy of command promt window posted here
4. using dsoflash read.bat read the flash memory to the backup.bat file, compared to «00 flash 132MB dump.bin», the files were identical
5. restored the file system using platform-tools 2022.07.07_fpga_3205: 3 errors, the device did not start, black screen
6. using dsoflash read.bat read the flash memory to the backup.bat file, renamed to „00 platform-tools-David-2022.07.07_fpga_3205_ read.bin“, posted here
7. examened the „00 platform-tools-David-2022.07.07_fpga_3205_ read.bin“ in a HEX-editor. The resalts posted here.

So, this test shows that the platform-tools was unable to restore the file system if the entire flash memory was filled with 0x00.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 06:23:58 pm by vistorik »

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1385 on: December 05, 2022, 08:14:38 pm »
Try running "Fastboot erase NAME", where "name" is the partition (boot, rootfs, data...).

Offline vistorik

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1386 on: December 05, 2022, 08:47:42 pm »
Try running "Fastboot erase NAME", where "name" is the partition (boot, rootfs, data...).
Should I do this before platform-tools with zeroed flash, or now after the test and then platform-tools once more?

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1387 on: December 05, 2022, 09:11:33 pm »
Not required. It always worked until people started creating artificial conditions.
Try also "dsoflash erase". That should set the entire flash to "FF”, which is the natural erased state of flash. \$\Omega\$
« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 09:38:04 pm by DavidAlfa »

Offline vistorik

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1388 on: December 05, 2022, 09:26:18 pm »
Not required. It always worked until people started creating artificial conditions.
Try also "dsoflash erase". That should set the entire flash to "FF”, which is the natural erased starte
Thank you very much. This is exactly what I expected to hear from you.

Offline Russ3000

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1389 on: December 06, 2022, 07:31:15 am »

Has any one tried to fit the Ethernet port? I had seen you put some kind of chip there, but another page showed it was possible on old DSO5xxx series.

Thanks,
Do you play DOOM online?:D

There is no Ethernet in this device, you can connect MAX 232 and communicate with a computer via a serial port, if you have one.

Offline simba15

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1390 on: December 06, 2022, 06:36:23 pm »

Thanks,
Do you play DOOM online?:D

There is no Ethernet in this device, you can connect MAX 232 and communicate with a computer via a serial port, if you have one.
No Doom for me, Yet, (currently my co worker is is always raving about his offline god mode)

There is a foot print of a Network port on the Main PCB, and a foot print another ic, but this is where it seems to differ from the DSO5xxx.

Are there any unpopulated spots on he bottom?

Offline Russ3000

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1391 on: December 06, 2022, 08:56:46 pm »
Here is a schematic of the unsoldered parts.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1392 on: December 07, 2022, 12:48:52 am »
Good news! After emailing Jaycar few days ago, I got the source code!
Includes Kernel, uboot and fpga i2c & spi kernel modules (Which seem to include some interesting info, commands...)

Definitely for this device: "linux/arch/arm/boot/dts/suniv-f1c100s-licheepi-nano_dso2dxx.dts".
Edit: Everything compiled easily with minor modifications to build.sh/Makefile, replacing the cross-compiler with arm-linux-gnueabi- and fixing the paths.
Tomorrow I'll be playing with it, trying to add networking / USB Wireless / SD support.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 01:56:33 am by DavidAlfa »

The following users thanked this post: Altemir, eevbstedt, morgan_flint, pcprogrammer, masta_k74, daf0x, nokin, bingo8

Offline Russ3000

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1393 on: December 07, 2022, 07:39:03 am »
:clap:
Wireless is certainly good, will it be possible to fix program bugs in the device itself?

The following users thanked this post: aztecboy

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1394 on: December 07, 2022, 09:10:09 am »
:clap:
Will it be possible to fix program bugs in the device itself?
No :-//

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1395 on: December 07, 2022, 02:22:36 pm »
Thank you very much. This is exactly what I expected to hear from you.
I did the test.

As you said, platform-tools failed to recover if the memory was fully written with 0s, including the ECC area.
However, after restarting the scope, now the memory was flashed correctly.

So I modified the Platform-tools script to detect this.
If flashing fails, it will erase everything, reboot and try flashing again.

At leats for me, it's working perfect!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 03:25:20 pm by DavidAlfa »

Offline simba15

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1396 on: December 07, 2022, 02:33:09 pm »

Thanks!

Can you advise what some of the bugs that need to be resolved?

Wireless or any kind of network would be great.

Offline vistorik

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1397 on: December 07, 2022, 02:47:40 pm »
Effectively, platform-toosl fqiled to flahs a fully "zeored" flash including the ECC area.
However if you restart the scope and run flash again, it works.
I modified the Platform-tools script to erase everything before flashing, hopefully will work perfectly now, give it a try!
What does "Effectively, platform-toosl fqiled to flahs a fully "zeored" flash including the ECC area" mean?
Thank you for modification of the platform-tools. Still not updated.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 02:53:09 pm by vistorik »

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1398 on: December 07, 2022, 03:22:23 pm »
Sorry, my thick fingers and the phone keyboard aren't good friends - Edited.  ;)
Yeah, I noticed there were some conditions I wasn't handling that could cause an endless loop in the script.

Fixed, uploaded.

Offline Russ3000

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1399 on: December 07, 2022, 07:13:01 pm »

Thanks!

Can you advise what some of the bugs that need to be resolved?

Wireless or any kind of network would be great.
Everything is described by the link, if you find more bugs, add them, let the developers fix it.
https://www.eediscuss.com/forum.php?mod=forumdisplay&fid=44

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf