Author Topic: New 12bit 500MHz Micsig scope WITH knobs [Mic-OPI] MHO5004-12bit / MDO5004-8bit  (Read 10506 times)

thephil and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline DaneLawTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
A brief display video

Offline electr_peter

• Supporter
Batronix added new range of Micsigs - MDO2504/3504/5004 (8-bit) and MHO3-2504/3504/5004 (12-bit). There is also ETO3504/5004 range (with battery inside, 8-bit, only touch with no knobs).
Price range is 2 - 5k€ with VAT (1.7 - 4k€ without VAT).

One thing to note is that new models are much bigger with 14 inch screens (previously 8-10 inch).
Has anyone used one already?

Online tszaboo

• Super Contributor
  • Current job: ATEX product design
Batronix added new range of Micsigs - MDO2504/3504/5004 (8-bit) and MHO3-2504/3504/5004 (12-bit). There is also ETO3504/5004 range (with battery inside, 8-bit, only touch with no knobs).

One thing to note is that new models are much bigger with 14 inch screens (previously 8-10 inch).
It doesn't show up in my webshop. Do you have a link for it?

Online Antonio90

• Frequent Contributor

It shows up if you search for MHO, for example, and you can add it to cart, but there is no product page yet. Clicking on it just returns a 404 error.

The following users thanked this post: tszaboo

Offline Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
You can also see it in the overview, then it won't be long before it becomes "real".

« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 07:06:31 pm by Martin72 »

Offline armandine2

• Frequent Contributor
a couple of years ago after watching Dave's video I was smitten by a Micsig  :palm:

... but playing hard to get only goes so far

Funny, the things you have the hardest time parting with are the things you need the least - Bob Dylan

Offline electr_peter

• Supporter

Search feature shows every model (link). Website will be updated soon to have proper product pages by the looks of it.

Online tszaboo

• Super Contributor
  • Current job: ATEX product design
Prices without VAT:
MDO2504 8 bit 250MHz 3GSPS 1700 EUR
MDO3504 8 bit 350MHz 3GSPS 2400 EUR
MDO5004 8 bit 500MHz 3GSPS 2400 EUR
MHO2504 12 bit 250MHz 3GSPS 2000 EUR
MDO3504 12 bit 350MHz 3GSPS 3000 EUR
MDO5004 12 bit 500MHz 3GSPS 4000 EUR

The 12 bit overhead is 300 EUR. It would be interesting to see what's inside, I think it's likely they have the same hardware inside, or maybe it's an ADC swapped to 8 bit version of the same part. No rubbish 2 channel versions, but also no AWG or LA. Oh and no 70 and 100MHz entry level model crippled in SW.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2024, 10:46:53 am by tszaboo »

Online Antonio90

• Frequent Contributor
The base model's page is already available at Batronix.
English datasheet available under "downloads", too big to attach without compressing. It doesn't seem to include the number of math channels, although it has a healthy amount of math with editor, dual 3GS/s ADCs, 360Mpts per ADC, statistics... Only 360Kpts FFT though, even the old, entry level GDS-1054B has 1Mpts. I guess Micsig never cared much about the function anyway.

https://www.batronix.com/shop/oscilloscopes/Micsig-MHO3-2504.html
« Last Edit: January 19, 2024, 10:51:45 am by Antonio90 »

Online 2N3055

• Super Contributor
The base model's page is already available at Batronix.
English datasheet available under "downloads", too big to attach without compressing. It doesn't seem to include the number of math channels, although it has a healthy amount of math with editor, dual 3GS/s ADCs, 360Mpts per ADC, statistics... Only 360Kpts FFT though, even the old, entry level GDS-1054B has 1Mpts. I guess Micsig never cared much about the function anyway.

https://www.batronix.com/shop/oscilloscopes/Micsig-MHO3-2504.html

Micsig is not heavy on analytic stuff on any of its scopes. AFAICT it has only one Math channel.
They are not targeting that market it seems. It seems to be nice, big screen, fancy looking, ultra thin form factor simple scope.
I hope they integrated segmented mode and decoding well.

They are targeting Tek MSO2x series users...

I personally think it is a bit too expensive for what it is. But that is not a problem. Market will sort that out, so either price will drop or I will be proven wrong.
It might as well be that there is huge market for these.. TIme will tell.

Anyways, good to see they are developing new stuff.

Offline egonotto

• Frequent Contributor
Hello,

I find the Micsig MHO3-2504 interesting. Unfortunately, the instructions still leave some questions unanswered.
Unfortunately, only 4x BNC adapters are included, so one too few.

Best regards
egonotto

Offline TopQuark

• Frequent Contributor
I really wish they added bode plotting functionality to their scope. Besides the usual scope functions, the bode plot function built into the Siglent scopes is probably the most important feature to me. Even then I still find the Siglent implementation quite limiting, and wish they improved it further. Almost all scope manufactures in the industry seems to have added bode plotting to their scopes as well.

But given that Micsig scopes do not have built-in AWGs and they don't manufacture external AWGs, I don't think we will ever see bode plotting functions in the scopes they have released thus far. This is a deal breaker for me, and is a shame given their focus seems to be power electronics, and bode plotting is such an useful feature in these applications.

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, 2N3055, Martin72

Offline egonotto

• Frequent Contributor
Hello,

does the Micsig MHO3-2504 have a rechargeable battery?

Best regards
egonotto

• Frequent Contributor
Hello,

does the Micsig MHO3-2504 have a rechargeable battery?

Best regards
egonotto

No' sadly not.. MHO3-series (12bit) and also MDO-xxxx (8bit) are not battery-founded, you need the ETO-series (8bit) for an inbuilt battery.
MHO & MDO are very sleek 3½ cm and a massive 14" touchscreen (1920x1200 TFT LCD)

At around 4.3kg, they likely saw it as a tad too big for a mobile battery-based scope. but then again the ETO is the same 14" screensize (3.6kg) and that unit has a battery.
I would have preferred a battery in MHO3/MDO now that Micsig is finally indulging us with knobs again, not least with that native stand which would make it easy to move around in certain environments..
- when you can just take the scope' and place it around a given workpiece or desk, though a high-wattage power bank could also help with that scenario, but it looks like it's running 24v.

MHO3/MDO

ETO
Data https://www.batronix.com/files/Micsig/ETO/Datasheet---ETO-series-oscilloscope-240105.pdf
QG https://www.batronix.com/files/Micsig/ETO/Quick-user-guide---ETO-series-.pdf
« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 03:49:07 am by DaneLaw »

The following users thanked this post: egonotto

Offline egonotto

• Frequent Contributor
Hello,

Thanks DaneLaw,
I read the claim that the Micsig MHO3-2504 has a "13,500mAh lithium battery, battery life up to 5 hours" and "screen sharing via WLAN, USB and HDMI" from a distributor. The WLAN thing is probably also wrong, I suspect.

Best regards
egonotto

• Frequent Contributor
Hello,

Thanks DaneLaw,
I read the claim that the Micsig MHO3-2504 has a "13,500mAh lithium battery, battery life up to 5 hours" and "screen sharing via WLAN, USB and HDMI" from a distributor. The WLAN thing is probably also wrong, I suspect.

Best regards
egonotto
Its only the ETO that are spec'ed with battery. (sadly)
MHO3 sheet
https://www.batronix.com/files/Micsig/MHO-3/Datasheet----MHO-3-series-oscilloscope-240105.pdf

Offline egonotto

• Frequent Contributor
Hello,

Micsig MHO3-2504 has no 13,500mAh lithium battery that was really a mistake.

I have now ordered a Micsig MHO3-2504.
If I understand correctly, it has a useless output?

Best regards
egonotto

« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 11:34:59 am by egonotto »

Online Antonio90

• Frequent Contributor
Hello,

Micsig MHO3-2504 has no 13,500mAh lithium battery that was really a mistake.

I have now ordered a Micsig MHO3-2504.

Best regards
egonotto
Damn. You really have a nice collection of scopes. ¿Could you make a comparison with any of Siglent's similarly priced scopes when they arrive?

Offline egonotto

• Frequent Contributor

Damn. You really have a nice collection of scopes. ¿Could you make a comparison with any of Siglent's similarly priced scopes when they arrive?

Hallo,

I don't have a Siglent scope yet. But I have ordered the Siglent SDS3034X HD. When it arrives, I'll be happy to compare it with the Micsig. The Micsig will probably arrive sooner, maybe even this week.

Best regards
egonotto

The following users thanked this post: Performa01, nctnico

Online Antonio90

• Frequent Contributor

Hallo,

I don't have a Siglent scope yet. But I have ordered the Siglent SDS3034X HD. When it arrives, I'll be happy to compare it with the Micsig. The Micsig will probably arrive sooner, maybe even this week.

Best regards
egonotto

Awesome, thanks!

Offline egonotto

• Frequent Contributor
Hello,

My first impression is very heavy.
Where the Rigol DHO1074 stood without any problems, it is now very wobbly with the MHO3-2504.
The supply cable to the external power supply unit is too short for me.
It has no WLAN. I don't understand how you can connect to the computer via USB. You need WhatsApp to contact Micsig.

Best regards
egonotto

The following users thanked this post: Performa01, Antonio90

Offline egonotto

• Frequent Contributor
Hello,

The probes have a Micsig Mic-OPI ™ probe interface and there is no screw for adjustment. It only works automatically. They cannot be used for other devices. Otherwise they make a good impression. My 250 MHz device comes with 500 MHz 10:1 probes.

Best regards
egonotto

The following users thanked this post: Performa01, Martin72, Antonio90

Offline egonotto

• Frequent Contributor
Hello,

The total memory for segmented memory is probably 2 times 860 MSa.
In any case, with 3.6 MSa and two channels ch1 and ch3, you get a maximum of 239 segments. For each channel this results in a file of 1720800256 B

Best regards
egonotto

Offline Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
Pics, we want to see pics... :popcorn:

Offline egonotto

• Frequent Contributor
Hello,

I don't know why the images are only 1348 x 843 pixels.
Enclosed 1 V/div and 1 mV/div with open inputs. This means +-5 V and +-5 mV, as the MHO3 has a grid of 10 * 12.

Best regards
egonotto

The following users thanked this post: Performa01, Martin72, Antonio90

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf