Author Topic: Is all DMM probes about to be of remarkable bad quality?  (Read 4971 times)

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
Re: Is all DMM probes about to be of remarkable bad quality?
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2022, 05:28:48 pm »
Or forget about those, regardless of what name is on them, and get the Probe Master 8100 series instead:
https://probemaster.com/spring-loaded-micro-tip-test-lead-kit/

Offline Scherms

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2022, 12:26:18 am »
I've had these TP175 on my 88v for 2 years without issue! And they came with the meter...

:-+e
« Last Edit: March 31, 2022, 12:30:57 am by Scherms »

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2022, 02:30:37 am »
In the smaller size, the TL910 "sex on a stick" is a high quality small probe.
I disagree on this point, I own these probes and while they have not failed the tip is just held in by friction and mine just fall out...
Keysight 34133A are a million times better, the tip is spring loaded so it has an extreme "sex on a stick" feel to it!
They are cheaper than the Fluke probes too!

TL910 is piece of shit , It is basically a Pomona 634x . Just heap of garbage. I had 4 Pair of them. All them failed one failed after it lose friction and could not hold probe. Another onces just hold the sprint tips but does not make electrical contact. These probes looks good. Feels good. But just a garbage. These would regularly make bad contact and you will wonder if its you or your circuit.
Now i make my precision probes for low voltage and space constrained places. I made them with copper tubes and really top quality spring loaded pins. May be I can share photos if any one interested.

Regards
See also here:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/useful-adaptor-techniques/msg1223935/#msg1223935

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf