Author Topic: NEW 100MHz Keysight Scope Release on 1st March 2017  (Read 237540 times)

Offline bitwelder

• Frequent Contributor
Re: NEW 100MHz Keysight Scope Release on 1st March 2017
« Reply #650 on: March 19, 2017, 06:59:49 am »
:-DD  :-DD

The last dozen or more posts have been with Siglent as the topic of discussion in a KS thread.  ;D
Rename the thread March Scopemonth?  :P

The following users thanked this post: tautech

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #651 on: March 19, 2017, 08:11:48 am »

The last dozen or more posts have been with Siglent as the topic of discussion in a KS thread.  ;D
Certainly seems that way, interesting times.  :)

Butting out now, we've got some new stuff coming soon too.  :-DMM
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline mrpackethead

• Super Contributor
  • D Size Cell
« Reply #652 on: March 19, 2017, 08:14:01 am »

Certainly seems that way, interesting times.  :)

Butting out now, we've got some new stuff coming soon too.  :-DMM

Makes me dislike siglent even more.
On a quest to find increasingly complicated ways to blink things

Offline ws2812b

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #653 on: March 19, 2017, 12:07:23 pm »
Pretty loud too. My application is in a quiet, audio-based environment where I need to hear subtle changes in musical pitch.

The old DSO that I use the most has a custom fan which is both large and looks like something to drive a wind tunnel but is practically silent.  A couple of my most used analog oscilloscopes are completely silent which can be a problem as well; I have left both on at one time or another without noticing for a week.

I do not know why so many test instruments now have such loud fans.  Maybe thermal engineering is considered too simple to be given enough consideration.

I'm also searching a pretty quiet scope. Can you give an idea how loud "pretty loud" is? Is there a spec? The only scope where I found a spec in the data sheet (and is in my price and feature range ;-)), seems to be the RTB2000? https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/new-killer-scope-a-true-game-changer-from-rs-rtb2002-rtb2004/ There it says: "Audible noise | maximum sound pressure level at a distance of 1.0 m | 28.3 dB(A)"

Offline TheAmmoniacal

• Supporter
« Reply #654 on: March 19, 2017, 12:21:50 pm »
I'm starting to lose track of what the different models can and can't do, how are the EDUX and DSOX different? Apart from the obvious - bandwidth and sample rate.

If we compare the EDUX1002G and DSOX1102G ...

Can the Ext Trig output also work as a digital input on the EDUX? So +/-1.6 or +/-8v? (mike says: "EDUX only has a single range for the EXT input, hence no relay")

The EDUX also has an option to enable Serial Triggering and Analysis (I²C, SPI, UART/RS-232), just not CAN and LIN?

Any other differences?

And is it correct that all models (A and G) has the training signals included? And these are generated by a hardware signal generator, it just doesn't have the frontend to the Gen Out?

Offline mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #655 on: March 19, 2017, 12:46:12 pm »
There is a feature comparison table in the datasheet listing all the differences.
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

Offline TheAmmoniacal

• Supporter
« Reply #656 on: March 19, 2017, 01:01:07 pm »
Alright, got that cleared up.

As it doesn't have SPI decoding, what about the Ext Trig as input?

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #657 on: March 19, 2017, 02:10:41 pm »
Alright, got that cleared up.

As it doesn't have SPI decoding, what about the Ext Trig as input?
Pretty sure it has this,just only one voltage range

Offline snoopy

• Frequent Contributor
    • Analog Precision
« Reply #658 on: March 20, 2017, 05:32:21 am »
I was wondering how long before SC came out with a review of this scope. Didn't take long because there's a review of the DSOX1102G in April Edition of Silicon Chip Magazine ;) Interesting enough it talks about a 2Gs/s sampling rate for 4 channel models. Freudian slip ?

Offline TheAmmoniacal

• Supporter
« Reply #659 on: March 25, 2017, 04:51:42 pm »
How many probe attenuation options does the scope give you? (Same for EDUX and DSOX I assume?) Does it have 0.2X and 0.5X for example?

If only Keysight would include the EDUX1EMBD I would throw my money at the 1002G.

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #660 on: March 25, 2017, 05:18:02 pm »
How many probe attenuation options does the scope give you? (Same for EDUX and DSOX I assume?) Does it have 0.2X and 0.5X for example?

0.1 to 10000 in 1-2-5 steps. also -20 to +80dB in 0.1dB steps. Also volts & amps

Offline synthRodriguez

« Reply #661 on: March 28, 2017, 05:17:17 pm »
Pretty loud too. My application is in a quiet, audio-based environment where I need to hear subtle changes in musical pitch.

The old DSO that I use the most has a custom fan which is both large and looks like something to drive a wind tunnel but is practically silent.  A couple of my most used analog oscilloscopes are completely silent which can be a problem as well; I have left both on at one time or another without noticing for a week.

I do not know why so many test instruments now have such loud fans.  Maybe thermal engineering is considered too simple to be given enough consideration.

I'm also searching a pretty quiet scope. Can you give an idea how loud "pretty loud" is? Is there a spec? The only scope where I found a spec in the data sheet (and is in my price and feature range ;-)), seems to be the RTB2000? https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/new-killer-scope-a-true-game-changer-from-rs-rtb2002-rtb2004/ There it says: "Audible noise | maximum sound pressure level at a distance of 1.0 m | 28.3 dB(A)"

Using my beat-up Radio Shack sound level meter I found in a parking lot along with my calibrated Stanley tape measure, I'm getting 56 dB at one meter, A-weighted when pointing it at the back of the unit.

The following users thanked this post: ws2812b

Offline TheAmmoniacal

• Supporter
« Reply #662 on: March 28, 2017, 05:20:09 pm »
Contacted my local Keysight distributor, 7 week delivery time on the EDUX1002G .. And no promos or package price for the decode option. Guess I'll wait a few weeks, keep an eye on the competition.

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #663 on: March 28, 2017, 05:27:09 pm »
Contacted my local Keysight distributor, 7 week delivery time on the EDUX1002G .. And no promos or package price for the decode option. Guess I'll wait a few weeks, keep an eye on the competition.
Farnell are showing 34 in stock.
Also don't forget the Scope Month giveaweays!

Offline TheAmmoniacal

• Supporter
« Reply #664 on: March 28, 2017, 05:45:26 pm »

I wish it was that easy. Farnell is also the cheapest option, but Farnell Norway do not sell to individuals  |O. The only other option I know of locally is Elfa Distrelec (https://www.elfadistrelec.no/en/oscilloscope-2x50-mhz-gs-keysight-edux1002g/p/30081608) but they refuse to ship to me, as I only have a PO Box (living on a university campus)  :-//.

My country is not eligible for the scopemonth, and no luck with Dave's giveaway (or ElectroBOOM's!). I guess I'll have to order it from abroad.. The fees associated with that stings though.

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #665 on: March 28, 2017, 05:50:07 pm »
Why do you even want the EDUX1002G? It is positioned to outfit a classroom at low cost. For personal use you can get so much better bang for your buck that it is borderline insane to buy it.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline TheAmmoniacal

• Supporter
« Reply #666 on: March 28, 2017, 05:54:49 pm »
Why do you even want the EDUX1002G? It is positioned to outfit a classroom at low cost. For personal use you can get so much better bang for your buck that it is borderline insane to buy it.

My room is a classroom  ;D

Offline Keysight DanielBogdanoff

• Supporter
  • ALL THE SCOPES!
    • Keysight Scopes YouTube channel
« Reply #667 on: March 29, 2017, 06:32:49 pm »

I wish it was that easy. Farnell is also the cheapest option, but Farnell Norway do not sell to individuals  |O. The only other option I know of locally is Elfa Distrelec (https://www.elfadistrelec.no/en/oscilloscope-2x50-mhz-gs-keysight-edux1002g/p/30081608) but they refuse to ship to me, as I only have a PO Box (living on a university campus)  :-//.

My country is not eligible for the scopemonth, and no luck with Dave's giveaway (or ElectroBOOM's!). I guess I'll have to order it from abroad.. The fees associated with that stings though.

You can go to http://www.keysight.com/find/distributor and get a full list of distributors for your country. I see 7 options for Finland.

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #668 on: March 29, 2017, 06:37:10 pm »

You can go to http://www.keysight.com/find/distributor and get a full list of distributors for your country. I see 7 options for Finland.
Speaking of Finland,  I'm surprised Daniel hasn't sent one to the Hydraulic Press channel....

Offline GlowingGhoul

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #669 on: March 29, 2017, 08:58:48 pm »

Speaking of Finland,  I'm surprised Daniel hasn't sent one to the Hydraulic Press channel....

Something tells me Keysight will have plenty of DMMs available for the hydraulic press very soon.....

Offline bitwelder

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #670 on: March 30, 2017, 05:00:31 pm »
Errr.... for Norway (which should be TheAmmoniacal country) the FULL list is... 3 distributors, and one of the them is the above-mentioned Farnell.

Offline TheAmmoniacal

• Supporter
« Reply #671 on: March 30, 2017, 05:10:22 pm »
Errr.... for Norway (which should be TheAmmoniacal country) the FULL list is... 3 distributors, and one of the them is the above-mentioned Farnell.

You're right. Lots of countries to keep track of!

Acal BFi and Farnell don't sell to individuals, and 4Test didn't get scopes during the first shipments - so a 7 week delivery time (for the next batches to arrive). I found it on RS Components though, but $120 more than other places :(

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #672 on: March 30, 2017, 05:12:22 pm »
I found it on RS Components though, but $120 more than other places :(
May be worth contacting them to see if they will price-match

Offline znroot

• Contributor
  • EE
« Reply #673 on: March 31, 2017, 07:34:58 pm »
I've got my DSOX1102G today...
The first impression is it's a huge and quality upgrade over SDS1000X and DS2072A.
Now let's see how it work in a production lab  :box:
I love negative feedback

The following users thanked this post: Keysight DanielBogdanoff

Offline TheAmmoniacal

• Supporter
« Reply #674 on: April 08, 2017, 06:14:40 pm »
Are there any soft carrying cases and front panel covers compatible with the new InfiniiVision 1000 X-Series?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf