Author Topic: new killer scope in town - a true game changer from R&S - RTB2002 & RTB2004  (Read 807734 times)

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
Hacking the scope does not count.
By having Siglent say this low end scope now includes free serial decode out of the box, that still says a lot IMO.
I don't see why hacking wouldn't count. In the end what counts is value for money. Besides that Siglent and Keysight both have almost ongoing special offers where you get the decoding for free. All in all doing decoding out of the box (which GW Instek did first on their GDS-2000E BTW) isn't really special.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline ruairi

• Frequent Contributor
Fyi, there's a promo at Testequity for a fully unlocked 4ch version for the price of the base 4ch model. While supplies last it looks.

Pretty decent savings.

https://www.testequity.com/products/33440/?pitem=45772

A bit less expensive at Tequipment with member discount: http://www.tequipment.net/search/?F_Keyword=rtb2k-com4&guid=91eba3a788cd4993988097219695d556&s=1&F_Suggestions=rtb2k-com4&F_OriginalKeyword=RTB2K-COM4.99

Looks great and a good price for all that, but I'd like to see a review (Dave's or otherwise) before further consideration.

Does anyone know if you can use the EEVblog forum discount with the Tequipment member discount or is it one or the other?

This offer is hard to beat

Online mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
Fyi, there's a promo at Testequity for a fully unlocked 4ch version for the price of the base 4ch model. While supplies last it looks.

Pretty decent savings.

So basically the 300MHz model with all the options for slightly over US $2000.

That is insanely good value. I almost wonder if it's an error. "while stocks last" on something that's just launched, and possibly not even actually available yet, seems odd.

At that price it would absolutely be a serious game-changer
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 11:53:27 pm by mikeselectricstuff »
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

The following users thanked this post: Relaxe

Offline Rich@RohdeScopesUSA

• Frequent Contributor

Pretty decent savings.

That is insanely good value. I almost wonder if it's an error. "while stocks last" on something that's just launched, and possibly not even actually available yet, seems odd.

Hi Folks - as I said in the other thread, not too good to be true. All US and Canada partners can offer this deal. It is specific to US and Canada (sorry folks - other regions will have their own specials). It is a screaming deal - we wanted to give early adopters a fantastic deal.  We believe the scope is tops in its class, but the proof is in the pudding as they say, and we want a number of folks to get them in their hands early - we think they'll be pleased and will help build awareness around the scopes. 

All our partners that stock should have them on their shelf (or will shortly).

And the quantity is limited (first come first served!).

-Rich

Edit:  Deleted the quantity reference about it being "fairly large" - don't want to create misunderstanding that there are tons of launch edition units. 
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 01:19:16 pm by Rich@RohdeScopesUSA »

The following users thanked this post: thm_w, Relaxe

Offline kkessler

• Regular Contributor

Pretty decent savings.

I went ahead and ordered one, and it didn't balk at me saying it wasn't really available or anything.  If it is really a limited time offer, I figure if I don't like it, I can probably sell it used for what I paid for it.

Offline AR

• Contributor
Hello Mike ,

Have you been told when you will receive the scope, I am looking forward to your comparison with your Keysight unit.

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
Hello Mike ,

Have you been told when you will receive the scope, I am looking forward to your comparison with your Keysight unit.
Not yet but expecting to know any day - soon I think.
I just emailed my UK contact about the launch offer in Europe.

Offline AR

• Contributor
Mike are you tempted to get  one at these prices .
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 12:50:43 am by AR »

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
Mike are you tempted to get  one at these prices .
If they hadn't already promised to send me one, and I didn't have the MSOX3104T, definitely.
At that price it's a total no-brainer.

Offline irakandjii

• Regular Contributor
I went to buy one at $2080 US. and yet again... FAIL  these guys can't ship to Canada.

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
I went to buy one at $2080 US. and yet again... FAIL  these guys can't ship to Canada.
Quote from: Rich@RohdeScopesUSA
All US and Canada partners can offer this deal.
Time to talk to your local friendly Canadian R&S dealer eh?.

Offline irakandjii

• Regular Contributor
Crosses fingers...

I have been looking for a high bandwidth scope able to handle very long serial decodes.  From the brochure this will do the job and all my wish list at that, for not much more than the Picoscope I was looking at.

Offline mrpackethead

• Super Contributor
  • D Size Cell
The Keysight 3000X hacked to 1GHz for $4k is also attractive.
On a quest to find increasingly complicated ways to blink things

Offline Rich@RohdeScopesUSA

• Frequent Contributor
Crosses fingers...

I have been looking for a high bandwidth scope able to handle very long serial decodes.  From the brochure this will do the job and all my wish list at that, for not much more than the Picoscope I was looking at.
Hi irakandjii - just replied to your PM. For those looking in Canada, Test Force is our main partner there.

-Rich

Offline mrpackethead

• Super Contributor
  • D Size Cell
What abotu NZ?

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream

Looks like you will need to contact Testforce or R&H Canada(they claim to sell direct - perhaps only to large accounts though?)

Or find a US distributor that will ship to Canada, it might still be cheaper depending on the currency conversion they use.

At 2K USD with all options it does seem like a hell of a good deal.
VE7FM

Offline mrpackethead

• Super Contributor
  • D Size Cell
Keysight_DanielBogdano  ... Check...

This is a really really good deal for $2k or so..  What can Keysight give me for the same money?  I was about to push go on ordering a 3000 series, and then this came along.

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
If Keysight responds I'd expect them to offer a great deal on a 200 MHz MSOX2000 series scope with the software bundle. If they do happen to offer something special with the 3000 series consider it though if the pricing is reasonable because of the smartprobe interface and builtin 50 ohm termination.

I'm looking forward to Dave and Mike's reviews/teardowns, general comments etc.
VE7FM

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog

For a high end bit of kit, worth get it shipped to a US forwarding address?

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
I heard today that my unit is being organised. Mix up in Germany or something...

Offline mrpackethead

• Super Contributor
  • D Size Cell
you'd need to do a comparions with a MSOX3034T or similar.. to match teh bandwitdth.

On paper i like the Keysight better but that scope at $2k is very appealing.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
From Siglent (arguably the cheapest mid-range end scope maker) $2k buys you the Siglent SDS2304X 300MHz 4-Ch Digital Oscilloscope without MSO.
http://www.saelig.com/product/sds2304x.htm
Wow, an R&S scope is the same price as a Siglent, but you get MSO + 10 bit ADC + big high res touch screen.
 :o  :wtf:

Offline snoopy

• Frequent Contributor
    • Analog Precision
I heard today that my unit is being organised. Mix up in Germany or something...

How to get them in Australia ?

Farnell/Element14 list them but no special !!

http://au.element14.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?pageSize=25&st=RTB2004&catalogId=15001&categoryId=800000019504&langId=43&storeId=10184

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
From Siglent (arguably the cheapest mid-range end scope maker) $2k buys you the Siglent SDS2304X 300MHz 4-Ch Digital Oscilloscope without MSO.
http://www.saelig.com/product/sds2304x.htm
Wow, an R&S scope is the same price as a Siglent, but you get MSO + 10 bit ADC + big high res touch screen.
 :o  :wtf:
:)

The Siglent kicks it's arse for memory depth and wfm/s, probably Pass/Fail too but whe'll have to wait for some proper reviews.
Put a bundle together with AVG, Decode and MSO and have another look at comparable pricing.  :scared:
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
If I have to choose between the Siglent or the Rohde & Schwarz, I would never choose the Siglent.

It may have more waveforms updates per second, but 50k for the R&S is enough (for me).
The R&S can go up to 160Mpts memory depth, which is more than the Siglent has.
Beside other things: the R&S comes with R&S quality and not with the Siglent rust.

Just my 2 cents.

Edit: Typos
“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf