Author Topic: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?  (Read 352417 times)

Offline nokin

• Regular Contributor
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1400 on: December 08, 2022, 02:37:39 am »
Hi DavidAlfa,
Pls add more useful functions, such as WG setup memory (frq, volt output, offset) then save and fast recall through F0 F1 F2... F5.
 :-+

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1401 on: December 08, 2022, 02:56:48 am »
I can't do that, I'm not a programmer, neither I have Hantek software sources, all I do is some simple tweaking.
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate

The following users thanked this post: nokin

Offline Abdoh_2000

• Contributor
« Reply #1402 on: December 08, 2022, 10:35:40 am »
Hi, I have a fairly new Hantek DSO2D10

I noticed now that I have a deviation of about 0.5V and reach 1V pk-pk (i think it is AC voltage) I tried to eliminate but don't know how

i noticed that my body has AC voltage with 60Hz and 20V RMS when touching the ground so i bought some arm-grounding strip and connect it to oscilloscope GND, RMS now about 2V but still there and as you see here it makes the signal distorted

(See attachment )

Offline masta_k74

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1403 on: December 08, 2022, 11:09:05 am »
Actually impossible when using a proper test probe. However, if you measure with the crocodile clip cable, this is not impossible. That is why a proper test probe is included.
If this happens with the test probe, it may be defective or your socket may not be properly earthed.

Offline Abdoh_2000

• Contributor
« Reply #1404 on: December 08, 2022, 11:24:39 am »
Actually impossible when using a proper test probe. However, if you measure with the crocodile clip cable, this is not impossible. That is why a proper test probe is included.
If this happens with the test probe, it may be defective or your socket may not be properly earthed.

My oscilloscope is floating with no earth connected. i'm using the test probe. when i completly remove the probe it disappear but when i just remove the probe head it seams to reduce the distotion alot. i dont know my probe head is deffective or what but its fairly new and i have 2 all with same problem

Offline Russ3000

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1405 on: December 08, 2022, 11:31:35 am »
Abdoh_2000
You will have to disassemble the device and measure the + 5V analog power point.

Offline pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1406 on: December 08, 2022, 12:16:30 pm »

I noticed now that I have a deviation of about 0.5V and reach 1V pk-pk (i think it is AC voltage) I tried to eliminate but don't know how

i noticed that my body has AC voltage with 60Hz and 20V RMS when touching the ground so i bought some arm-grounding strip and connect it to oscilloscope GND, RMS now about 2V but still there and as you see here it makes the signal distorted

(See attachment )

Your body works as an antenna and picks up on the electric field the mains puts out. Proper grounding the scope might reduce this a bit, but when touching the probe tip with your finger you still pick up on this.

My oscilloscope is floating with no earth connected. i'm using the test probe. when i completly remove the probe it disappear but when i just remove the probe head it seams to reduce the distotion alot. i dont know my probe head is deffective or what but its fairly new and i have 2 all with same problem

The top part that you can disconnect from the probe is an extension to the tip without shielding and also acts as an antenna. All normal behavior.

Offline Abdoh_2000

• Contributor
« Reply #1407 on: December 08, 2022, 02:13:40 pm »

(See attachment )

Your body works as an antenna and picks up on the electric field the mains puts out. Proper grounding the scope might reduce this a bit, but when touching the probe tip with your finger you still pick up on this.

The top part that you can disconnect from the probe is an extension to the tip without shielding and also acts as an antenna. All normal behavior.

if i act as an antenna why it becomes very small when i remove my legs from the floor, shouldn't my body still antenna ?
i thought we have some electricity leakage at first.

also how i can eliminate this especially that my house is not grouned, and we have only two 120V lines out of phase which create the normal 220V

Offline Abdoh_2000

• Contributor
« Reply #1408 on: December 08, 2022, 02:15:50 pm »
Abdoh_2000
You will have to disassemble the device and measure the + 5V analog power point.

i would rather not break the warranty and solve it without opening it (it cost me most of my hardware budget  :D) i tried buying better brand but this had a good price

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1409 on: December 08, 2022, 02:20:53 pm »
That's normal, a floating probe will pick up anything from the air.
Removing earth connection will make it worse.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2022, 03:19:58 pm by DavidAlfa »
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)

The following users thanked this post: masta_k74

Offline pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1410 on: December 08, 2022, 02:23:19 pm »
if i act as an antenna why it becomes very small when i remove my legs from the floor, shouldn't my body still antenna ?
i thought we have some electricity leakage at first.

also how i can eliminate this especially that my house is not grouned, and we have only two 120V lines out of phase which create the normal 220V

:) I have never tried that, remove my legs from the floor that is, when touching the probe tip. An electric field's behavior is not my expertise, all I know is that it is what is causing the scope to pick up a signal when the probe is not connected to any test signal, or touched with your finger. The fact that you have a multi phase mains might make it behave differently. DavidAlfa wrote in this thread that he had problems with his scope due to the lack of a proper grounding, so it might be also the cause of your problems.

Offline BillyO

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1411 on: December 08, 2022, 03:20:13 pm »
My oscilloscope is floating with no earth connected.

Are these scopes specifically designed to work this way (I seriously doubt they are)?  If not, you may want to get an earth connected for a multitude of reasons.  Picking up line frequency hum is just one of the more obvious, but the most important is that if there was a failure in the power supply it could destroy a DUT or even kill you.
Bill  (Currently a Siglent fanboy)
--------------------------------------------------
Want to see an old guy fumble around re-learning a career left 40 years ago?  Well, look no further .. https://www.youtube.com/@uni-byte

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1412 on: December 08, 2022, 03:21:43 pm »
The PSU has the usual 2-4nF capacitors between live and earth.
No earth will cause everything to get slighly energized.

Offline Abdoh_2000

• Contributor
« Reply #1413 on: December 08, 2022, 05:16:17 pm »
Thanks for your info, i know the downs of not having earth connected especially the (you may die if it failed) but my house wiring has no ground, it was built way back where grounding was not enforced i think.

what my options are in this case ?

i want to add that i have big G.S.M tower on top of my house for one of the local companies, i'm afraid that it may cause interference on my circuits (what a bad house to design circuits :) :))

Offline BillyO

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1414 on: December 08, 2022, 05:48:37 pm »
What I have done, since I don't trust my house wiring, is pound two 3m long pieces of re-bar into the ground just outside the window to my electronics room.  I have connected them together with a 10AWG copper wire and connected that to the earth wiring and to the neutral.  This way I have a good solid earth and my neutral is properly bonded to earth.

I do not know if this is possible for you or not, but it might be a solution.  Can you determine which conductor in your house wiring is neutral?

Didn't Saudi change from ~127V to 230V in teh last couple of decades?
Want to see an old guy fumble around re-learning a career left 40 years ago?  Well, look no further .. https://www.youtube.com/@uni-byte

Offline Russ3000

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1415 on: December 08, 2022, 08:13:56 pm »

what my options are in this case ?
You need to conduct an experiment, go to someone's house outside the range of the radio tower.
I am more than sure that the +5V voltage of the analog part of the device.

Offline Abdoh_2000

• Contributor
« Reply #1416 on: December 08, 2022, 08:40:23 pm »
What I have done, since I don't trust my house wiring, is pound two 3m long pieces of re-bar into the ground just outside the window to my electronics room.  I have connected them together with a 10AWG copper wire and connected that to the earth wiring and to the neutral.  This way I have a good solid earth and my neutral is properly bonded to earth.

I do not know if this is possible for you or not, but it might be a solution.  Can you determine which conductor in your house wiring is neutral?

Im afraid i can't do that, first im in the third floor. second it maybe surprising but actually i don't have access to the earth, all roads either asphalt or ceramic floors.
the only actual ground is across the road  :) :)

Yes now Saudi Arabia switched new building to 220V for each phase, but i live in old building with 120V/phase with no neutral (i thinks the neural is available in the main breaker but because no one use 120V they just ignore it i)

Offline Abdoh_2000

• Contributor
« Reply #1417 on: December 08, 2022, 08:45:35 pm »

You need to conduct an experiment, go to someone's house outside the range of the radio tower.

Sorry, i didn't get you on the second line
you mean +5V is causing my problem ? and can you explain why is that

thanks

Offline BillyO

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1418 on: December 08, 2022, 11:13:32 pm »

Im afraid i can't do that, first im in the third floor. second it maybe surprising but actually i don't have access to the earth, all roads either asphalt or ceramic floors.
the only actual ground is across the road  :) :)
Too bad.

An isolation transformer might help with the safety aspect, but it may not help much with the noise.

Offline Russ3000

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1419 on: December 09, 2022, 07:05:39 am »

Sorry, i didn't get you on the second line
you mean +5V is causing my problem ? and can you explain why is that

thanks
Are you measuring the signal from the calibrator?
Here is his diagram. The transistor operates in the key mode, switches 1000 times per second, the output is a meander. When the transistor is open, the output is 0V, and when it is closed, the +5V analog supply voltage is supplied to the output through resistors R523 and R517, we see it at the top of the pulse, with a normal +5V analog supply there is a straight line.

Offline masta_k74

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1420 on: December 09, 2022, 07:43:28 am »
Too bad.

An isolation transformer might help with the safety aspect, but it may not help much with the noise.

Maybe he has water or heating pipes in his flat. Sometimes you can also use these as earthing.
(Even if this is not optimal, it can help).

Offline Abdoh_2000

• Contributor
« Reply #1421 on: December 09, 2022, 01:13:27 pm »
Too bad.

Maybe he has water or heating pipes in his flat. Sometimes you can also use these as earthing.
(Even if this is not optimal, it can help).

;D we only have air conditioner, its hot even in winter  :)

i have a question off-topic, how much power can the function generator output?
i looked in the datasheet of the device but nothing mentioned, 

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1422 on: December 09, 2022, 01:23:24 pm »
Close to nothing. it's just for signal/very low power.
There's a 50 Ohm resistor in series, any load will bring the amplitude down.

Offline Abdoh_2000

• Contributor
« Reply #1423 on: December 09, 2022, 01:39:38 pm »
Close to nothing. it's just for signal/very low power.
There's a 50 Ohm resistor in series, any load will bring the amplitude down.

and for the last 2 days, i was playing with a speaker connected directly to it and was happy because it had a loud sound, where i can find all diagrams before i break something?

Offline pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1424 on: December 09, 2022, 01:51:45 pm »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf